There's 'hard' and there's 'hard'. :-)

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: There's 'hard' and there's 'hard'. :-)

#21 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:20 am

Ah yes, the Exeter microburst! It also well know that there is a permanent lenticular cloud over Exeter Cathedral and that CAT's and witches on brooms have been seen at low altitude too. They practises the old ways in those regions!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#22 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:28 am

llondel wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 pm
Could also have been a microburst. I know there's warning for such things now, but if you're unlucky enough to be right there as it forms, there's nothing you can do.
Don't suppose you are a lawyer are you llondel? If so I am sure that the captain would appreciate your assistance to maintain his pension.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by llondel » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:48 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:28 am
llondel wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 pm
Could also have been a microburst. I know there's warning for such things now, but if you're unlucky enough to be right there as it forms, there's nothing you can do.
Don't suppose you are a lawyer are you llondel? If so I am sure that the captain would appreciate your assistance to maintain his pension.
Not a lawyer, but I do try to look for all possible explanations and interpretations. Sometimes helps with the forgiveness v permission thing, too, if you can come up with a plausible interpretation of the rules that lets you do something.