Chief Pilot

Had it coming to you....clown!

#1 Post by EA01 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:02 pm

bob2s
Capt
Capt

Re: Had it coming to you....clown!

#2 Post by bob2s » Sat May 21, 2022 11:46 pm

EA01,I will give it time for the Labor mob and the Teals to settle in to see if they are any better than the ones that were kicked out,to tell you the truth,Labors
previou leaning towards China does not bode well,but time will tell.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun May 22, 2022 11:39 am

I give Labor about twelve to eighteen months before the Independents (Teals) start fighting amongst themselves; Labor to run up Deficits that make the previous ones created by the Libs look like the finest examples of Financial rectitude; The Greens to propose Legislation that would utterly destroy the Economy, but all in the name of 'saving the Planet', and the more radical Unions pulling a seemingly never ending series of demands for higher wages, backed by more strikes than seen in the last 10 years.

Oh, and Interest rates, inflation and unemployment all head skyward!

I'd love to be proved wrong but.......
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by EA01 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 am

Methinks you are probablr right Pinky....but interest rates & inflation were rising before the election, and really we were heading into a recession after years of LNP, until Covid came along & 'saved them'.

Everyone knows Mark McGowan is immensly popular in the West & Scomo came out and called them cave people??...How stupid....

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Hydromet » Mon May 23, 2022 8:01 am

I've always said that you won't have a good government without a good opposition, and in recent years, we've had neither. Now the roles have changed, but I suspect the qualities of government and opposition haven't. I was pleased to see the Lib/Nats kicked out, but what happens next depends very much on the cross bench.

I hope the Greens have learned that you can't just dig your heels in and demand what you want. Had they negotiated with Gillard on climate change, they may have got most of what they wanted, and not had to eventually contend with Abbot.
The so-called Teal independents may be better able to negotiate - I hope so, anyway.

The most ludicrous suggestions I've heard are from Eric Abetz, Peta Credlin and Andrew Bolt, Who are saying that the Libs have moved too far to the left, and need to move back to the right. What looney tunes planet are these people living on?

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by EA01 » Mon May 23, 2022 9:05 am

Hydro, I've been reading the comments in the papers too & shaking my head at these people saying the leftist media are to blame....Ruperts Network?, Channel 9, now run by Howards old treasurer Peter Costello??....What are these people on about??

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Hydromet » Mon May 23, 2022 9:53 am

EA01 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:05 am
Hydro, I've been reading the comments in the papers too & shaking my head at these people saying the leftist media are to blame....Ruperts Network?, Channel 9, now run by Howards old treasurer Peter Costello??....What are these people on about??
Heard a funny comment today. Apparently, 'they' estimate Clive Palmer spent about $180 per first preference vote for the UAP. The Marijuana Party spent $0.10 per vote.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue May 24, 2022 10:40 am

I hope the Greens have learned that you can't just dig your heels in and demand what you want.
I severely doubt that the Greens will ever learn any such thing, simply because like all from the looney left, they have a sneering, condescending attitude to any view that does not correspond with those held by them!

Only they know the truth! Only they can save the Planet! etc etc.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.