Politicans could all do with a lesson.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
bob2s
Capt
Capt

Politicans could all do with a lesson.

#1 Post by bob2s » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:21 am

While bumbling around utoob I came across this, shame Kerry Packer has passed. I enjoy seeing him put it up the smug pollies.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Politicans could all do with a lesson.

#2 Post by barkingmad » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:55 pm

Brilliant vid, bob2s, what a shame our so-called journalists in the Western World weren't as critical and effective in demolishing the politicos as was K P?!

I have for some time had my own thoughts as to how to give politicians a lesson, particularly 'pour encourager les autres'.

It goes something like this;

And it fulfils the criteria of being carbon-neutral, zero-pollution, totally painless and capable of rapid throughput...

But please don't tell anybody, the new design is commercially sensitive. =))

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:37 am

I had a day off on the day that Kerry Packer appeared in that enquiry and watched the whole thing.

The way he dealt with those Pollies was pure entertainment! :-bd :-bd

I still remember the look of sheer terror upon the face of a certain Female Polly when KP got stuck into her for revealing a confidential and controversial bit of information.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:27 am

Is lesson the right word?
Do the Spanish Inquisition do Lessons?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by barkingmad » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:46 am

Here is the authentic policy of the Spanish Inquisition as depicted by those seditious rebels in the UK’s former BBC;

“Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope... Our four... no... Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as fear, surprise... I'll come in again.”

That’s for those here who can’t/won’t watch videos nor podcasts, great to see in print.

For devotees of the genre (ghastly word!) here is the full script, so scroll down and imagine how the scenario might be updated to the post ‘plague’ world in which we find ourselves, sadder and hopefully wiser;

https://genius.com/Monty-python-the-spa ... -annotated

Nominations of your least favourite politicos to be given even harsher treatment will be gratefully accepted on any size of written medium from a grain of rice (not brown-it makes the reading difficult!) up to A3 page size but please keep the language clean, otherwise the algorithm will censor your submission... ~X(

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:01 pm

Aaaah, nostalgia for the old days isn't what it used to be;

:---"Liz Truss tops the list of PMs ‘who left Britain worse off’

Nearly three-quarters of adults believe Liz Truss changed the country for the worse during her brief, chaotic time in office, according to a new poll.

The Ipsos survey for the Standard found 72 per cent held this critical view about her administration.

She resigned after 45 days with the country in economic meltdown following her chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng’s September 2022 mini budget.

Only a tiny five per cent think she improved things, the sole recent premier to fail to get into double figures.

For four other Prime Ministers, Boris Johnson, Theresa May, David Cameron and Gordon Brown, more people say they left the country in a worse state on leaving Downing Street than when they walked through the door of No 10, than believe they improved things.

Margaret Thatcher scores highest on this question, with 46 per cent saying she changed Britain for the better and 37 per cent for the worse.

She is followed by Sir Tony Blair on 42 per cent to 36 per cent respectively, despite the Iraq War. Sir John Major, who was at the helm on Black Wednesday when Britain pulled out of the European exchange rate mechanism in 1992, is also in positive territory, by 26 per cent to 19 per cent.

But for Mr Johnson, 62 per cent say he changed things for the worse and 25 per cent for the better. Ms May, who failed to get Brexit through the Commons, also gets a poor rating of 49/21 (worse/better), while Mr Cameron, who held the referendum on Brexit, was on 45/29, and Mr Brown on 33/28.

Hopes are not high for Rishi Sunak, with 38 per cent believing he will have left Britain in a worse state than when he become PM last October, and 24 per cent in a better position by the next election.

Gideon Skinner, of Ipsos UK, said: “Rishi Sunak’s two predecessors continue to cast a shadow with most Britons judging them to have changed the country for the worse over their tenure — especially Liz Truss, who is the only premier for whom a majority of their own supporters are also critical.

“But it’s also notable that none of the Prime Ministers who have been in power since the financial crash, from Gordon Brown onwards, receive a net positive rating.”

Ipsos interviewed 1,065 adults in Britain by phone between July 19 and 23. Data weighted".---:

I wonder will I be alive and compos mentis enough to read and appreciate the retrospective at our incumbent Rushid Sunuk (copyright for that one is Sleepy Joe Biden, POTUS)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by OFSO » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:35 am

Very interesting.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:52 pm

Here is one politician who could do with a lesson, so I invite the members of O-N to submit their suggestions, submitted on any media from rice grain to full-blown documentary;

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/matt-hancock ... 02978.html

From the comments; “He needs an intervention,” commented one person.

Would that be a pharmaceutical intervention such as Midazolam by any chance? :))