Fatal training crash near FNB stadium..

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Fatal training crash near FNB stadium..

#1 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:35 pm

The interviewer is a driveling idiot!

A training sortie gone wrong it seems.
The light aircraft in which two people were killed near Johannesburg's FNB Stadium on Sunday was on a training flight.

This is according to the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA), which said two people — and not three as initially reported — had been killed.

“The Accident and Incident Investigations Division (AIID) has been informed of an aircraft accident occurrence on Sunday at 9am.

“The accident occurred at Nasrec next to FNB Stadium, south of Johannesburg.

“The aircraft departed from Grand Central Airport in Gauteng on a training flight with the intention to land back at the same airport.

“On-board the aircraft were two occupants, who both sustained fatal injuries. The aircraft itself sustained substantial damage. The accident was reported by the Aeronautical Rescue Co-ordination Centre (ARCC).”

The SACAA said a preliminary report would be issued in 30 days.
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Fatal training crash near FNB stadium..

#2 Post by Woody » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:11 pm

When all else fails, read the instructions.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Fatal training crash near FNB stadium..

#3 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:26 pm

Woody wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:11 pm
Could be that's a PPL spin training accident. The SACAA insist on it in the average trainer, like the PA28, which is not easily spinnable, nor necessarily cleared for it!

Hard to enter, cannot get out (like an ex-wife and marriage, and just as deadly)...

Sorry to see it.
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.