Undead Cat

Pets of all persuasions.
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Undead Cat

#1 Post by OFSO » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:40 am

When the Magnificent Buster Cat came to us in the 1990s I built a stout wooden house for him to sit in at the head of the studio steps. Buster died in 2010 and a few other cats have used the house but not for years. This morning, investigating a foul stench from the house, I looked inside and saw right at the back a grey and white cat, bolt upright and unmoving. No response. Assuming it was dead I decided to remove the Buster house with contents and dump it. As I started to unfasten it, watched by Madame OFSO, suddenly the cat did a Lazerus and sprang out of the house and ran out of the gate. From the appalling smell it may have gone in there to die but it sure as heck moved fast. Scared us both to death. I've now moved the house to the upper ravine where cats can use it if they wish....

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Undead Cat

#2 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:39 pm

Hopefully, it was only one of its lives.

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:52 am

OFSO wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:40 am
When the Magnificent Buster Cat came to us in the 1990s I built a stout wooden house for him to sit in at the head of the studio steps. Buster died in 2010 and a few other cats have used the house but not for years. This morning, investigating a foul stench from the house, I looked inside and saw right at the back a grey and white cat, bolt upright and unmoving. No response. Assuming it was dead I decided to remove the Buster house with contents and dump it. As I started to unfasten it, watched by Madame OFSO, suddenly the cat did a Lazerus and sprang out of the house and ran out of the gate. From the appalling smell it may have gone in there to die but it sure as heck moved fast. Scared us both to death. I've now moved the house to the upper ravine where cats can use it if they wish....
As the thread title implies, it was having a Schrödinger moment and your observation of it in a superposition of states, settled the question as to whether it was alive or dead.

Our two refugees are scheduled to arrive next Saturday. What have I wrought by accepting these two feline furballs as guests?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by OFSO » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:03 am

I notice this morning that since yesterday some idiot has taken the cat house from where I placed it, hidden in the trees, and thrown the cat house down into the ravine where I can't reach it. I assume it's the fool Frenchman from up the road.