Roe vs Wade?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Roe vs Wade?

#61 Post by Alisoncc » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:25 am

A pregnant woman got a ticket for driving in the HOV lane in Texas. She says her fetus was her passenger. :-bd

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/11/us/p ... index.html

HOV = High Occupancy Vehicle. Reserved lane for cars with more than one occupant.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#62 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:51 am

They want to have it both ways.

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#63 Post by llondel » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:10 am

The 10 yr old victim story is still rolling. Seems some elected officials are more interested in smearing reputations and making threats than doing the right thing.
INDIANAPOLIS — After Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita threatened to go after the license of an Indiana physician who provided an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim from Ohio, documents obtained by FOX59 through a public record request proved the physician not only filed a terminated pregnancy report but filed the report within the required timeframe.
https://fox59.com/indiana-news/abortion ... stigation/

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#64 Post by boing » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:28 pm

And it now turns out that an abortion would have been legal under Ohio law, the abortion was carried out by a pill which could have been used under Ohio law without travelling out of state, the rapist was 27 not 17 as reported, the mother is an immigrant of unknown status, the rapist is an illegal immigrant and the mother seems quite happy with the rapist exploiting her child except that she got pregnant.

This whole event uncovered a whole mess of wrongs and it would all have been covered over without the controversy generated.
Mom of 10-year-old Ohio girl who got abortion defends child’s rapist
https://nypost.com/2022/07/15/mom-of-10 ... ds-rapist/

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#65 Post by llondel » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:06 pm

I predict that social services will be getting involved if they aren't already.

I suspect that Ohio law is unclear about use of a pill, given the emphasis on six weeks, which is why no doctor in the state wanted to take a risk of getting it wrong.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#66 Post by boing » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am

I think you are right.

What mystified me was the dramatic announcement followed by sudden silence. Now I understand. The pro-abortion crowd wanted a poster-child case which was given to them, it was only later when they learned the facts that they realised an illegal alien was involved. The lesser of two evils, protect the illegal alien and lose the abortion publicity or use the abortion publicity and watch it also being used against illegal aliens. Everything was OK until the nosy part of the media began to ask for proof of the original story then the truth came out.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#67 Post by llondel » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:08 am

Who did it is irrelevant to the effect of the law on the victim, and if you think that it's an isolated case then I suspect you're misinformed, it's merely the first one to be reported after the anti-abortion laws came into effect. If it was an illegal alien then convict him, let him serve his sentence and then deport him, that part of the law is fairly settled and I believe the US does tend to kick such people out once they've served their sentence.

What is noticeable is all the politicians who said it never happened and surely the police would leave no stone unturned to catch the perp so if he hasn't been caught by now, clearly he doesn't exist and the whole thing is fake. Except the police did produce a suspect and there was an excess of egg on faces.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#68 Post by boing » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:22 pm

You only have to listen to the first 40 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX5DK5T305c

Abortions restrictions equal government control of our bodies -------- bad.
Mandatory vaccination -------- good.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#69 Post by EA01 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:04 am

From the outside world of course we shake our head at the demonisation of terminated pregnancies yet the violent slaughter of sentient human beings is not acceptable BUT it is accepted if the right to bear those arms is infringed upon....I know the shooters have mostly procured the guns illegally...but thatr just shows how easy it is to obtain those weapons...

Anyway, leave you to it! :)

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#70 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:27 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#71 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:48 am

At some point, and I expect it to be less than 3 years, the average voter is going to realise that their government is not just incompetent, but dangerously incompetent.
PC is not just killing a few people, but a lot. The Monkeypox response is a prime example.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#72 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:10 am