Out of Control Beverage Cart

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Out of Control Beverage Cart

#1 Post by llondel » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:36 am

I hope they gave a bonus to the guy with the pallet jack.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/viral ... re-airport

Slasher

Re: Out of Control Beverage Cart

#2 Post by Slasher » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 am

I wouldn’t mind being a full time airport interceptor for out of control galley/beverage cart carters. A mounted dual 50 cal would be fun too if they can’t be killed properly dead by ramming.

I wonder what the guy got as a reward. An intact Moet rescued from the scene?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#3 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:10 am

At CDG I was going down a sloping moving walkway with a trolley full of cans of beer. As you do. Half of them fell off and rolled at speed to the bottom where they got stuck revolving at the end. There were frogs all over the place. =))
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Woody » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 am

Looks like we’ve got a new training video =)) =))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Boac » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 am

In Astraeus we had a flight operating into Leeds to deposit c/crew and then pos empty to Manchester. T. Captain was a garrulous and ineffective Aussie and trainee Captain an acquaintance of old from the RAF.

On landing at Man, a rear galley trolley (no checks had been done after de-catering at Leeds!) detached itself from its house and cleverly negotiated the aisle at high speed, before actually DEMOLISHING the 'impenetrable' flight deck door and saying hello to the pilots........... =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by barkingmad » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:47 am

:))

Boac, I recall hearing of this one but somehow it had been credited to XL and the fuselage length of a -800.

Anyway, maybe a good reason to take extra care if one observes a wild eyed hairy faced fundamentalist in charge of a trolley asking if you want tea, coffee, fags or booze?

Re the video in todays management environments the plucky sharp driver of the red interceptor is probably on a disciplinary charge for taking and driving without authorization and damaging company property!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Boac » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:16 am

The only XL 800 I know of in Astraeus was the one I ferried to Athens from Lasham - and I didn't have a Aussie git within 100 miles of me (just an F/O who was very concerned about getting advance clearance from Tel Aviv until I made him take out his boy's map of the world ...) =))