Chaos in Iran

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Iran

#21 Post by llondel » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:38 pm

That can backfire on the regime very quickly. If you've got people annoyed enough to protest despite knowing they're likely to receive a death sentence if arrested, you're just setting it up for people to violently resist arrest because they know they've got nothing to lose at that point.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:16 pm

Precisely.
I think that's why the Iranian MPs didn't condemn them all to Death, contrary to the idiot comments that are coming from many, including my own idiot Prime Minister.
However, I think the Iranian regime is stuck with both its decision to recruit a bunch of violent thugs as its enforcers, and a theology that thinks the Death sentence is a perfectly routine thing.
I do not know how this will go, but I suspect it will take more subtlety than the Iranian regime possesses to find a way out of it without a lot more bloodshed, on both sides.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by barkingmad » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:30 pm

And now we go over to our correspondent who actually is Iranian and just might know what’s going on behind the hijab hell blackout curtain;

It must be true as it’s YouTrube as opposed to those dark and dirty rabbit holes into which yours truly pokes his nose seeking alternative sources of *knowledge*.

*-.-.-.* As opposed to “male cattle manure and conspiracy theories” which allegedly are my normal currency...?

And this YT snippet is brought to you by GBNews, of which more comments in - - - -

Maybe some here might like to review and modify their disparaging comments on that new channel but that might be just a bridge too far for those who’ve been proven wrong. ~X(

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:59 am

Looks like kick-off time in Iran.
Assorted explosions all over the country.
Rumour control is that the Israelis have launched drone strikes on Iranian ammunition factories and other military facilities.
Iranian opposition have advised everyone not to be anywhere near military facilities. Unknown whether some of the explosions were down to them.
And, for bonus points, there was an earthquake in the NW of the country.
Actually, there have been several earth shakings reported, some of which may have been ammo factories going off.

If it is the Israelis, then it's probably retribution for the recent terrorist shootings in Jerusalem.

It would appear the factory that makes drones for Russia has also been hit. What a coincidence!

A bit more here
https://apnews.com/article/iran-governm ... ccc1c963ad

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:11 pm

No idea if this is accurate, but this tweeter is usually right.