Tracey Curtis-Taylor arrives in Darwin

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Tracey Curtis-Taylor arrives in Darwin

#121 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:13 am

I think that we can all relax and keep our gongs in their boxes. Not that any of ours were presented at Buck House.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#122 Post by Boac » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:15 am

Let's wait for Prince Michael's Honours lIst, eh? :ymdevil:

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#123 Post by 500N » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:44 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:I think that we can all relax and keep our gongs in their boxes. Not that any of ours were presented at Buck House.

Ours in oz are presented by the State governor generals, the Queens representative here.

My dad got a gong as did his best friend.

Edit - Except VC's which are by the Australian GG regardless of state of residence. Or that was the case with the last 4.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#124 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:24 pm

A 'tail-piece' on this:

The lady is listed as a judge on an event at the Goodwood Revival this weekend, but only as 'an expedition pilot'.

She may just have learned not to try **** the ****. :))

Beef Raiser
ATPL
ATPL

#125 Post by Beef Raiser » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:45 am

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#126 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Ha! She blames all the males who saw through the 'solo' flights! What an annoying woman.
The bird in a biplane says she wants to put the affair behind her as she heads for new horizons in the Stearman.
So that's why she raises the issue of 'the affair' and puts her head above the parapet again!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#127 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 pm
Ha! She blames all the males who saw through the 'solo' flights! What an annoying woman.
The bird in a biplane says she wants to put the affair behind her as she heads for new horizons in the Stearman.
So that's why she raises the issue of 'the affair' and puts her head above the parapet again!
This news will certainly get Ex-Ascot and Boac going!

Let the fun begin. =))

Mind you this bilge is nauseating...
You cut a dash when you fly vintage aeroplanes such as the Boeing Stearman. Nerve and muscle are needed to master the king of the big old biplanes. Lesser aviators look up to Stearman pilots, who are nearly all men. Tracey Curtis-Taylor, one of the female exceptions, has made her name flying a Stearman on epic journeys. In the open cockpit of her beautifully restored aircraft she has dodged the elements and flown round wars, but the biggest storm she has faced was whipped up by hostile British aviators.
Twas a trainer and thus not inordinately difficult to fly.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepStearmanPT17.html

Would it be churlish of me to say she made a name for herself shredding helicopters and crashing the Stearman!

2B94DB0600000578-0-image-a-3_1440287315219.jpg
2B94DB0600000578-0-image-a-3_1440287315219.jpg (100.63 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Critics piled in on the Professional Pilot Rumour Network (Pprune), a forum popular with English-speaking aviators and enthusiasts <and infamous for banning, gagging and generally denigrating the motley 170 who make up the free spirited ops-normal>
After a marriage to a man in the motor trade that lasted eight years and other long-term relationships, Curtis-Taylor says that she is not disappointed by men. Male support enabled her to fulfil her flying ambitions. Rather than settling down and having children, she chose “a kind of freer, more romantic existence”, she says. “I understood that this came with a cost. It’s one that men do not have to pay. The sort of life that I have lived has probably cost me a normal life. I don’t regret it.”
Give her her due, she is an arch self-publicist who certainly has an eye for beautiful aircraft and certainly looks good next to them. We should invite her to contribute here. It would certainly put us on the aviation map. Where I am not sure though! =))

Caco

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#128 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:54 pm

This f...ing woman is incorrigible. She should have crawled under the hangar floor and stayed there. She has cheated, lied and in my view wearing Royal Air Force wings without having been awarded them was the worst offence. Who does she think the F she is. Can't even fly. Made a big mess of the forced landing. Fairly attractive. Strip her naked and strap her across the wing for the flight with a web cam on her and let a proper pilot fly it as happend the last time.

Just my humble opinion though.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#129 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:06 pm

She's got a **** cheek!

Last year she convinced people in America that she'd flown that Stearman around the world.

The fact that it crossed the oceans in a 40' container while she guzzled canapes and fizzy white at FL400 was something that she 'forgot' to mention. Just another "slip of the tongue".

That lass has a very slippery tongue, no doubt useful when 'persuading' sponsors and other promotors.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#130 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 pm

I wish the lady well and hope that the future gives her the chance to do the flying she wants to do, whether it be flying solo across vast continents or simply sharing the joy of flight with a fellow pilot. As for what has transpired it is unfortunate but I am sure, with a little thought and the right action she can redeem her reputation.

As for my comment about the shredded R44, I should show a little thought here as the Stearman is a ponderous beast with very little forward visibility, and even Lloyd Stearman had the misfortune to come to grief while taxying...
Aesthetics were matched by practical attributes. Indeed, in 1926, a Travel Air won the second annual Ford Reliability Tour. The same year, another Travel Air set a new cross-country record—just 31 hours from coast to coast. Most memorably, on August 16-17, 1927, Art Goebel and William V. Davis won the Dole Air Race with Stearman lent his engineering expertise to the twin-boom StearmanHammond Y-1 aircraft built in 1936 as part of the Bureau of Air
a 26-hour flight that spanned the 2,400 miles from Oakland, California, to Oahu, Hawaii, in a Travel Air 5000 dubbed the Woolaroc. Yet, amid the triumphs, tragedy beset the up-and-coming designer/ engineer. After a flight test of a Model A on August 13, 1926, Lloyd was taxiing to a hangar at Wichita’s municipal airport when a collision occurred. The aircraft’s propeller struck local businessman George Theis Jr., killing him. Lloyd had eyeballed the airport grounds from the cockpit, but simply didn’t see the man who parked his car close to the aircraft right-of-way and then stepped out inattentively. Lloyd was heartbroken and extremely apologetic. In the end, the deadly occurrence was deemed an accident.
See pages 15 to 19.
Lloyd Stearman.JPG
Lloyd Stearman.JPG (40.4 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
http://members.eaavintage.org/wp-conten ... p-2011.pdf

Caco

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#131 Post by Alisoncc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:55 am

Cacophonix wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 pm
Critics piled in on the Professional Pilot Rumour Network (Pprune), a forum popular with English-speaking aviators and enthusiasts <and infamous for banning, gagging and generally denigrating the motley 170 who make up the free spirited ops-normal>
Can one ask where the quote came from Caco?

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#132 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:07 am

Alisoncc wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:55 am
Cacophonix wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 pm
Can one ask where the quote came from Caco?

Alison
The first part of the quote comes from the link posted by Beef. The bit about the motley 170 is my own tongue in cheek addendum to same! ;)))

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trac ... b8be2149d7

Caco

cockney steve
CPL
CPL

#133 Post by cockney steve » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Update posted on "non-airline rumours, gossip and chat" The woman has stirred up an absolute *****-storm for the LAA.

Sisemen

#134 Post by Sisemen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:06 pm

I think I may be up for the LAA award this year.

On Thursday I will have completed the last leg of a solo trip from New York to Perth (WA) via London and Dubai.

Of course, I did have a back up team consisting of a Captain and First Officer, Chief Purser and a few lovely ladies. And by solo, I did mean that I didn’t speak to anyone else unnecessarily. But certainly a worthy contender for the award I think you’ll agree!

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#135 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Ah! But yer not a wumman, see?

Nowadays, yer've got to be a wumman to be a special passenger pilot, y'know.

You've got to flutter your eyelashes and be skilled at having a slippery tongue to emulate our Tracey, y'know.

See if you can slip your tongue around like wot slippery tongued Tracey can.

Then try doing it while holding a thing shaped like that.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#136 Post by Boac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:46 pm

...and, Seen, you don't have a chance unless you had Ewald in the seat in front of you all the way. :))

Sisemen

#137 Post by Sisemen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Definitely have the slippery tongue as many fine ladies in my past could attest to!

And don’t you merely have to believe that you’re a bint to become one nowadays?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#138 Post by Boac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Whoops! Obviously post #136 should have said 'Sise' - doh.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#139 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:06 pm

As if this story couldn't get more bizarre! Even more shocking than discovering that Sisemen is a bloke! =))

I fear that the LAA will rue the day that they became ensnared in this woman's delusions.

On the other hand the story has made me more cogniscent of Lady Heath whose own adventurous life was so tragically cut short.

Caco

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#140 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:13 pm

I think it's outfukkinrageous that this charlatan pretends to be comparable to Mary Heath in some way.