Hush hush! Don't tell - reported Easyjet Incident

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Hush hush! Don't tell - reported Easyjet Incident

#21 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 am

OK so guess that we are not letting the Captain off then.

Not a very nice thing to say about the Italian ladies on the runway though.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Boac » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:23 am

Too many unknowns to 'sit in judgement' - maybe mis-reporting (unlikely for Simon), extended diversion routing etc etc, but the fact that it appears they were 'short' when they left NAP is a pointer.

Of course, it could have been a management pilot, in which case everything is alright.................. =))

Have you seen the women in Naples...?

MoreAviation

#23 Post by MoreAviation » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:18 am

Sorrento, not just the VOR-DME, is rather a nice place to visit, lurking as it does as the first port of call on the missed approach. Spent many a happy night there including in the grand hotel Capodimonte which is also a good place to stare rheumily across the Bay of Naples towards Capri or even at the scantily dressed (and generally very attractive) ladies lying by the pool and then at Vesuvius quietly, ominously, fulminating in the distance. The whole area around Naples is bound to end in tears but for the moment only the gap toothed whores on the roads around Naples airport seem to see the stark future so clearly as they ply their desperate and disreputable trade with sullen, resigned commitment.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Boac » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Indeed - a must-experience, too is the bus journey from Naples to Positano - I am convinced the twisting mountain-side road has been used in several movies - it is exciting. I sat 'up front' on the right and was hanging out over the sea on some corners :ymsick:

Had some great stop-overs in Naples and visited Sorrento and the lovely coast around there.