No Mods and Few Rules

admin
Chief Engineer

Re: No Mods and Few Rules

#21 Post by admin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:07 am

Just you Sise. <giggle>

Some of our newer members aren't aware of some minor restrictions. Don't want people here who just come to fight.

Alison

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:22 am

I initially had the same reaction as Siseman but figured that if it had been personalised it might have said something like

"Achtung, achtung, you have overdrawn your video posting allowance for the week, be aware that you will be silenced with maximum prejudice for any further contraventions"

=))

Caco

Sisemen

#23 Post by Sisemen » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm

Shh Caco! The buggers will be sending the unmarked black van round. There’s somebody parked in the shadows opposite my place as we speak :-ss

Seenenough

#24 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:00 am

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:07 am
Just you Sise. <giggle>

" Don't want people here who just come to fight."

Alison
You might want to let Bo know what the rules are.

Sisemen

#25 Post by Sisemen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:17 am

Bo ?????

Seenenough

#26 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:54 am

BOAC

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:37 am

Whenever I scan this thread title quickly I see, no meds and few rules!

Who needs meds here. We are all mad! Mad I tell, you, mad!

Caco

Sisemen

#28 Post by Sisemen » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:15 am

Well, THAT had me confused! I was sure I’d made that post ages ago ^^^^. Definitely hadn’t posted today...then I noticed it had been bumped by Admin.

Because???

admin
Chief Engineer

#29 Post by admin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:27 am

Cos I didn't like the previous top of the list sitting there. The topic about there being something wrong with the site. As if. :-q

Admin

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by barkingmad » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Condiments of the Season to you too Alison. My thanks for an oasis of sanity in a weird world! :YMAPPLAUSE:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:42 pm

Likewise!!
Merry Crimbo!

Sisemen

#32 Post by Sisemen » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:20 pm

:-bd :YMPARTY:

ribrash

#33 Post by ribrash » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:48 am

Back at ya.... :YMPARTY: :YMPARTY: :-bd

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#34 Post by jimtherev » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:12 pm

er, yeah, is something going on?
Stirs gently, brushes away a mince pie crumb, harumphs quietly and resumes slumber

JamesM

#35 Post by JamesM » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:30 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:44 pm
The only reason I set this site up was so I could give all the people I have come to hate a hard time.

<mad cackle> :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Seriously though I've learnt the importance of these forums to many who may feel isolated from the kind of people they associated with during their working careers. I know for a fact that there is a real danger that my brain will turn to mush if I have to spend the rest of my life where the sole topic of conversation is grand children and cake recipes.

The only reason anyone will ever get banned from Pproone is if I get a minimum of half a dozen requests to do so from members whose opinions I respect. There will be multiple warnings by PM requesting the perpetrator to cease and desist before hand. That I promise.

Alison
From all I have read since joining this forum very recently, I feel that the desire expressed above has been overtaken by events. As an outsider, a recently retired engineer, with an interest in gliding now, and decades worth of experience and dits, mostly not good in recent years, it is very noticeable that something unpleasant is happening with your forum. I cannot pin down what's changing, but it is clear that there is a lot of dissent around. Even my (very polite, I thought) announcement that this forum didn't seem to be aligned to my new aviation interests seems to have attracted threats to other members.

Might I suggest, Admin, that you take a look at what is happening to those principles you expounded above? I do believe that you are right, in that those of us that retire do benefit from maintaining links to former colleagues, very much so if, like me, they choose to move to another country. This place may not be ideal for me, but I can see that it is a precious resource, and it is worth saving from what seems to be somewhat of a decline, caused, I think, by a change in management style (which, incidentally, is what drove me to quit work).

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:17 pm

James - admin (as quoted above) is the originator of this site - admin2 is the 'new' ruler of the site - a totally different entity.