The Harry and Megan show

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

The Harry and Megan show

#1 Post by Boac » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Some idle thoughts on the news:

The last time an American divorcee tried to join 'the Royals' it didn't work too well!

If William should meet an untimely early end, would we have Queen Meghan?

Following the above, should the genetic cards fall that way and the first-born junior male Harry is 'Obama coloured', we could have our first 'black' king eventually.

wings folded
Capt
Capt
Re: The Harry and Megan show

#2 Post by wings folded » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:31 pm

If William should meet an untimely early end, would we have Queen Meghan?

I believe that his sprogs would also have to have croaked before that happened. If I vaguely follow this arcane stuff.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Boac » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:12 pm

Quite right, but what if they are too young? Would we have the 'boy king with minder' of history in the 21st century? Would we have to break the emergency glass and get PC going?

Capetonian

#4 Post by Capetonian » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 am

IMG-20171129-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20171129-WA0003.jpg (415.05 KiB) Viewed 1461 times

Capetonian

#5 Post by Capetonian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Apparently they are getting married on the day of an 'important' football game.

In order of priority on that day, if I've got nothing better to do, and I undoubtedly will have, my day will be spent In order of preference :

Cooking
Writing
Reading
Looking at the sky/chemtrail/'planespotting
Watching something like The Bill, Judge Rinder, or Judge Judy
Watching grass grow
Watching paint dry
Picking up dog turds in the garden
Watching the Royal wedding
Watching 22 overpaid thugs kicking a piece of leather round a field

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 am

I take as much interest in his wedding as I'd expect him to take in mine.

i.e. Sweet fa.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#7 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:48 am

One year on from the last post what do we have? As I predicted a dysfunctional member of the Royal family who has acted her way into the role and is still acting. She claims that she is going to modernise 'The Firm'. All she is doing is alienating them with the exception of Prince Harry, maybe. Instead of easing her way in she has gone in feet first with gun blazing in a typical American manner as would be expected from an actress who has found herself in the British Royal family.

It is very noticeable that HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is making a positive attempt to be even more regal by the day and setting examples that 'er would find impossible to emulate due to her ill-breeding and common background. What we see is one HMQ in the making and one half caste, American, actress, divorcee heading for the rubbish bin, sorry 'trash can'.

Must say that Piers Morgan seems to have her mind set well analysed now, as indeed have most of the Royal Family and Royal Household.

I was initially giving it 10 years. Now placing new bet at 5.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Capetonian

#8 Post by Capetonian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am

I'm a bit more optimistic than you, Ex-Ascot. I'll give it two.

Harry, and the entire Royal Family, deserve better than this awful USAmerican divorcee who seems to upset everyone with whom she has contact.

I do agree with you about HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, a lady through and through.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#9 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Even to a half blind member of the great unwashed, it is blatantly obvious which one is the future Queen of England and which is the conniving fake.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (10.21 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am
I do agree with you about HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, a lady through and through.
Not bad for the offspring of a Flight Dispatcher and an Air Hostess . . .

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#11 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:06 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 pm
Capetonian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am
Not bad for the offspring of a Flight Dispatcher and an Air Hostess . . .
Mr Middleton is actually very well connected whereas Mr Markle is very well disconnected. When Micheal Middleton first came into the limelight it was said that he was a pilot (his father was a mosquito pilot in WWII). Then it was said he started a training course with BEA but left and became a fight dispatcher. No idea about the pilot training there is very little reference to it. Anyway, whatever, he seems like a good egg. Not quite sure why Carol Middleton has started to blab after so many years.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by om15 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:00 pm

It is peculiar that Prince Harry has chosen an aging American negress for a bride, I would have thought he could have picked up something younger and less expensive nearer home. This will certainly run for a while and give a welcome distraction from the Brexit debate.
The newspapers are already speculating on Christmas day Royal family rows,a bit like everyone else really.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#13 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:19 am

om15 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:00 pm
It is peculiar that Prince Harry has chosen an aging American negress for a bride, I would have thought he could have picked up something younger and less expensive nearer home. This will certainly run for a while and give a welcome distraction from the Brexit debate.
The newspapers are already speculating on Christmas day Royal family rows,a bit like everyone else really.
I really feel sorry for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I think they were really looking forward to a nice little din dins with the Middletons and all their party games. Still, guess they can still play stick the tail on the donkey. =))

Not fun when your schedule even on Christmas day is dictated, well probably 'advised' in this case.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by ian16th » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:05 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:19 am
om15 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:00 pm

Not fun when your schedule even on Christmas day is dictated, well probably 'advised' in this case.
In the same manner as a SWO might advise an LAC!
Cynicism improves with age

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by BenThere » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm

It is peculiar that Prince Harry has chosen an aging American negress for a bride

Along the same line, I always wondered how John Lennon, who must have had all the choices in the world for a mate, settled on Yoko. Not to disparage her in any way as he was quite taken with her but for reasons I never could perceive. My inclination is to think Prince Harry could have made a better selection, but he's his own man and Godspeed to them both.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by om15 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:31 pm

I agree about Yoko Ono, possibly the wacky baccy got to him and clouded his judgement, I always thought the original Mrs Lennon was a pleasant and attractive looking lady.
cynthia-lennon.jpg

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by llondel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:36 pm

As a US citizen she's liable to US taxes on her income. I wonder what her tax returns will look like now, is the UK government effectively giving money ot the US government, given where her 'income' will be derived? Or is it the case that Harry has an income and she doesn't, therefore sidestepping the whole tax thing and allowing her to file zero returns.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by ian16th » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:56 pm

I read somewhere that she was renouncing her US citizenship and becoming a Brit.

That will make the divorce settlement interesting.
Cynicism improves with age

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by llondel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:01 pm

I assume they can grant her citizenship immediately by some means or other, rather than have her wait three years. I know the US has such a mechanism in place to immediately grant citizenship if they consider it in the best interests of the country, and I know someone who went that route.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Next we will have family members arriving for domicile . . .