Partygate.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Partygate.

#1 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:09 pm

Dominic Cummings- the gift that keeps on giving.

A related thought that crossed my mind...

If Doris, SAGE. NERVETAG, etc thought it so vital to scare the living bejeezuz out of the population, why were they so comfortable meeting up for drinkies?

If it was all so terrible- wouldn't they have been too worried to meet up?

If they were happy to meet up for drinkies, which they clearly were- why ban the rest of us from doing the same?

My BS detector is clanging...

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Partygate.

#2 Post by OFSO » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:10 pm

Looks like there was a TGIF party every Friday... Of course Boris wasn't aware of them, let alone attending in person.....

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:36 pm

Personally, I don't care much if they broke some rules, or had a pisssup every Friday.

What bothers me is they put the fear of Death (literally) into the population while clearly feeling no fear themselves.

So either they grossly exaggerated the fear- unforgivable.

or...

They are jolly brave, risking certain death every Friday, in order to get drunk.

Which is it?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:46 pm

Obviously 2, and the venerable Sue Gray will doubtless find that BoJo should be knighted for his bravery.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by 4mastacker » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:14 pm

What's the likelihood that these feckn idiots may have possibly screwed it up for every one in the public sector (including the Forces) if this saga results in after-work drinks parties/piss-ups being banned in all government-owned workplaces through them ignoring the rules during this pandemic?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:23 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:14 pm
What's the likelihood that these feckn idiots may have possibly screwed it up for every one in the public sector (including the Forces) if this saga results in after-work drinks parties/piss-ups being banned in all government-owned workplaces through them ignoring the rules during this pandemic?
Such a scenario occurred in the RAF in the 70s after one QFI fatally planted himself into a Yorkshire Dales reservoir in a Jet Provost doing the weather check recce.
'Twas rumoured that, as the Oirish would say, a significant amount of "drink had been taken" which may have been a contributory factor.
Thereafter the normal practice of being pictured exiting the cockpit on the ground after one's last flight, before leaving the squadron/station, with a celebratory glass of something was immediatel banned by the senior orifices who were fearful of the image being projected that the Service was full of pi55heads who mixed booze and flying. (Who, me guv?)
It was a few years before that little harmless ceremony was reinstated.
Incidentally, surely a suitcase full of booze would be X-ray screened even if being carried by a pass-wearing member of staff and challenged by the #10 security staff?
Otherwise an aircraft-style liquid bomb would be all that is required to delete the building and it's contents? :-?
If screened and detected, then the security folk will have foreknowledge of the various imminent celebrations and will be entertained by the sweet Sue Grey, a suitable name for a previously unknown Civil Servant...? ^#(^

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by OFSO » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:38 pm

IMG-20220115-WA0004.jpg

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:59 pm

On a more sober note, a sideways look at the pearl-clutching and smelling-salts inhaling epidemic over the various parties pointscoring over "Partygate":-

An NHS nurse has unwittingly spelled out the barbarism of lockdown.

This week, in response to the latest drinks-during-lockdown scandal engulfing Downing Street, the Labour Party tweeted something so extraordinary, so tone deaf, so inhumane, that it managed to make Boris and his coterie of rule-breaking hypocrites look almost principled in comparison.

It was a comment from an NHS nurse named only as Jenny (thank God for the absence of Jenny’s surname, for I shudder to think of the abuse she would receive if her full identity were revealed). This is what Jenny, according to Labour, had to say about the government’s boozy get-togethers on 20 May 2020 and other occasions when the rest of us were locked down:

‘I remember 20 May 2020 vividly, I spent hours on the phone to a man who was in the hospital car park, utterly desperate to see his wife. He begged, wept, shouted to be let in, but we said no – for the greater good of everyone else. She died unexpectedly and alone, as the government had a party.’

This is a genuinely extraordinary statement. It is astonishing that no one in the Labour social-media team thought twice about posting it. The aim of this tweet is clearly to make us shake our heads and say ‘I can’t believe the government had a party while the NHS was making such tough decisions’, but in truth it has the exact opposite effect. It made me, at least, think to myself: ‘I can’t believe we let people die alone. I can’t believe the howling grief of a desperate man was ignored. I can’t believe there was such a complete and catastrophic collapse in everyday humanity during the lockdown.’

Labour clearly wants us to sympathise with ‘Jenny’ against the government. But I find myself far more disgusted, far more outraged, by Jenny’s behaviour than by Boris Johnson’s. To have a sneaky party during lockdown is one thing. To ignore the pleas of a begging, weeping man and to watch as his wife subsequently died alone is something else entirely. It is in an utterly different moral ballpark. It is an unconscionable act. It is an obscenity against the human family that makes Boris and Carrie’s 25-minute visit to a garden party look saintly in comparison.

We let people die alone. Just think about that. We let desperate, terrified men howl in car parks. We kept husband from wife, wife from husband. We let people give birth alone. We deprived the elderly of visits from their loved ones. We left dementia sufferers to believe, in their rare moments of lucidity, that their sons and daughters and grandchildren had abandoned them. We let people die alone.

We had to do it, for ‘the greater good’, says Jenny. The greater good. How much inhumanity and tyranny has been justified in the name of ‘the greater good’ throughout history? The very act of prioritising an abstract idea of ‘the greater good’ above the individual good in the moment we find ourselves in should be anathema to people who care about their communities. The good in the moment Jenny describes would have been to find a way – any way – to let that desperate man be with his incredibly poorly wife. That would have been good for him, for her, for their families, for their community, and for the NHS nurses themselves, who will have known that they helped to facilitate a memory-shaping end-of-life moment between a man and his wife. Instead, they did a bad thing, not a good thing. They did a wicked, unforgivable thing. The idea that wickedness can be justified in the name of some broader good is the end of morality and the starting point of tyranny.

We need a reckoning with what happened to us as a country during lockdown. We need to assess how this country of ours got to a point where a man was left weeping in a car park while his wife died on her own inside the building. ‘But restrictions were necessary’, people say. Yes. Sure. But the idea that there could be no leeway with those restrictions, no relaxation of them in human emergencies, no case-by-case judgement of when the rules might have been utterly upended in the name of the human good, should be viewed as preposterous, alien and unforgivable.

Well done, Labour – in your boneheaded effort to get one over on crisis-ridden Boris you have reminded us that there were far worse things during lockdown than parties at Downing Street. Letting people die alone – that’s one.

Credit for this commentary to Brendan O'Neill of 'Spiked-Online' publication.

And food for thought for those O-N members who were sooh enthusiastic for far too long about keeping NPIs running "for the greater good"?! Shame on you all! :-w

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by OFSO » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:40 pm

A senior Whitehall figure in regular touch with Sue Gray, who is expected exonerate Boris Johnson, sorry, to "publish her findings" by the end of this week, said she was “disappointed in what she is finding but personally she is robust”. It is understood she had no idea of the latest revelations about parties and only found about them in the media. (The Guardian, tonight).

Obviously the Perfect Person to put in charge of the whitewash, sorry, "inquiry".

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:01 pm

These last few posts make me ever gladder my to have left the UK.

What a twisted, poisonous place it has become.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:48 pm

Sue Gray, the perfect candidate to investigate the Drowning Street pissups, judging by her previous form:-

'According to her Government biography, Ms Gray started working for the Cabinet Office in the late 1990s following her stint behind the bar in Northern Ireland during a “career break”'.

However, this next quote bodes ill for an open and frank inquiry:-

'Some critics have suggested Ms Gray has been influential in blocking freedom of information requests, with former BBC Newsnight journalist Chris Cook reporting in 2015 that she was “notorious for her determination not to leave a document trail” and had assisted departments to “fight disclosures”'.

Info sourced from the Belfawst Torygraph newspaper.

After which she is well placed to oversee the proposed conversion to a Wetherspoons, although the "bouncers" at the street gates might discourage some potential drinkers? :-s

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:52 pm

This video is apparently from 2013, when the World was a happy place and the English Language and science and the medical profession and some politicians received some respect and had not been wrecked as thoroughly as they are now:-

I'm afraid this spectacle really put me off my dinner but luckily I'm attempting dry January (or bits thereof for obvious reasons)... :ymsick:

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:07 am

I bet Doris is feeling sorry about listening to Carrie- aka Princess Nut-nuts and booting Dominic Cummings out the door now.

Crikey, you'd think he'd been shagging Cummings, then dumped him for a younger, hairier model!

He's got that rage normally found in a woman spurned.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:24 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:07 am
I bet Doris is feeling sorry about listening to Carrie- aka Princess Nut-nuts and booting Dominic Cummings out the door now.

Crikey, you'd think he'd been shagging Cummings, then dumped him for a younger, hairier model!

He's got that rage normally found in a woman spurned.
The old adage of tent and urinating immediately occurred to me when I heard of Dom's dismissal.

I suggest this is proof positive that the Pig Dictator is more stupid and submissive to Nut-Nut/Carrie Antoinette than we suspected, but what demon will replace him?

Although the weird cove Gove has been observed back-pedalling on his extreme lockdown views but he's still a tarnished turd.

Diverting slightly, is prince Ginge's desire to come back to Blighty and his request for an injunction so's he can rent UK Plod for protection a clue as to his yearning to return to these shores? As the News of the World used to say "I think we should be told". :))

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:03 pm

I'll put my hand up and admit I was wrong about Doris. I thought he'd rise to the occasion.

Boy, was I wrong.

Now Cummings, as Barking said- is outside the tent, pissing in- and I suspect he has ammunition a-plenty and no plans to stop pissing until he's had his revenge and Doris has pissed off.

But, as I read elsewhere, in Westminster you get rid of one arsehole, only to see him replaced by another.

Whoever replaces him will likely continue in the same eco-loony vein- no-one has the balls to do otherwise.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:24 pm

AK I disagree with you on one important point in your post!

Doris has an unfortunate habit of "rising to the occasion" all too often if his breeding record is taken into account? =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Boac » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:28 pm

Home Office now in the frame -

"The drinks, confirmed by a Home Office spokesperson, were held on March 24 2021 – just days after a man in Warwickshire was fined £100 for sitting in his garden with three friends."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:46 pm

It's one rule for us and ....

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:53 pm

Shock horror! UK Prime Minister interviewed by police from the Anti-Corruption Unit #12:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/embed/ ... -v4c681da1

Dream on...? :)) =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:59 pm

This will probably get taken down soon, but if it lasts, standby for an important announcement from the Right Honourable Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of Grate Britain:-