Chief Pilot

Man chases Ryanair aircraft.

#1 Post by Ibbie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:17 am

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Man chases Ryanair aircraft.

#2 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:49 pm

I was a passenger on a Dan Dare 748, window seat on the Port side in line with the prop, waiting for departure from Dyce.

An idiot did exactly the same thing and ran straight into the prop disc. The red goo hitting my window sounded like a hail of shotgun pellets.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:58 pm

On an entirely different flight, but also from Dyce...

A Diesel Three charter flight to Sumburgh. We called the airline Squareways because of the window shape.

A minute or so after the hostie closed the door, there was a loud banging on the outside and a yelling of "Let me in ya bitch!".

"Fucck off and stay away from the propellor ya kunt" was her helpful reply in a very strong Weegie accent. "But it's me. Paddy" replied the Captain who'd just completed his walkaround.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Lol, we had this in Cyprus. A Regiment flight enroute UK-Masirah night stopped in Akrotiri and we right royally entertained the two very junior Regt officers. They missed the Belslow flight on the morrow. It was taxying when they went on to the apron begging to be let on board. The captain shook his head ☺. He eventually let them board.

There return from Masirah is another story 😈

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:59 pm

There return from Masirah is another story 😈

Looking forward to hear it. And to remain in the thread I saw it in a movie where a very popular comedian was chasing down on the apron an A300 of LH

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:35 pm

On the return flight the aircraft was overweight as it had a flight refuelling probe and had to reduce weight by 300 lbs.

Our heroes said they would not split the party and ordered the Sgt to have the whole flight get off. Then "You get the next flight; we will look after all the kit"

I imagine they got full credit for their command and leadership skills when they got home

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by probes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:03 am

:)
But, actually, it was a funny idea. I've seen a man trying to 'catch' a slowly departing ship, and even she (=ship) didn't go back the few meters, but an aircraft... :-?

Slasher

#8 Post by Slasher » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:50 pm

I wonder what was so urgent at the destination that motivated him to do what he did. Fluff?

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:00 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:58 pm
On an entirely different flight, but also from Dyce...

A Diesel Three charter flight to Sumburgh. We called the airline Squareways because of the window shape.

A minute or so after the hostie closed the door, there was a loud banging on the outside and a yelling of "Let me in ya bitch!".

"Fucck off and stay away from the propellor ya kunt" was her helpful reply in a very strong Weegie accent. "But it's me. Paddy" replied the Captain who'd just completed his walkaround.
ops-normal post of 2018 to my mind... =))

Caco