Iran issuing threats.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Iran issuing threats.

#1 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Things could get tricky. Hezbollah, Irans proxy, could easily kick-off their end.
Iran has issued a chilling warning to the United States that Israel's war with Hamas could 'spiral out of control' if they do not 'immediately' cease strikes on Gaza - as the Israeli government warned it would target Tehran if Hezbollah escalates the conflict.

'I warn the US and its proxy (Israel) that if they do not immediately stop the crime against humanity and genocide in Gaza, anything is possible at any moment and the region will go out of control,' Iran's foreign minister said today.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Iran issuing threats.

#2 Post by Boac » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:56 pm

A timely warning the US (and the UK) and Israel should take note of.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by tango15 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:11 pm

Alisoncc wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:42 pm
Things could get tricky. Hezbollah, Irans proxy, could easily kick-off their end.
Iran has issued a chilling warning to the United States that Israel's war with Hamas could 'spiral out of control' if they do not 'immediately' cease strikes on Gaza - as the Israeli government warned it would target Tehran if Hezbollah escalates the conflict.

'I warn the US and its proxy (Israel) that if they do not immediately stop the crime against humanity and genocide in Gaza, anything is possible at any moment and the region will go out of control,' Iran's foreign minister said today.

I was wondering when that would happen. I imagine that deep in a bunker not too far from Tel Aviv, there are planners with large maps placing red rings around parts of Teheran and its environs, just in case. Quite what Tehran could do in terms of retaliation is a moot point. Iran, like Russia, has suffered from a lack of Western components to build missiles, owing to the embargo. Most of what has been produced recently will have been done with the aid of Russian technology, with all that implies. If they start loosing off weapons towards Israel and miss their target, as has happened in Ukraine, there is going to be a lot of trouble. Ukraine is a hell of a lot bigger than Israel, so the potential for a missile landing in a third country - Jordan, Syria, Egypt, or even Saudi, is enormous.

Israel will do what it wants, the US notwithstanding. They consider themselves capable of taking on any of their neighbours, with the possible exception of Saudi Arabia, but there is no conflict of interest there. Frankly, I don't think the prospect of an all-out war in the Middle East would stop them.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:22 pm

Israel has been terribly lax in its general defensive preps, which meant the Hamas attack had much worse consequences than it might have. The Israeli government is now primed to overreact in response.
HAMAS's terrorist attack is spectacularly stupid.
Iran's rhetoric is already stupid - they are backing themselves into a corner which is almost inevitable, as Israel has to launch a ground invasion of some sort.

So, with all parties already cornered, wounded, and angry, I am not optmistic about what happens in the next month or so.
Some form of Israeli attack on Iran seems to be on the cards after Hizbollah kicks off, and then the whole Sandpit shebang could go off the rails.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by Dushan » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:46 pm

There is no such thing as "overreact" when it comes to Islamic terrorists. Time to make Ghaza and Tehran a glass parking lot.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by boing » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:21 pm

Surely someone knows exactly where every Iranian weapons research and production facility is located. Level these first. Then flatten Bandar Abbas airbase and work up the gulf coast from there.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by John Hill » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:26 pm

boing wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:21 pm
Surely someone knows exactly where every Iranian weapons research and production facility is located. Level these first.
Yea, like they knew where Saddam's WMDs were.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:01 pm

They knew where they were - nowhere.
But they didn't tell us that!

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by John Hill » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:25 pm

Surely people have forgotten and the same playbook can be used again?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:54 pm

I'm sure a lot of people have

...and don't call me Shirley!

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by boing » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:39 am

Iran is in big trouble if they upset the West. All ports blockaded, oil pipelines shut-off, technical and military facilities destroyed. Every bit of Iran is within range of US cruise missiles fired at sea and every facility they operate is known. Iran is bluffing against four aces and they know it but they will still do something stupid by dragging other countries into their defense.

North Korea and Iran both need to be leveled but then John would have no one left to cheer for.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by John Hill » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:51 am

That sounds impressive. Now then, which country was it you last invaded?

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by boing » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:20 am

No need for an invasion John. Invasions are for when you want things left intact such as oil wells.

Taking people back to the stone age because they were about to attempt to destroy your chosen way of life can be done these days with so much more precision and less fuss. I am all for nations wrestling for equality in the world but when the call is for Jihad or similar total destruction of my chosen way of life or nationality the gloves are off. Save the tears for the innocent, there are no innocents, kill them all and let Allah or whoever pardon the innocent. Our opponents are quite prepared to judge guilt based on the passport a person holds, so be it.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by John Hill » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:51 am

There were not many oil wells in Afghanistan so you must have had another reason for that little adventure. A lot of innocent people got killed but I guess you could say it all worked out well in the end, by your standards anyway.