K&C

Please introduce yourself if you are planning on staying around. Thanks
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

K&C

#1 Post by om15 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:59 am

I see that K&C has arrived, I hope that he sticks around and joins in in this visit.
Entry spirit forbids me from musing on his posts, other than to think that he may have rich pickings with our thoughts. We need some alternate views even if they do not concur with ours.

Capetonian

Re: K&C

#2 Post by Capetonian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Alternative thoughts are perfectly acceptable, indeed welcome, but when couched in sneering and derogatory terms from a position of imagined superiority, I can do without the likes of K&C.

We shall see.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:36 pm

om15 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:59 am
.....Entry spirit forbids me from musing on his posts.....
I can't muse on his posts as for several years until I left TOP I had arranged not to see them. Hopefully I won't have to do the same here.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by om15 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Oh dear, looks like I'm alone in welcoming him then!

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm

om15, an accurate summation.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by Krystal n Chips » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:37 pm

I think we can dispense with the etiquette of social introductions, albeit I suppose many are surprised, and / or appalled to see me on this site.

So, lets dispel a few urban myths please. Male, not a troll, only ever used one name on TOP, never complained or used the "ignore" function...my epidermis is remarkably tolerant actually....and yep, one of life's independent thinkers and non conformists, at least to those who decide they wish to think on my behalf.

There are indeed some interesting posts, and even more interesting introductions, however, I am delighted to note the warm words of welcome from who else but.....Capetonian !

Alternative thoughts are perfectly acceptable, indeed welcome, but when couched in sneering and derogatory terms from a position of imagined superiority, I can do without the likes of K&

That's terribly kind of you to give me your blessing , however, and please don't misconstrue this, but, given your sentiments towards the French, and how you bravely told an elderly lady to "speak my language ! " plus a few terms that cannot be used on a family site I seem to recall, don't you think that's just a shade hypocritical as I never actually recourse to such.

Anyway, here I am....

nomorecatering
FO
FO

#7 Post by nomorecatering » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Capetonian wrote:...couched in sneering and derogatory terms from a position of imagined superiority...
I suppose you want to keep that shtick for yourself.

Capetonian

#8 Post by Capetonian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Here we go with your usual bile and drivel. I refer to it as drivel, not because I disagree, but because it is incorrect.

If you wish to report on statements or actions by other people, the very least you could do is to do so accurately and completely, rather than changing and twisting words and facts to suit your agenda.

Haven't you anything better to do, such as attending an 'understanding written English' course?

As an aside, I haven't given you my blessing, another of your misinterpretations.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by om15 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Welcome anyway, you will find that we are broad minded, cater for all tastes and ooze tolerance.
Occasionally.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Welcome aboard, K&C.

A G&T will be along shortly, after the upper limb of old Sol descends below the horizon.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by llondel » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm

I enjoy reading different points of view, even if only for the "WTF is he on?" reaction I occasionally get. Sometimes someone raises an argument I hadn't considered before to make it more interesting. So welcome K&C.

Breton1¾
First Solo
First Solo

#12 Post by Breton1¾ » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:30 am

Oh FFS, as soon as a frigging link to an article from the grauniad appears then I am gone, AND I've only just arrived. :YMSICK:

admin
Chief Engineer

#13 Post by admin » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am

Let me clarify this. Ops-Normal is a VERY TOLERANT community, and a significant part of my remit is to keep it so. There are a few comments made recently in this thread that come close to crossing the line.

Admin/Alison

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#14 Post by Smeagol » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 pm

A guarded welcome to K&C from me. Guarded because I believe the last post I was able to make in TOP concerned K&C, nothing I considered inflammatory, derogatory or even controversial, but it seemed to get me banned. He must have friends in high places there.
Hope Alison is a little more understanding :-ss :-ss
We hates Bagginses!

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#15 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:45 am

Smeagol wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 pm
A guarded welcome to K&C from me. Guarded because I believe the last post I was able to make in TOP concerned K&C, nothing I considered inflammatory, derogatory or even controversial, but it seemed to get me banned. He must have friends in high places there.
Hope Alison is a little more understanding :-ss :-ss
I can't recall your post, but, it probably didn't fall into the criteria you suggest and even if it had, as I will reiterate, I never once complained about the comments about me. There was only one contributor who really went too far when he involved my late parents in his comments....that's a BIG NO GO AREA for myself and I suggest everybody else.....same as politics where the families are, by tacit agreement, left alone other than when they do attract public attention...see the offspring of a certain Labour MP and his recent entrepreneurial dealings for example....and publishing about such is justifiable.

Another urban myth....I have absolutely no idea as to the identity of those arbiters of taste, morals, opinions and politics on TOP....you may be interested to learn I spent 2years away from the UK Politics thread......no reason given..... although I suspect the influence of one contributor and luminary may have been brought to bear here....following my sardonic humour about the BNP and associated right wing extremist organisations.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#16 Post by Jetex Jim » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi Krystal.

Good to see you.

Yes, you'll not think you've stepped too far away from JB on TOP. Bunch of old retired people who see themselves as that character Clint Eastwood played in Gran Torino.

The British ones are in denial about the consequences of Brexit and the Septics are in denial about Trump's impending impeachment.

Enjoy.
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

Seenenough

#17 Post by Seenenough » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:42 am

K-Trump is never far away from any discussion as I am sure you can tell.

nomorecatering
FO
FO

#18 Post by nomorecatering » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Jim, you forgot to mention the casual racism, misogyny and bigotry. And of course the name calling, let's not forget the name calling.

admin
Chief Engineer

#19 Post by admin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Happy to refund subscriptions if not happy here. The last thing we would want are unhappy members. As for casual racism, nothing casual about it at all. It is a known fact that all other races are inferior to God's own, the Brits.

Alison

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:50 am

........known fact that all other races are inferior to God's own, the Brits.
Wogs Begin At Dover.