Censoring

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Censoring

#121 Post by om15 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:24 am

Why does TGG warrant repeated admonishments but with no further action taken.
Still haven't an answer, can anyone shed a light on why this might be?

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#122 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:13 pm

I am trying to find the balance between the understanding to have a flat field for everybody and no special favours with the understanding we are to take care our own behaviour rather than complaining about other users.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#123 Post by Dushan » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:20 pm

Alisoncc wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:24 pm
admin2 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:44 pm
Dushan - forgive what you call a 'left tactic' (I call it 'clarifying a point') but you said "The point is that AirborneAircrew and 500N were sent to the oubliette, never to be allowed back again, for saying the exact same thing." Now you say it was to do with firearms, not "the exact same thing"? So, are you now saying that TGG was advocating the same or not?

As I said, I think you need to take this question of aged banning up with Alison as I am finding your point quite confusing - she will probably be able to give you an answer as I was not 'in the loop' on this, but I question the value in so doing?
It was nothing to do with firearms. A small group were having a heated discussion as to the most preferred way of delivering phosphorous grenades to mosques. As the site is based in Australia and as I am the "beneficial owner" resident in Australia, Australian laws are applicable with regards to such postings. I requested they all withdraw their comments, most did so, excepting AA and 500N, who chose not to.

Incidentally I actually closed the site down for a few days, whilst awaiting responses to individual emails. If sufficient hadn't responded it would have stayed closed.

Alison

Except that they were spewing nonsense that same way TTG is. It's just internet keyboard warriors talking trash, nobody was delivering grenades to mosques just like nobody is looking for any Russians to kill just because TTG says so.

But the fact is that their, and my, philosophy on firearms use and ownership irks people here and this was a convenient way to eliminate them. You will not convince me otherwise.

Grandstanding and saying that the site had to be closed down because of that is laughable. Do you honestly think that anyone other than the 2 dozen of us ever go here? There is a helluva lot worse stuff on the internet that nobody cares about.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#124 Post by Dushan » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:23 pm

admin2 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:44 pm
Dushan - forgive what you call a 'left tactic' (I call it 'clarifying a point') but you said "The point is that AirborneAircrew and 500N were sent to the oubliette, never to be allowed back again, for saying the exact same thing." Now you say it was to do with firearms, not "the exact same thing"? So, are you now saying that TGG was advocating the same or not?

I am saying that AA and 500N were saying kill so, and so, just like TTG is saying kill Russians. Except that nobody was going to kill anyone. But they were banned and TTG's post was there and wouldn't have been touched had I not pointed it out. So different rules for different people. The ones who like firearms get banned the ones who are drunk get a pass.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#125 Post by EA01 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:27 am

What an interesting 'read in' this has been..... :/

admin2
Capt
Capt

#126 Post by admin2 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:35 am

Dushan wrote:TTG's post was there and wouldn't have been touched had I not pointed it out.
Not correct. The post in question occurred in the evening UK (my) time. When I visited the site the next morning I saw it, and your post. I do not sit 24/7 in front of the O-N screen.

As someone who has a better insight into the running of O-N than all others due to your previous moderation role, you should know that you should have primarily used the 'Report post' function rather than just having a bleat in a post about it.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#127 Post by om15 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:02 am

Dushan makes a valid point, he is questioning why one member can make drunken posts, often obscene and sometimes containing personal attacks, without any form of suspension or banning, whilst those that are only guilty of mild eccentricities are banned.
The moderation on this site has become heavy handed and is demonstrably not impartial, the problem that required to be addressed hasn't been, and problems that don't exist have been.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#128 Post by admin2 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:37 am

om - you have a grasp of the in-essentials which exceeds all expectations. You are doing a 'chicken-licken' about the predictable 'ripples' and the 'hordes' that have 'left' since Feb 27(??) and are totally ignoring the question of why probably over 200 had quit previously.

Why not direct your palpable anxieties in that direction? Do you have any idea why, that we could usefully look at, or are you more intent on focussing on unimportant stuff?

Incidentally,
those that are only guilty of mild eccentricities are banned.
was one and is now not one more than the number before Feb 27.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#129 Post by om15 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:26 am

nd are totally ignoring the question of why probably over 200 had quit previously.
No I addressed that, if you read back through the forum I have on several occasions mentioned my distaste for drunken and abusive postings, and have always maintained that members conduct should be suitable for the fair sex, unfortunately it wasn't and still isn't.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#130 Post by admin2 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:41 am

That's a relief. I will anticipate seeing your reports of posts that offend. Any current ones?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#131 Post by Dushan » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:00 pm

admin2 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:35 am
Dushan wrote:TTG's post was there and wouldn't have been touched had I not pointed it out.
Not correct. The post in question occurred in the evening UK (my) time. When I visited the site the next morning I saw it, and your post. I do not sit 24/7 in front of the O-N screen.

As someone who has a better insight into the running of O-N than all others due to your previous moderation role, you should know that you should have primarily used the 'Report post' function rather than just having a bleat in a post about it.
Still missing the point…

At no time did I, nor do I now, object to TTG’s post about Russians. There was no need to report by using the button. It was harmless, as all posts are. I was simply pointing out that it was not being addressed (as correctly, it shouldn’t have been) and was only addressed because of me pointing it out. (“… I saw it, and your post”), while AA’s and 500N’s posts, of similar type, were cause for capital punishment (not by you, but nevertheless).

admin2
Capt
Capt

#132 Post by admin2 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:20 pm

Dushan - I am quitting this particular discussion as it seems to be going around in circles. You said
TTG's post was there and wouldn't have been touched had I not pointed it out.
That was not true.

I regret I cannot understand that your last paragraph
At no time did I, nor do I now, object to TTG’s post about Russians. There was no need to report by using the button. It was harmless, as all posts are. I was simply pointing out that it was not being addressed (as correctly, it shouldn’t have been) and was only addressed because of me pointing it out. (“… I saw it, and your post”), while AA’s and 500N’s posts, of similar type, were cause for capital punishment (not by you, but nevertheless).
How on earth did you know at 7:33 on 21st April that it was 'not being addressed (as correctly, it shouldn’t have been)'? Whatever that means.

I'll just happily settle for 'missing your point' - OK?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#133 Post by Dushan » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:45 pm

Perfect, let’s just pretend we “don’t understand each other”. Just sorry I got Caco in trouble, it seems. Wasn’t my intention. Was only trying to point out the hypocrisy of the moderation method but that’s, obviously, being twisted into something else.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#134 Post by om15 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:02 pm

and are totally ignoring the question of why probably over 200 had quit previously.
I think that you will find that I was concerned about the decline of the forum quite some time ago, two years ago I wrote this post and your response to the problem appears to be one of complete indifference, perhaps if you had made more of an effort then the 200 former members may not have left.
Screenshot 2022-04-23 175756.png
I wrote
I don't feel strongly about it, it is just an observation brought about by the comments of others. My point is that this used to be a lively and amusing forum that has turned into drab drunken posts that make little sense, because of that the forum will continue to lose contributors.
If you are happy with that no problem.

boac wrote
I don't feel strongly about it

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#135 Post by barkingmad » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:03 pm

"In total there are 27 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 142 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:15 pm" a figure consistantly quoted in 'Station Routine Orders' for quite some time now.

Would it be possible to extract and publish here the spot figures for users, for say once per month, since this magical figure was promulgated soooooh long ago?

Then we might observe a timeline for the shrinkage in activity and/or visits to O-N by the unregistered visitors.

Then we might see if and when an event or events occurred which gave rise to the apparent reduction in postings.

Then perhaps the Admins various might be able to offer an explanation for the apparent reduction in contributions?

'Your task, should you choose to accept it...' :-w :-? :(

But as "boac wrote, I don't feel strongly about it", so maybe "Full many a gem of purest ray serene The dark unfathom'd caves of ocean bear: Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, And waste its sweetness on the desert air." with my fulsome apologies to the Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard by Thomas Gray - Poems...

Admin2: Very good of you to volunteer for this. If you need help let me know. It is quite straightforward but time-consuming. We have discussed this already and the consensus was not to bother, but since you have volunteered?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#136 Post by Dushan » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:51 pm

Just had communication from Fox3.
He says he backed out as he didn't like how the site was being run.

Take that as you wish. It could mean a lot of things.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#137 Post by Boac » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:04 pm

Maybe he will return?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#138 Post by Dushan » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:05 pm

He says he won't.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#139 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:46 pm

Our loss.

PP

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#140 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:32 pm

So what does Fox3 do instead of coming here?