Australia kicks out Novak Djokovic

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
prospector
Capt
Capt

Re: Australia kicks out Novak Djokovic

#41 Post by prospector » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:54 am

And how many of these beds are being occupied by multi vaccinated people? and how many more times are these vaccinations going to have to be given before they stop the infection, it would appear to be up to four times now, and no end in sight, how often am I going to have my vaccine passport renewed to show I am current??

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:59 am

What FD2 said!

PP

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by FD2 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:49 am

prospector wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:54 am
And how many of these beds are being occupied by multi vaccinated people? and how many more times are these vaccinations going to have to be given before they stop the infection, it would appear to be up to four times now, and no end in sight, how often am I going to have my vaccine passport renewed to show I am current??
Yes - I'm sick of it too and hope that it peters out soon. The jabs, the masks and the wait for Omicron here are really p*ssing me off too but what's the alternative? I suspect Omicron will run riot here and overwhelm the health system, but in general we have a high vaccination rate now and those who haven't had their jabs don't concern me at all. I just hope it's not as much of a risk for us oldies as Delta, but then we're expendable for some folk. ;)))

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by FD2 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:51 am

ps I have no idea how many ICU bed occupiers are multi-vaccinated. The nurse who jabbed me for my first booster said my vaccination pass will be automatically updated so I don't have to go on updating/reprinting it.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#45 Post by Dushan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:21 pm

FD2, if you accept the concept of socialized healthcare then you have to accept it with all of its warts such as first come, first serve concept. You are concentrating on the unvaxxed, but what about those who smoked all their lives and are now occupying an ICU bed so that there is no place for nana with pneumonia? Or the guy who is morbidly obese while aunt Helga is waiting for a new hip?
Life is hard, it’s not fair; deal with it. You can go about insulting me and calling me names but deep down, if you think about it rationally, you will come to the same conclusions.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:40 pm

I don't follow tennis, or other crap on television, so my question is based on ignorance.

Why didn't the professional traveler to Australia get vaccinated like other people do?

Was it some kind of religeous dogma thing?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#47 Post by Dushan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:44 pm

Some people are concerned with being injected with an experimental drug. True vaccines take years, if not decades, to develop and be approved. This "vaccine" was developed in a matter of months. Forcing medical procedures on people is contrary to human rights.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:51 pm

Which country "forces" medical procedures upon people?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by Boac » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:58 pm

UP wrote:Why didn't the professional traveler to Australia get vaccinated like other people do?

Was it some kind of religeous dogma thing?
He prides himself, like many, in being a shining 'anti-vaxxer' and to do so would have destroyed his 'cred'. However, his other option was to have recovered from a Covid 'dose' in the appropriate time-frame which would have qualified him for the AO. I suspect that 'try' was rigged by Serbia and he got caught out because he is thick. Then there were the 'unfortunate' mistakes on his declared travel to Aus. He may well have scuppered his tennis career now but I think his performance probably puts him in the running to replace BoJo as British PM...................

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:13 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:51 pm
Which country "forces" medical procedures upon people?
Sounds like Austria is in the running.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by Boac » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 pm

I take it, PN, you mean Germany, or were the 'doctors' all Austrian?

UP - it depends on what you mean by 'forces'. If you have the choice to decline, it is not 'forced', although pressure may be placed on you via various means to ensure compliance. Then you get into the murky land of Jehovah's Witnesses and emergency surgery/blood transfusions. Plenty of scope there for the Neil Olivers to witter away. =))

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:18 pm

I chose to ignore that as it was only part of the population.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by FD2 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Dushan wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:21 pm
FD2, if you accept the concept of socialized healthcare then you have to accept it with all of its warts such as first come, first serve concept. You are concentrating on the unvaxxed, but what about those who smoked all their lives and are now occupying an ICU bed so that there is no place for nana with pneumonia? Or the guy who is morbidly obese while aunt Helga is waiting for a new hip?
Life is hard, it’s not fair; deal with it. You can go about insulting me and calling me names but deep down, if you think about it rationally, you will come to the same conclusions.
Those are good points Dushan and no name calling, just a point made if a bit forcefully. I used to smoke but gave up about 30 years ago. No obesity in the family and I agree that I was annoyed that when I had a short spell in hospital about 5 years ago the bed opposite was occupied by a man who stretched from one side of the bed to another. I think that they may need help beyond the purely physical - hypnosis or whatever. That also applies to folk who pursue dangerous pursuits like hooning around in cars but health care must be available to all without any finger wagging.

However I hold to the view that until it's proved that the double/triple/quadruple jabbed need ICU beds just as much as the un-jabbed then I will go along with vaccination. This is an immediate and pressing matter of a pandemic. Smoking rates are falling here but obesity is rising dramatically - I hope that the latter can be dealt with in slower time. A simple series of jabs, with a possible death rate from complications of about one in a million isn't too much to ask.

Back to the topic - Djokovic was chancing it and thought he had an opening. It wasn't but should have been made crystal clear to him that double vaccination was needed to enter the country despite him being a god.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:55 pm

I've been to several countries where a certificate, for such as Yellow Fever, is required.

Quite simple, actually.

Vaccination; Certificate; Entry.

Which bit was his problem?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:13 pm

What would the Australians have done if he had relented and agreed to be vaccinated?

A single shot applied wouldn't have matured to provide protection.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by Boac » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:14 pm

Isn't that obvious?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#57 Post by Dushan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:55 pm
I've been to several countries where a certificate, for such as Yellow Fever, is required.

Quite simple, actually.

Vaccination; Certificate; Entry.

The COVID concoction is not a vaccine. It is an experimental drug that minimizes the degree of illness. It does not prevent you from getting the disease. So yes, many countries require you to have the yellow WHO booklet stamped with the appropriate vaccines, but not that you participate in an experimental drug trial that also includes electronic code scanning and tracking.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#58 Post by prospector » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:55 pm

"The COVID concoction is not a vaccine. It is an experimental drug that minimizes the degree of illness. It does not prevent you from getting the disease. " Exactly!!!

Would anybody like to try and disprove that statement?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by FD2 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:06 pm

So, what difference does that make? There never has been any pretence about it preventing people contracting the disease. If it is a 'concoction', what difference does that make to the situation the world is in? Will you take a chance on dying/not dying until a 'true' vaccine has been formulated, passed clinical trials, been manufactured in billions of doses in about 5 or more year's time or have a some jabs that may save your skin in the meantime?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 pm

#58. What a load of utter rubbish, piffle and poppycock.