Censoring

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Censoring

#201 Post by 1DC » Tue May 03, 2022 4:27 pm

This censoring malarky is only necessary because a few people make it so, reading the thread over the last week or so, you could even think rule breaking is deliberate. Seems to me it is time to accept the facts and stop wasting the moderators time. There is very little accidental rule breaking, every member knows the rules so lets abide by them it is easy enough to do.

ribrash

#202 Post by ribrash » Tue May 03, 2022 6:01 pm

1DC wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:27 pm
This censoring malarky is only necessary because a few people make it so, reading the thread over the last week or so, you could even think rule breaking is deliberate. Seems to me it is time to accept the facts and stop wasting the moderators time. There is very little accidental rule breaking, every member knows the rules so lets abide by them it is easy enough to do.
It is the extremely clever and intelligent folks who dominate this site that think it is clever to use weird spellings of swear words thinking they can get away with it. You would not give them the time of day in the real world.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#203 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue May 03, 2022 7:15 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:31 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm
Whatever we do here, we have to work with the gaffer to "wake" this place up...

And if anybody mentions "woke" they will be beaten (like the Russians) to death!

;)))
There he goes attacking the Slavs, again!

Joking, joking, jooooooking!

Don’t punish him, he meant no real harm…
;)))

Best

Mike (TGG)
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#204 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue May 03, 2022 7:21 pm

For the record, my maternal grandfather was Russian. They are an odd bunch, which probably explains a lot about me, and why my mom called my sister Anastasia! ;)))

If I outraged any Slavs here I say, adopt a British sense of humour and it will all turn out alright.

TGG
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#205 Post by Dushan » Tue May 03, 2022 7:32 pm

Nah, you can't adopt a British sense of humour if you're a Slav. Especially not if you're a Southern Slav. 500 years of living under Turkish occupation teaches you a few things about hate, vengeance, and other non-humorous stuff.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#206 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue May 03, 2022 8:43 pm

Dushan wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:32 pm
Nah, you can't adopt a British sense of humour if you're a Slav. Especially not if you're a Southern Slav. 500 years of living under Turkish occupation teaches you a few things about hate, vengeance, and other non-humorous stuff.
It is not at all humorous as we both, at least, know!

My original comment about killing people was really about war. I take no pleasure in the truth of it.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#207 Post by Dushan » Tue May 03, 2022 9:48 pm

Your original comment was harmless, as were comments made by AA and 500N, many moons ago. But some people, although being British, have no sense of humor and take themselves waaaaay too seriously.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#208 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue May 03, 2022 10:00 pm

Dushan, you are in the right of it.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#209 Post by barkingmad » Mon May 09, 2022 8:05 am

Thought for the week on this thread;

““If you believe in science, meditation, reasoning, analysis, empiricism, exploration, discovery, discussion, perspective-taking, open-mindedness, fair-mindedness, broad-mindedness, acceptance, awareness, intelligence, tolerance, receptivity, understanding, the free exchange of ideas, that more information and experimentation is better, justice, or truth, then you must believe in the value that all these values depend upon: freedom of speech.”

:-\

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#210 Post by Boac » Mon May 09, 2022 8:43 am

Fine words, Sir, that you should be proud of. I didn't know you were gifted in that way.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#211 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 10, 2022 8:02 am

Boac wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 8:43 am
Fine words, Sir, that you should be proud of. I didn't know you were gifted in that way.
Thanks for the compliment but I wish I was sooh articulate and sentient and wise and philosophical and truly brilliant.

Alas I’m not, just found the quote pinned to the noticeboard in the Branch Covidian HQ.

But I’m relieved you believe they are fine words and may be expressed by more sensible actions in the field of the thread topic? :-?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#212 Post by Boac » Tue May 10, 2022 8:05 am

There is no restriction on free speech here, other than the rules you agreed to.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#213 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 10, 2022 8:39 am

Boac wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:05 am
There is no restriction on free speech here, other than the rules you agreed to.
Did I state otherwise?

But it would help when the O-N censor’s axe descends on the neck of offenders here if some indication was given as to how which particular rule was broken?

I detect in these pages some puzzlement expressed by others as to why a specific post or phrase attracted such censure, so I am not the only member baffled by some of the recent admin actions. B-)

admin2
Capt
Capt

#214 Post by admin2 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:46 am

I think many sentient beings might interpret
more sensible actions in the field of the thread topic? :-?
as such.
I detect in these pages some puzzlement expressed by others
Please copy these puzzlements to me.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#215 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 10, 2022 9:08 am

admin2 sez:-“Please copy these puzzlements to me.”

A cursory glance through the posts in this thread will suffice.

And maybe some other O-N members might like to emerge from the shadows and make their opinions more obvious, though I understand the reluctance so to do, bearing in mind the recent exchanges and the ever present threat of the red pen treatment. ~X(

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#216 Post by OFSO » Tue May 10, 2022 4:07 pm

I was musing today - and finding no answer - why it is that normal persons* who on the face of it, appear completely rational and sane, when faced with propositions from qualified and competent experts as opposed to those from lunatic supporters of unproven and unbalanced theories, should chose the latter. There must be something in the vast pool of untruths which has an attraction for otherwise rational people.

*For obvious reasons this excludes persons living on the US West Coast, the East Coast, near the US frontiers with Canada and Mexico, or in the cities of the US mid-west and mid-east and Great Plains, unless they breed Leonbergers.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#217 Post by Dushan » Wed May 11, 2022 12:03 am

barkingmad wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:39 am

But it would help when the O-N censor’s axe descends on the neck of offenders here if some indication was given as to how which particular rule was broken?
Don’t be silly, BM. If they told you what you did wrong then you would know, next time, and they wouldn’t be able to censor you.

You should read Kafka, and Joseph Heller.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#218 Post by admin2 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:55 am

Dushan - do you mean warnings and bannings EXTRA to those imposed by Alison? You would need to be pretty thick (or stubborn) not to understand.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#219 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 11, 2022 7:59 am

admin2 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:55 am
Dushan - do you mean warnings and bannings EXTRA to those imposed by Alison? You would need to be pretty thick (or stubborn) not to understand.
C’est moi, monsieur!!

Though I will quibble with the “thick” allegation but, yeah, I AM stubborn! :)) =))

But the obsession with posts in the “wrong” thread has me baffled.

Long before he of the red pen took the helm I frequently detected serious thread drift and requested that posts be moved to the correct destination but neither answer nor action was observed.

Having had several of my posts excised and relocated, gawd knows where, I now ponder the new enthusiasm for verbally spanking O-N members over what is essentially trivia.

Too much reading of “50 Shades of Grey” can stimulate such an appetite, so I am told, never having perused that volume... :-?

admin2
Capt
Capt

#220 Post by admin2 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:27 am

But the obsession with posts in the “wrong” thread has me baffled.

Long before he of the red pen took the helm I frequently detected serious thread drift and requested that posts be moved to the correct destination but neither answer nor action was observed.
Please clarify - you are saying you were obsessed with that? You should now be pleased it is happening.
gawd knows where
Without wishing to repeat allegations of stupidity, most intelligent folk would look for a post in the relevant topic, surely?
50 Shades of Grey
I don't believe she has published it yet?