A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Message encryption on social media

#21 Post by OneHungLow » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:36 pm

John Hill wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:16 pm
The on-line world should not be considered a private space.
You may be right, but that's a big problem dude!
The observer of fools in military south and north...

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by boing » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:08 pm

John,

Some people probably feel validated because 10,000 people liked the last stupid picture they uploaded, some people love receiving sales messages from Alexa because it makes them feel important. I don't. Even now I receive at least twenty times as many non-requested e-mails as valid ones. It seems everyone sells your data, even my doctor's office set me up with an on-line prescription service I did not authorise rather than using my local convenient pharmacy that I have used for ten years. I suppose they get a kick-back. Now I get numerous promises for great deals on stuff I never intend using and the whole world knows I am having treatment for something that could effect medical insurance rates in the future. Gee thanks.

If you want to hang out your washing for everyone to see then good luck. I don't, it's not that I have anything to hide it is simply that I do not want my private information shared even if you don't care about yours.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by John Hill » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:41 pm

I/we hang the laundry on a line in the back yard which is considered a private space.

Quite a number of people make an exhibition of themselves at the beach, on the street and various other public spaces. If I had teenagers who wanted to exhibit themselves there I would attempt to guide them in the activity.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by OneHungLow » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:42 pm

John Hill wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:41 pm
I/we hang the laundry on a line in the back yard which is considered a private space.

Quite a number of people make an exhibition of themselves at the beach, on the street and various other public spaces. If I had teenagers who wanted to exhibit themselves there I would attempt to guide them in the activity.
John, if I thought you were an idiot, I would patronize you on this, but you are not!
The observer of fools in military south and north...