New Zealand

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: New Zealand

#81 Post by FD2 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:26 pm

I will have a look at it prospector - I wouldn't like to be accused of being a bigot. I watched about 15 minutes of it last night and first thoughts were it was a little slanted but will finish it later today.

I too have three jabs now because I judged it sensible at my age. If it equates as sensible in my shrinking brain it doesn't seem to strike these demonstrators as sensible to get jabbed at all. They just seem to hate being told to do something full stop, but no doubt happy to be full of jabs to go abroad or have their bodies tattooed in dodgy premises.

Anyway that's drifting off this part of the topic and now I'm out for the day before omicron spreads around Canterbury!

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#82 Post by FD2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:37 am

barkingmad wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:53 pm
Lovely country, full of opportunities, at least for some sadistic perverted N Z Plod;

Don't worry bm - say a quick prayer and you'll be forgiven for looking at her bottom. :ymblushing: Did those cops remove her clothes or did she? Seems to me they treated her very discretely rolling her on her front so we didn't see her naughty bits :-o and covering her with a blanket.

See how nice the New Zealand police are with these demonstrators who have blocked the city for days. They're not even allowed to smack them with batons. Trigger warning, some of the young ladies might be in a state of undress. :ymblushing:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19- ... PSLMIFN7Q/

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#83 Post by FD2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:22 am

New Zealand man gets lucky escape.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -shot.html

Woman announces she's leaving her husband because he got a Covid BOOSTER SHOT - as anti-vaccine mandate protests erupt in New Zealand

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#84 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:27 am

FD2 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:22 am
New Zealand man gets lucky escape.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -shot.html

Woman announces she's leaving her husband because he got a Covid BOOSTER SHOT - as anti-vaccine mandate protests erupt in New Zealand
FD2, there are nutcases all over the world. As, you say, he is better off without her! =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#85 Post by FD2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:36 am

I sat through your doctor's jokey piece prospector. The style didn't impress me, especially the marker pen to help my reading, and I thought there was a lot of stuff in it that we had to take on trust. Also a lot of stuff that we already knew, like a comparison of the deadly effects of omicron versus delta. Then some American bits and pieces thrown in at the end. I guess it boils down to believing what we want to believe when we watch these pieces in the media. The hotch potch of people in the parliament grounds want 'freedom', but freedom from what or to do what exactly? To me it just sounds like they are copying the Capitol mob with their catch phrases, but that's just me believing what I want to believe isn't it? Some of them will be very sincere and some of them just the usual old grumbling malcontents.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#86 Post by Boac » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:12 am

FD2 wrote:Don't worry bm - say a quick prayer and you'll be forgiven for looking at her bottom. :ymblushing: Did those cops remove her clothes or did she? Seems to me they treated her very discretely rolling her on her front so we didn't see her naughty bits :-o and covering her with a blanket.
Quite - we don't want to see his 'condition' aggravated, do we?

Surely there should be some case brought against these delightful bodies (give me more...!) for attempting to seduce the NZ police (and trigger more enuresis....)

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#87 Post by FD2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:17 pm

Scheming temptresses - more ruined mattresses and who will pay?

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#88 Post by Karearea » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:44 pm

The hotch potch of people
That is what a population is.
freedom from what or to do what exactly?
Speaking for myself:

the freedom for anyone to choose whether or not to have a "vaccine" without consequences imposed for failing to comply;

freedom to go to church, businesses, meetings, funerals, to travel inter-island, without declaring my medical status or giving my contact details, or being excluded altogether from events for not being in the first hundred to indicate attendance;

freedom to stop wearing masks, so people can see each other smile.
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#89 Post by FD2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:28 pm

I couldn't agree with you more Karearea. I long for the days we could go shopping, meet friends for a meal or coffee without this rigmarole of scanning in, sanitizing hands etc. I hope the present problems we have here with delta and the two omicron variants will run their courses and with any luck not leave too many bodies. After that there may be a 'deltacron' variant arising from people who have have both varieties at the same time and also Lassa fever in the UK. Seems we may be under some sort of threat for some time to come.

Now, the big questions are:
How long do you think the demo outside parliament should go on for?
Has Saint Jacinda heard the message or is she intent on locking everyone down for years?
What percentage of the NZ public support the anti-vax section of the crowd?
What support do the demonstraters have from ACT and National?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/ ... AWZOQU2HA/

At times, a carnival atmosphere seemed to permeate the grounds, with people dancing and singing.

Several hundred people gathered on Parliament's front lawn among dozens of tents, despite a trespass notice being served.

Protesters the Herald spoke to sought to distance the majority of those present from any of the violence seen earlier this week. Some insisted police were the instigators of unrest.

One pamphlet distributed in the grounds listed nine demands, with the first being an end to all Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

Another was the abolition of the traffic light pandemic response system.

Others called for the rejection of "any moves for a society based on digital identity" and the removal of "all restrictive vaccine passports".

The pamphlet also demanded compensation for people who lost jobs due to vaccine mandates.

The open letter was labelled "ProFest 22 for Peaceful Change" and its author or authors said they wanted non-violent action and a family-friendly, drug and alcohol-free space.

In the afternoon, a social media post announced that a second "freedom convoy" was travelling from Gisborne through Bulls and Kāpiti to Wellington.

There are also elements of 1080 protesters, Three Waters protesters, party goers, nudists, anarchists, violent thugs threatening innocent bystanders, the usual curmudgeons and those who just want an excuse to have a rammy with the cops. The rain today will sort the men from the boys and then we will see what 'political promises' i.e. horse ***** comes out of the politicians' mouths!

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#90 Post by FD2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:41 pm

ps hotch potch - I meant of their various interests. Leaving aside the thorny 'vaccine' issue I think the response should be in line with the threat - which seems to be diminishing - but not quite yet. Her star is waning but I have no doubt the initial lockdowns saved lives and had to be done because of the slow start with vaccinations and the disorganised state of the Health Boards and ICU beds. Now some of those problems have been sorted, apart from the poor number of ICU beds, the country is about as well prepared for opening up as it ever will be.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#91 Post by prospector » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:29 pm

FD2
"I sat through your doctor's jokey piece prospector"

I suppose one gets what one gets from the article. For me I take the facts stated by a qualified Dr who has investigated this subject very fully, as against a volley of so called facts from public servants and politicians who would appear to be just regurgitating so called facts from more senior public servants, such as Dr Fauci, who must be eminently qualified, having been a public servant for 40 odd years. Or from Jacinda who has been, after years of preparation, then become a politician, with a skill set of what? following the polls? doing what will garner the most votes? Or maybe I am just getting old and cynical.

The Dr's definition of trickle truthing will no doubt, in the fullness of time, be applied to all the happenings regarding this virus.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#92 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:56 pm

I suspect, Karearea, in the spirit of Democritus, seeks the via media, between state totalitarianism and the decency of a citizen, in the classical citizen state. As a New Zealander, I doubt she seeks the outrage of the stupidity of the lumpen proletariat, in the way of some here, who should know better...

No doubt she will correct me, if I am wrong?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

War, Nyazuln style

#93 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:31 pm

They don't just poke their tongues out at eachother and yell and and paint themselves to look silly.

They play bad music at eachother too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60362529

It's war, Jim, but not as we know it.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#94 Post by Karearea » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:35 pm

^
Barry Manilow's greatest hits, which include Mandy and Could It Be Magic, as well as the 1990s hit Macarena
at which the protesters sang along, and got up and danced =)) :YMPARTY:
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#95 Post by FD2 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:49 pm

This morning the anti-lotsofthings protesters emerge:

The anti-mandate, anti-vaccine and anti-authority protest at Parliament has entered its sixth day as Cyclone Dovi buffets those who remain.

Parliament's protesters have begun emerging for the day, after suffering the wind and rain through the night. Despite the howling southerlies, most tents appear to be still standing.

Police numbers outside are also still low, spread across the front of the forecourt.

The Speaker's playlist is still playing - but Macarena and Manilow have been replaced by Frozen's Let It Go.

The song is another one on lists of the world's worst songs.

Earlier this morning, James Blunt took to Twitter to offer his songs for the playlist.

Give me a shout if this doesn’t work. @NZPolice https://t.co/AM2dZ6asMS
— James Blunt (@JamesBlunt) February 12, 2022

By 11am, the speakers were blasting "You're Beautiful", the Blunt hit song that also regularly features in "world's worst songs" playlists.

:-o I give in! Get me out of here!! :))

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19- ... 3TF2JKRCA/

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#96 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:58 pm

Karearea wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:35 pm
^
Barry Manilow's greatest hits, which include Mandy and Could It Be Magic, as well as the 1990s hit Macarena
at which the protesters sang along, and got up and danced =)) :YMPARTY:
;)))

Once we were men!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#97 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:16 am

By evening, Parliament Speaker Trevor Mallard had come up with a new plan to make the protesters uncomfortable: using a sound system to blast out vaccine messages, Barry Manilow songs and the 1980s earworm hit “Macarena” on a repeat loop.

Protesters responded by playing their own tunes, including Twister Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It.”

Now that's what I call War!

An exchange of earthworms.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#98 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:28 am

You know that you've got democracy when your government plays this sort of thing at in you in situations of apparent public disorder.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#99 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:30 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:28 am
You know that you've got democracy when your government plays this sort of thing at in you in situations of apparent public disorder.

And ended with an ancient =)) Bren...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot