A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Phewins
PPL
PPL

Early cracks appearing.

#1 Post by Phewins » Wed May 18, 2022 4:47 am

Putin's wall starting to crack :D
Retired colonel speaks out on Russian TV
It was an extraordinary piece of television.

The programme was 60 Minutes, the flagship twice-daily talk show on Russian state TV: studio discussion that promotes the Kremlin line on absolutely everything, including on President Putin's so-called "special military operation" in Ukraine.

The Kremlin still maintains that the Russian offensive is going according to plan.

But on Monday night, studio guest Mikhail Khodarenok, a military analyst and retired colonel, painted a very different picture.

He warned that "the situation [for Russia] will clearly get worse" as Ukraine receives additional military assistance from the West and that "the Ukrainian army can arm a million people
".
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61484222

Phil

admin2
Capt
Capt
Re: Early cracks appearing.

#2 Post by admin2 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:55 am

ADMIN2: Prospector - your post is off-topic and has been moved to join your other on the Ukraine thread. If you would like a new topic on the financial involvement of arms manufacturers in wars then I would be happy to create one for you if you suggest a topic title. Please contact me by PM.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 18, 2022 11:14 am

Phewins, I see by your posting history that you have not dared to contribute much to the 'chat'.

From one of our more prolific members here, Pontius Navigator, posted on 01 Aug 2020, this statement had better be treated with caution;

"Welcome to the mad house. Feel free to post wherever you like regardless of thread title as soon or later someone else will follow you."

Do NOT follow this advice as posting in the wrong thread is tantamount to a capital offence and will result in your contribution being shuffled off to an unknown destination by the wielder of the red pen.

However, TWORP has in this case advised the latest perpetrator as to the destination of their post, so there is some logic oozing out.

But be advised, the halcyon days of Aug 2020 and before are long since consigned to the dirty dustbin of history-a browse though the "Censoring" thread should keep you on the straight & narrow.

If you wish, PM me with contact details and I will buy you a libation or several the next time I am in my kennel near Gatport Airwick... :O3

Admin2: Well done, BM. You are like a little kid who had dropped his ice-lolly on the sand and it is everyone else's fault. That post qualifies as an attack on a member so have a week off to clean off your lolly. (by popular request, I should add)

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#4 Post by Dushan » Wed May 18, 2022 2:19 pm

Just so that I am clear who, exactly, did BM attack? Seems to me that all he did is quote PN's post, or part thereof.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".