Chaos in North Korea

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in North Korea

#41 Post by llondel » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:36 pm

Assuming this is a reference to the Trident thing, I saw an interesting take on it that pointed out that the RN were highly competent because the missile was successfully launched from the sub and it was someone else's part that failed.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by Boac » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 pm

Trouble is, llondel, from a world perspective it was a failed launch and that is all that really matters, just as all the NK 'flops' and 'non-flops' matter.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by llondel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:39 pm

Alan Titchmarsh gains street cred!
North Korea's state television channel has censored a BBC gardening programme - by blurring out presenter Alan Titchmarsh's trousers.

Central TV aired a 2010 edition of Alan Titchmarsh's Garden Secrets for its morning audience, but made sure that viewers could not see his jeans.

Jeans are seen as a symbol of western imperialism in the secretive state and as such are banned.

Mr Titchmarsh said the news has given him "a bit of street cred."

"It's taken me to reach the age of 74 to be regarded in the same sort of breath as Elvis Presley, Tom Jones, Rod Stewart. You know wearing trousers that are generally considered by those of us of a sensitive disposition to be rather too tight", he told the BBC.

He then went on to say that his jeans were not too tight, but were clearly not acceptable in North Korea.

He said: "I've never seen myself as a dangerous subversive imperialist I'm generally regarded as rather cosy and pretty harmless so actually it's given me a bit of street cred really hasn't it."
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68664644