Mike Pence - 737 off runway incident...

More Aviation

Mike Pence - 737 off runway incident...

#1 Post by More Aviation » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:28 am

A plane carrying Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence skidded off a runway Thursday night as it landed at LaGuardia Airport in New York.
There were no reported injuries in the rough landing, which occurred on a rainy Thursday evening in the city.

The press pool in the back of the aircraft, a Boeing 737-700 chartered from Eastern Airlines that was painted with the campaign's logo, could feel the plane fishtailing as it touched down and sliding off the runway before coming to a very sharp halt in the grass off the side of the runway.

Once the plane came to a full stop, the Indiana governor walked to the back of the plane to check on the press. As everyone on board deplaned, Pence could be seen speaking with emergency responders.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/plane-carrying-pence-skids-off-runway/index.html

Photograph in the Daily Mail shows the aircraft just beyond the runway safety area with a ludicrous comment about the runway being "torn up"... What is shown "broken up" is the EMAS ...

Clearly a close call...

Engineered Materials Safety Area

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoN2PXkrY4w[/bbvideo]

MA

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Mike Pence - 737 off runway incident...

#2 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:07 am

The Trump campiagn just does not know when to stop.

More Aviation

#3 Post by More Aviation » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:34 am

Boac wrote:The Trump campiagn just does not know when to stop.

:)

Trump, whose campaign is on the slippery slope to destruction.

MA

fin
Capt
Capt

#4 Post by fin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Remind me again how many 'expert pundits' last year predicted he would be where he is?

Sorry for deviation from subject, but I didn't start it. For those interested in several pages of on topic discussion, including air traffic control tapes, google earth images of area and inevitable metars, there IS a place to look.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

More Aviation

#5 Post by More Aviation » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:25 pm

fin wrote:Remind me again how many 'expert pundits' last year predicted he would be where he is?

Sorry for deviation from subject, but I didn't start it. For those interested in several pages of on topic discussion, including air traffic control tapes, google earth images of area and inevitable metars, there IS a place to look.

Sit on your hands man, we are going to land, safely...

MA