Some whack!

Slasher

Re: Some whack!

#21 Post by Slasher » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:10 am

No of course I don’t believe it Boac, but it’s possible to program radar returns on the NDs of our 320 sims. Same I hear on our 737 ones too. I only set it if required by the exercise.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Well, that's clever. Can you programme them 'off track' or are they purely for windshear?

"I recall a few years back a BA F/O taking a selfie of himself and his wang while in the seat in full uniform, then sending it to some tart who made it public. Admittedly he was just flopping it around not jerking it."

Said exhibitionist duly sacked and now runs a B&B south of me. Had previously being doing 'up the skirt' pics of his c/crew- nice chap. 'Tis said the lady complained 'cos it looked so small............... :))

Slasher

#23 Post by Slasher » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:55 am

Yes Boac one can program them anywhere and of various intensities. There is a bit of fiddling and fartarsing around with the setting up so, being a lazy sod, again I only do it when the exercise requires it. Fortunately there are stored scenarios for T/O and landing, but sometimes with sim software updates they get erased and some poor bugger has to program them in again and store ‘em - usually the destructor or examiner doing the first exercise requiring RA, SHRA, or thunderationry.

Tizza pity your chap took a pic of himself and his thwacker while in uniform and in the cockpi flight deck. Don’t think he would’ve lost his job otherwise.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 am

I wonder how many Mafioso might be tempted to look here tempted by the thread title?

With respect to the growing verisimilitude afforded by modern full motion flight simulators I was wondering what kind of computer power is running in the background? Is/are the simulator(s) linked to a network of high end servers or a stand alone machine or is the computer power integral to the simulator's hardware itself?

Given the bawdy nature of some of the odd (not to say perverse) activities previously noted on this thread I I was about to write stimulator's hardware (and just did).
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."