Life and death in Kabul..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Life and death in Kabul..

#1 Post by John Hill » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:35 am

"The Taliban took over about two months ago and I just can't believe how quickly everything has deteriorated.

"People cannot find food, there's no money, they can't pay for things, employers can't pay their workers because there's no cash, they can't get money out even from the ATMs."

Millions of jobs have disappeared, half of the population does not know where their next meal is coming from and already children are dying from malnutrition, Bellis said.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programm ... any-levels
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Life and death in Kabul..

#2 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:59 am

Well, nobody's sending an Army to help them- so they'd better get on with sorting it out themselves.

It's literally their problem.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:52 pm

It's a problem we created by destroying the liberal secular government by expensively sponsoring Muslim terrorists.

After twenty years of trying to destroy our former allies, it was long overdue that we piss off and leave the smoking ruins of what we have destroyed.

We broke it and we don't know how to fix it, so the best thing we can do is try not to repeat previous mistakes. An ugly outcome, I know, but there's buggerall we can do about that now.

The Russians spent years and billions and thousands of lives trying to prop up a modern government which educated women at university level and allowed them to wear miniskirts. They failed, thanks in large part to the extreme malice and antipathy of UKUSA.

We are out of it now. Let's keep it that way.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:52 pm
It's a problem we created by destroying the liberal secular government by expensively sponsoring Muslim terrorists.

After twenty years of trying to destroy our former allies, it was long overdue that we piss off and leave the smoking ruins of what we have destroyed.

We broke it and we don't know how to fix it, so the best thing we can do is try not to repeat previous mistakes. An ugly outcome, I know, but there's buggerall we can do about that now.

The Russians spent years and billions and thousands of lives trying to prop up a modern government which educated women at university level and allowed them to wear miniskirts. They failed, thanks in large part to the extreme malice and antipathy of UKUSA.

We are out of it now. Let's keep it that way.
Ons het die hele spul opgefok!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Woody » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:11 pm

As a slightly amusing footnote to this thread, one of my colleagues who was on longtime furlough with me, Big Airways phoned him asking him if he was available to return to work, he was actually in Kabul airport trying to get out, so he replied that if he got out alive he’d give them a call back :))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:39 pm

I've no idea what it means, but I rather like the sound of opgefok.

Is it a cloggie equivalent of the Weegie 'Git tae fock'?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:39 pm

I've no idea what it means, but I rather like the sound of opgefok.

Is it a cloggie equivalent of the Weegie 'Git tae fock'?
Basically, it means "we **** the whole place up"! As for opgefok, Afrikaans and Weegie are good languages/dialects to swear in. First time I came across people talking with a Weegie accent on a train, I couldn't understand a word of it, which was somewhat irritating as it was a group of precocious girls who were taking the mickey out of my accent... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by John Hill » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:16 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:59 am
Well, nobody's sending an Army to help them- so they'd better get on with sorting it out themselves.

It's literally their problem.
I believe sending armies has already been tried and they have always been sent home with blazing tail feathers.

Sorting it out themselves is something that will never be allowed and even today the Leaders Of The Free World and their fellow scroats are working to destroy recovery efforts.

You can shove the problem back on them but that will be eventually regretted as we all know nature abhors a vacuum.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Millions of Afghans face starvation this winter.....

#9 Post by John Hill » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:20 am

More than half the population - about 22.8 million people - face acute food insecurity, while 3.2 million children under five could suffer acute malnutrition, the WFP said.

"Afghanistan is now among the world's worst humanitarian crises, if not the worst," said David Beasley, the executive director of the WFP.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59011501

........but I guess it is all their fault. :-s

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:32 am

It's clear that this Winter is going to be a nightmare in Afghanistan.
Sadly, I think the West has rather tired of the place.
Maybe Pakistan will help them? They usually take an interest.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:56 pm

I'm afraid, John, that you have to assign some self-responsibilty to anyone of adult age. The same applies to nations. Claiming that all misfortunes are all due to outside influences only goes so far. Yes, the Americans behaved in occupation with their usual beastly mix of ignorance and arrogance; so did the Russians before them, and so, many years ago and with the best of intentions, did the English before them. However they now have their country back: and so far are not making a good job of administeting it by Western standards.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by John Hill » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:42 pm

Well, yes, I did expect to hear it was all their fault and their responsibility to look after themselves so no surprises there.

Meanwhile the war continues, the war of isolation and financial strangulation with just a few billions of plunder on the side.