A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: New Zealand

#341 Post by John Hill » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:31 pm

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:54 pm
......... I'm already sick to death of Te Reo being used constantly by the ever supine media
Me too.
I believe the encouragement of Te Reo is, all and all, a positive thing.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#342 Post by FD2 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:12 am

I'd agree the 'encouragement' is a good thing for primary youngsters, if it leads to better relations between the two races. Our three grandchildren speak a lot of Te Reo after lessons at school but they know it won't help them in an international setting. I'm curmudgeonly enough to get fed up with it being used by every 'right thinking' person as social posturing. I hope that youngsters will all, as Kiwis, get on better than they have as the growing divisions between rich and poor in this country have widened and caused unwanted problems amongst not only Maori but Pakeha as well. The food bank requirement in the country is a disgrace. What happened to the days when an unskilled man could earn enough to house, feed and clothe his family without the ever growing need for food and monetary support?

I'm also worried that sizeable sections of our young people are turning to a feral existence since learning that loafing at home during lockdowns had no repercussions. Now they can still loaf at home with no come backs and indulge in hooning around in cars, ram raiding and random acts of violence against unsuspecting victims. I'm fed up with people bleating that we want to understand 'why' they do it, I'd just like it stopped because I know why they do it!

Excuse an old bloke's rant!

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#343 Post by John Hill » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:16 am

FD2 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:12 am
....growing divisions between rich and poor in this country have widened and caused unwanted problems amongst not only Maori but Pakeha as well. The food bank requirement in the country is a disgrace. What happened to the days when an unskilled man could earn enough to house, feed and clothe his family without the ever growing need for food and monetary support?
Oh dear! That does sound like leftist talk!

I'm also worried that sizeable sections of our young people are turning to a feral existence since learning that loafing at home during lockdowns had no repercussions. Now they can still loaf at home with no come backs and indulge in hooning around in cars, ram raiding and random acts of violence against unsuspecting victims.
Those things are connected...the rich are getting richer because the poor are getting poorer and as you say those higher incomes for the rich mean the poor do not have time for parenting anymore.

NZ was a different place when I was young.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#344 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:53 am

NZ was a different place when I was young.
And probably better for it, but I recall a Qantas pilot landing at Auckland and telling the passengers to "........ put your watches forward 2 hours and back 20 years " !

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#345 Post by John Hill » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:57 am

Qantas flights were always a bit late.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#346 Post by prospector » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:13 am

What is one of the first questions an employer asks? "are you on any sort of drugs? "The answer very often is in the affirmative, therefor unemployable, back on the dole, to bad.

Why else would NZ have employers desperate to get staff, from the 200.000 on the benefit in New Zealand not be utilizing this bank of unemployed? they cannot all be unemployable.

Why is it that teaching the maori language is so important for non maori? anything else, such as something approximating a haka, or facial tattoo on the chin for females, or any art form that resembles a fern leaf is called cultural appropriation?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#347 Post by FD2 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:57 am

Oh dear! That does sound like leftist talk!

I'm quite leftist really John, it's just that some leftist leaders are less appealing than others and some leftist policies are likewise! I liked people like Harold Wilson who was a man of principle, most since, like Tony Blair, just annoy me as they appear to have very few principles. Now as for Saint Jacinda...I think she learned her trade very well when working for Blair's outfit in London. ;;)

prospector
Capt
Capt

#348 Post by prospector » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:24 am

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#349 Post by Karearea » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:50 am

^ That video runs 17:54, glad I watched it.
Thanks for that, prospector
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#350 Post by John Hill » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:51 am

Oh dear! So it is true then? The sky really is falling?

prospector
Capt
Capt

#351 Post by prospector » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:28 pm

John H, Nothing that the new hate speech laws will not be able to fix.

FD2 Splitting hairs perhaps but "if it leads to better relations between the two races." Maori are not a race as such, they emigrated from a place that oral history cannot pinpoint, the word maori apparently in the old days meant "normal or ordinary man"

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#352 Post by FD2 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:28 pm

FD2 Splitting hairs perhaps but "if it leads to better relations between the two races." Maori are not a race as such, they emigrated from a place that oral history cannot pinpoint, the word maori apparently in the old days meant "normal or ordinary man"
Try telling that to the perpetually offended brigade!

Thanks for the video - what would we do without politicians? I wonder what the opposition is saying about it - the farmers are justifiably enraged - so let's hear from Luxon and Seymour. :(

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#353 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:08 am

Great confidence in NZ Post for Christmas !

Just received an advert about last days of posting, Rest of World - Monday 11th November. ( check your calendar ! )

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#354 Post by FD2 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:22 pm

Kids enjoying themselves away from school. We'd better start building more jails for when they pass the age of 18 and will only be qualified to occupy the cells. :(

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/explai ... rom-school

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#355 Post by barkingmad » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:02 am

Hopefully; https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/14/is- ... da-ardern/

and not before time! Here is that infamous quote from “Pope” Jacinda;

““So instead, I want to send a clear message to the New Zealand public: We will share with you the most up to date information daily. You can trust us as a source of that information.....You can also trust the Director-General of Health and the Ministry of Health. For that information, do feel free to visit at any time to clarify any rumour you may hear covid19.govt.nz, otherwise dismiss anything else.....We will continue to be your single source of truth,” she said.

Eat yer heart out George Orwell, your successor is hard at it!

So now dear residents of the other Southern Hemisphere 21st Century Alcatraz please brace yourselves for a tsunami of lies, damned lies and untruths from the other lot if your revered saint is toppled from power by some strange electoral conspiracy.

However there is one faint hope for her survival and that is the possibility that her mentor, one Klaus Von KnobSchwab, will ride to her rescue, so be on the alert for shenanigans in your electoral system and some possibly strange unexpected results? :)) =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#356 Post by barkingmad » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:04 am

Hopefully; https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/14/is- ... da-ardern/

and not before time! Here is that infamous quote from “Pope” Jacinda;

““So instead, I want to send a clear message to the New Zealand public: We will share with you the most up to date information daily. You can trust us as a source of that information.....You can also trust the Director-General of Health and the Ministry of Health. For that information, do feel free to visit at any time to clarify any rumour you may hear covid19.govt.nz, otherwise dismiss anything else.....We will continue to be your single source of truth,” she said.

Eat yer heart out George Orwell, your successor is hard at it!

So now dear residents of the other Southern Hemisphere 21st Century Alcatraz please brace yourselves for a tsunami of lies, damned lies and untruths from the other lot if your revered saint is toppled from power by some strange electoral conspiracy.

However there is one faint hope for her survival and that is the possibility that her mentor, one Klaus Von KnobSchwab, will ride to her rescue, so be on the alert for shenanigans in your electoral system and some possibly strange unexpected results? :)) =))

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#357 Post by FD2 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:17 am

So clever it was posted twice in case we ignored it first time! So clever in fact, that it became totally opaque and meaningless. What are you saying? Who is Klaus Von KnobSchwab? It's patently obvious to everyone that she is likely to lose the election next year so apart from reiterating what even the left inclined media are saying here, what is the point of your post?

You take something said to distract modern social media addicts when they've read about bleach cures etc on their iphones, posted by uneducated and ill informed pseudo-experts, in an attempt to try and make them consider what actual, real, qualified medical people (not her) are advising. Then you keep repeating it ad nauseam. Do you secretly have a crush on Jacinda? She's awfully sexy and persuasive to some chaps ;;) so I wouldn't blame you if you did, or are you just being a bit of an obsessive crank who likes to try and wind people up? :D

You'll be delighted to know that we have about 20,000 cases at the moment and that a prison cruise ship which just returned to Australia after cruising around New Zealand for 12 days has 800 passengers with Covid. Yay! Result! The solution to any Covid treatment problems we have in this benighted southern hell hole is here! That is what you are in favour of isn't it? The total absence of any treatment of the disease and movement restrictions, which we've had here for months?

So now dear residents of the other Southern Hemisphere 21st Century Alcatraz please brace yourselves for a tsunami of lies, damned lies and untruths from the other lot if your revered saint is toppled from power by some strange electoral conspiracy. What? Right wing politicians tell lies? =))

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#358 Post by TheGreenAnger » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:24 am

FD2 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:17 am
So clever it was posted twice in case we ignored it first time! So clever in fact, that it became totally opaque and meaningless. What are you saying? Who is Klaus Von KnobSchwab? It's patently obvious to everyone that she is likely to lose the election next year so apart from reiterating what even the left inclined media are saying here, what is the point of your post?

You take something said to distract modern social media addicts when they've read about bleach cures etc on their iphones, posted by uneducated and ill informed pseudo-experts, in an attempt to try and make them consider what actual, real, qualified medical people (not her) are advising. Then you keep repeating it ad nauseam. Do you secretly have a crush on Jacinda? She's awfully sexy and persuasive to some chaps ;;) so I wouldn't blame you if you did, or are you just being a bit of an obsessive crank who likes to try and wind people up? :D

You'll be delighted to know that we have about 20,000 cases at the moment and that a prison cruise ship which just returned to Australia after cruising around New Zealand for 12 days has 800 passengers with Covid. Yay! Result! The solution to any Covid treatment problems we have in this benighted southern hell hole is here! That is what you are in favour of isn't it? The total absence of any treatment of the disease and movement restrictions, which we've had here for months?

So now dear residents of the other Southern Hemisphere 21st Century Alcatraz please brace yourselves for a tsunami of lies, damned lies and untruths from the other lot if your revered saint is toppled from power by some strange electoral conspiracy. What? Right wing politicians tell lies? =))
Well said.

=))
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#359 Post by barkingmad » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:03 am

“So clever it was posted twice in case we ignored it first time! ”

Wrong, ‘twas an accidental double posting done on an iPad which is sometimes erratic in operation.

And no, I do not have a crush on Jacinda, I will leave any crushing to the electors in NZ and particularly the agricultural constituents who appear to be less than impressed by her.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... -emissions

That’s hardly a smart move for a country with farming being a significant portion of it’s productive industries .

Maybe Ardern’s vocal emissions should be tested for methane content as assiduously as the Covidiots are shoving swabs up everyone’s orifices?

But as a WEF Young Global Leader, she obviously knows more than the rest of NZ about how to run the country and how to vainly attempt to emulate the CCP ambition of ‘zero-plague’ dragging the NZ economy deeper into trouble.

Are the cruise ship occupants ACTUALLY clinically ill or have they just returned a high proportion of ‘tests’ which mean sweet F A without clinical symptoms?

Refer to the multitude of openly available medical articles regarding the unreliability of such swabs in attempting to diagnose a real or manufactured ‘disease’?

If they were the infamous PCR ‘tests’, have the ‘testing’ authorities stated what Ct threshold was reached in such ‘tests’ or are they shy of giving out that info in case they blow their credibility?

Cases, cases, cases and still more cases, when will Homo sapiens ever learn? [-X

prospector
Capt
Capt

#360 Post by prospector » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:17 am

Who is Klaus Von KnobSchwab? This would be the person referred too, and certainly Knobschwab would appear to fit.

https://paradigmlost.substack.com/p/who ... -the-world

"7. The WEF has for decades trained and nurtured present and future leadership in its Young Global Influencers and Young Global Leaders programs. Schwab himself boasted that in some countries more than half of the cabinets are comprised by “their” people. Merkel, Macron, Trudeau, and Ardern are just the tip of the iceberg of “leaders” that were prepared and coached for their “jobs” by the WEF. Not really what I would call democratic. Not grass roots and not inclusive by any stretch of the imagination."