Censoring

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Censoring

#141 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:36 pm

He is on one of the military forums.
Was linked to it, but don't remember which one.

PP

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#142 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:37 pm

Thanks.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#143 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:53 pm

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/
This is the one, I think.

PP

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#144 Post by Dushan » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:46 am

He is on Arrse because they don’t mind course language and “they are used to robust discussion”.

He says he would join a new forum, if one is started, without having to tipi toe around in fear of offending someone, particularly the owner.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#145 Post by k3k3 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:29 am

I've only seen Fox3 on the serious parts of ARRSE where bad language is not tolerated.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#146 Post by admin2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:23 am

Dushan - it appears neither you or fox understand the way this site is run. There is no 'owner'. I believe this point has been made quite clear.

If (and I would be very surprised) fox cannot post on a site without uttering profanities then we do not want him here.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#147 Post by om15 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:18 pm

then we do not want him here.
I do.

We understand that there are four or five or six Administrator Assistants to aid the moderation of the site, and yet more positions are advertised, presumably so that the forum can be prowled in the dark hours by Antipodean Administration Assistants, looking for goodness knows what.

What on earth is happening to this site?

Personally I would like to see Slasher, Sisemen, Fox, Stacker, AK and all the others back on the site, but some hope of that.

In the spirit of the new web site members will no doubt be interested in this knitting pattern sale, good bargains to be had,

https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-gb/l/knit ... g-patterns

ribrash

#148 Post by ribrash » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:38 pm

admin2 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:23 am
Dushan - it appears neither you or fox understand the way this site is run. There is no 'owner'. I believe this point has been made quite clear.

If (and I would be very surprised) fox cannot post on a site without uttering profanities then we do not want him here.
Up untll recently certain members were allowed to utter profanities as and when they liked without fear of being sent to the naughty step.Then one or two complained and it all changed. I did suggest a few moons ago that drinking and posting should be discouraged.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#149 Post by admin2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:47 pm

om15 wrote:Personally I would like to see Slasher, Sisemen, Fox, Stacker, AK and all the others back on the site, but some hope of that.
I agree (I cannot recall 'Stacker'?), but have you forgotten that they all left a while back and that we have only 'lost' one member since we took over, namely **** AK? What do you suggest we do to rectify that?

I think you are extremely confused as to what you actually want here. Your post you have quoted from 2020 said that you were concerned that the drunken, abusive posts were driving people away. Those have now stopped (we actually removed one against you... =)) ). Can you please tell us how you would like the site run rather than bleat? If you want no moderation, drunken, abusive posts and lots of profanities, please state clearly. You will be in a very small minority.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#150 Post by om15 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:36 pm

we actually removed one against you... =)) ).
Yes I know, and the person who made it is still posting on here.

When you tried to take over the forum in Oct 2020 Alison realised that it would be a disaster and quickly regained control, she wrote;
There has been a significant difference of opinion between my anointed successor and myself. He, having once been a moderator on TOP, was aiming to run Ops-Norm on a similar basis with the Admin corresponding with individual mods by private emails. This being the antithesis of everything I hold dear. I have always aimed for maximum transparency and openness on our forum, posting my intentions for all members to discuss. Haven't always been successful, but I've tried. I very rarely interfere in the proceedings, managing the site with a very light touch
She was right.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#151 Post by admin2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:48 pm

Yes, you are confused. So, nothing constructive, just bleating. You are not actually on my 'Ignore' lists (I do not use them), but I am just going to ignore your rants. Enjoy the knitting.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#152 Post by om15 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:09 pm

Can you please tell us how you would like the site run rather than bleat?
To see the site under the administration of a discreet impartial and efficient moderator who is not trying to build an empire for his/her own satisfaction.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#153 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:40 pm

om15 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:09 pm
Can you please tell us how you would like the site run rather than bleat?
To see the site under the administration of a discreet impartial and efficient moderator who is not trying to build an empire for his/her own satisfaction.
I feel we are fairly close to that!

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#154 Post by Dushan » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 pm

This is all getting very silly. The entire purpose and objective of this site was to NOT be TOP. We all came here and had a good time for a while until banning and underhanded actions started to happen. The reasons are not important. The whole idea was that there would not be any reasons and it would be a “free” site. Free from all encumbrances that TOP had.

Sadly we are at the same place TOP is.

But even if things change, which is unlikely, the people who left are gone. They are not coming back. They don’t want to constantly walk on eggshells worrying if they offended someone, or committed some other type of “sin”.

Wether this is because of general atmosphere, in all aspects of life, of “cancel culture” and general “wokeism”, of visions of grandeur for this site by those who run/own it, I don’t know. Al I know it is spiraling into oblivion. The only question is which way is it spinning. CW or CCW? I guess it depends on your POV and the hemisphere you’re in.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#155 Post by OFSO » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:56 am

Life in ON these days reminds me of life in East Germany. You never knew if your neighbour was a member of the Stasi but it was safer to assume he was. (Only kidding, of course).

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#156 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:05 am

OFSO wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:56 am
Life in ON these days reminds me of life in East Germany. You never knew if your neighbour was a member of the Stasi but it was safer to assume he was. (Only kidding, of course).
Jawohl, but remember, being German, the Stasi were always the best dressed, and had been bequeathed the painting of the Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by van Clomp! =)) ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#157 Post by om15 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:53 am

We have, as you all know, a small but 'beautifully formed' group of members assisting with 'admin' decisions.

I would like to 'recruit' volunteers from the areas where time zones are around 12 hours adrift on GMT, ie the antipodes etc., and also from the USA. If anyone is interested, please contact me via PM: Admin2

Ops Normal Moderators.

ON Moderators.jpg
ON Moderators.jpg (44.17 KiB) Viewed 491 times

The only site with more moderators than members.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#158 Post by OFSO » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:56 am

Nobody was dressed well in East Germany back then, with the exception of top party officials. Happy days, though. A surprising percentage of Ossies regret the change to 'democracy'.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#159 Post by admin2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:33 am

I think it is time to re-open Whingers Corner and move a few posts over.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#160 Post by admin2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:42 am

om15 - congratulations on a 'constructive' post regarding who you would like to see running the site. Do I assume you are unhappy with the other members of the group as well? Can you ( constructively) put forward your choice for the posts (having, of course, the approval of your nominees?) I will also be moving some of the posts here to 'The Way Forward' topic where we asked for ideas on the site management - when I am back home from a trip to the seaside with the grandchildren