Re: Australia kicks out Novak Djokovic

#21 Post by FD2 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:21 am

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:04 am
Alisoncc wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:54 am
Dushan wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:59 am
What is everyone's obsession with other people being vaxxed?
Perhaps because of the number of hospital and ICU beds being taken up by unvaccinated idiots. If, following an accident, you or a close relative were in need of an ICU bed, and none were available, would you still feel the same?
+ another

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 am

FD2 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:20 am
Aussies know how to return a Serb...
=))

pp

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:25 am

Ibbie wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:49 am
World tennis or whoever runs the sport these days,should remove the Australian Open from the Calender, as they seem unable to organize a piss up in a brewery.

Would hope all the sponsors now withdraw their support as well.

You can't have a major tournament run by numpties and interfered with by nimbies.
If sponsors withdraw their support that would just help emphasise how powerful/significant Djokovic is for tennis.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:36 am

Why should sponsors support his actions in this respect ? I would ignore sponsors who do - if their products apply to me in any way, but they probably don't. He's entitled to refuse vaccination if he wishes, but he should then isolate himself from the World, as should all anti-vaxxers. Covid is here to stay, unfortunately, and we just have to get used to it, like the repercussions of 911, sadly.

Sorry to see that Aus. made such a bollox of this affair, before acting correctly.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by EA01 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 am

Difference between Novax & an English opening batsman??......

.............It takes two weeks to get Novax out.....

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by FD2 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:58 am

EA01 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 am
Difference between Novax & an English opening batsman??......

.............It takes two weeks to get Novax out.....
An embarrassing performance all right. :ymblushing:

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by EA01 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:14 am

Sorry to see that Aus. made such a bollox of this affair, before acting correctly.
You can count on us Sir!.... :)

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by Pinky the pilot » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:14 am

Alisoncc wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 pm

Dushan wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:29 pm

Perhaps because of the number of hospital and ICU beds being taken up by unvaccinated idiots. If, following an accident, you or a close relative were in need of an ICU bed, and none were available, would you still feel the same?
+3.

And having once occupied an ICU bed for about a week, albeit around 30 years ago, I can appreciate just how valued those places are! [-X
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by Ibbie » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:54 am

should sponsors support his actions in this respect ? I would ignore sponsors who do
Nobody mentioned supporting his actions.

Would a sponsor want to be associated with any part of this whole shambles?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 am

The next ATP Masters 1000 events are in March – California’s Indian Wells tournament and the Miami Open – both subject to US entry requirements that incoming travellers must be double-vaccinated.

There is a strong chance, then, that Djokovic will not be seen on the tour again until Monte Carlo, the first stop on the clay-court swing.
Oh dear, how sad. I hope America stands by its guns and supports Australia's stance. Will the sports comentariate condemn the US too?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by Boac » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 am

Will the sports comentariate condemn the US too?
Only if they also make a dog's breakfast out of it.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:09 pm

Apparently Ffrance has said " No vax no Novax at Ffrench Open.

PP

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#33 Post by Dushan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:33 pm

Alisoncc wrote:
Dushan wrote:
Yes I would. Life is not fair. Deal with it.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by FD2 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:17 pm

You're not from a close family then Dushan?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#35 Post by Dushan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:08 pm

FD2 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:17 pm
You're not from a close family then Dushan?
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:17 pm

Clear to me.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by FD2 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:56 pm

'Close family' - all on kind, loving terms with other members of the family. Close relationships in other words.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:01 pm

Here's part of a letter smuggled out of the Oz Branch Covidians' compound giving an idea of what it's like in the land of fun 'sheilas', BBQs, tinnies of beer, Bondi Beach and crocodile wresting heroes:

In Australia, the Clowns Are in Charge – And It’s No Laughing Matter

"There were cynics who doubted the clowns who run this country could maintain their high standards of idiocy into this third year of pandemonium, but here they come again, tripping over their giant shoes as they enter the ring. Buffoons of that pedigree were never going to let us down.

True to their vision, we’re trapped in a miasma of bumbling incompetence, leavened with spiteful, vindictive meddling in our private lives. Polka-dotted bowler hats off to them, I say.

What a wacky week these crazy kids have delivered us. But before we luxuriate in the comic masterpiece of the Australian Open and Government’s removal of its reigning champion, Novak Djokovic, late on Friday, we should pause to applaud the latest jewel in the crown of our leaders’ stupidity: the screamingly funny $1,000 fine for not filing your positive rapid antigen test to the NSW Government’s gnomes.

The early promise and backbone shown by the NSW Premier suggested he’d fluffed his lines, but normal nonsense programming was restored at the prompting of his Health Ministry halfwits and a couple of Sydney talkback windbags. Their barrage of uneducated blustering and bullying, echoed by the shrieking flock of Chicken Littles that nest in our print media, saw the Premier’s resolve evaporate like the morning mist.

Given his Government has no idea who among its subjects has the RAT kits (I bought a couple of packets a month ago – or did I?), nor how many they have, or whether they’ve been used, correctly or otherwise, or by whom, or what result they gave, it seems unlikely that any fines will be collected. So, an unenforceable law to deal with an undetectable offence with a mighty but undeliverable penalty. If there’s a more amusing way of inviting contempt for the rules and their creators, I look forward to it.

You can see the appeal, though: at a grand a pop they only need to catch 11 million recalcitrants and – bingo! – that’s paid for the 58 million PCR tests we’ve conducted so far.

Besides, self-reporting has marvellous potential. In some U.S. cities there have been calls to defund the police, but our jokers have gone one better and outsourced the role to the citizens. A simple command to report oneself on pain of punishment – why did no one think of that before?

“Hello, NSW police? I drove home on New Year’s Eve and used a breath-test machine to discover to my horror that I was marginally over the limit. Please suspend my licence for three months – oh, and there’s a cheque for $1,500 in the post.”

Meanwhile, infections continue to climb, hundreds of thousands a day, boosted by the eager self-testers who uploaded their results to the health services website. So after nearly two years of kicking it, here’s where the can has ended up."

As Clive James is quoted as saying:- "“The problem with Australians is not that so many of them are descended from convicts, but that so many of them are descended from prison officers.”

They're certainly living up to that reputation... :ymsick:

It is strange to think that as late as the 70s in Britain the cheap subsidised fare to the land of opportunity and freedom was still on offer to those who wished to build valhalla on the other side of the globe. #:-S

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#39 Post by Dushan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 pm

FD2 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:56 pm
'Close family' - all on kind, loving terms with other members of the family. Close relationships in other words.
I still don’t understand what you are implying. Could it be that somehow you are suggesting that Djokivic and I are related? We are not, and while I do come from the same part of the world that he is from, I left a long time ago and feel no affiliation with citizens of that country.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by FD2 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:52 am

Dushan wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:33 pm
Alisoncc wrote:
Dushan wrote:
Yes I would. Life is not fair. Deal with it.
So the question I was asking, is whether you have a close relationship with members of your family i.e. close relatives? I guess the answer is no if you wouldn't be upset about one of them needing an ICU bed and one not being available, perhaps being taken up by a unvaccinated person. Is that clearer now?

I think I would be upset if my wife or child needed a bed and it was being used by an unvaccinated clown, standing on his or her 'principles'. Life isn't 'fair' but it can be made fairer by people having a modicum of care for others. The predictable counter argument runs that vaccination doesn't stop people with Covid from passing it on to others, but until it has been proved that it doesn't reduce the chance of a Covid infected individual from needing an ICU bed then I am happy to 'point the bone' at selfish oafs.

Your response is straight out of the Donald Chump Handbook on how to behave in the 21st Century. BTW I'm no fan of the Democrats and the touchy feely woke crap they are encouraging either.