Please introduce yourself if you are planning on staying around. Thanks
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: K&C

#21 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:06 am

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:50 am
........known fact that all other races are inferior to God's own, the Brits.
Wogs Begin At Dover.
These days Speed Bird one has to ask, 'Heading in which direction?'
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:42 am

Very valid point ! ( sadly )

reddo
Capt
Capt

#23 Post by reddo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Welcome K&C,
I do like an alternate view. :YMAPPLAUSE:
Especially if it is directed at posts who appear to take the position that their view is the only view.

nomorecatering
FO
FO

#24 Post by nomorecatering » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Thanks Admin. Good to know the terms agreed to when registering are just for show.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by 1DC » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Always thought that anyone south of the Wash, west of Gainsborough and north of the Humber should be treated with suspicion..

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:18 pm

1DC and speak funny

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Krystal.
Try to put the thoughts of a few words, in those same few words.

Brevity and succinctness are the friends of those who read what you write.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by llondel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Why use three words when you can use three thousand?

Capetonian

#29 Post by Capetonian » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:22 am

Alternative thoughts are perfectly acceptable, indeed welcome, but when couched in sneering and derogatory terms from a position of imagined superiority, I can do without the likes of K&C.

We shall see.
Since some of us, myself excluded, 'welcomed' K&C to this little community, he has contributed nothing other than hackneyed phrases, verbose insults, put downs, snide remarks, twisted and inaccurate references to the comments of others, and quotes from the Guardian. In so doing, he has generated a significant amount of 'off topic' postings.

May I suggest that he is ignored, rather than adding fuel to his rancid little fire? Hopefully he will realise that he has had his 15 minutes of fame and he will then go away.

Even if this is an 'own goal' I feel this quote from an article in the Telegraph is rather fitting to the context:
The “gentler, kinder politics” promised by Jeremy Corbyn has not been delivered. Indeed, personal attacks and extreme prejudice, an unwillingness to listen to any other point of view or even allow a platform for it by groups who believe themselves intellectually, morally and ideologically superior, all too often go largely unchallenged.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:45 am

I, for one, welcome K&C here and wonder if those that castigate him so, do that on account, more, of what he says as much as for the way he says it! Not so much for the medium as the message that he is so excoriated, to strangle McLuhan's words.

His tone might be supercilious, patronising and infuriating at times but it is a diversion and almost a welcome relief for some, like me, from the lazy right wing echo chamber that this place can become when it simply becomes too easy just to go along with some of that.

I can only agree with Jetex and nomorecatering when they say...
Yes, you'll not think you've stepped too far away from JB on TOP. Bunch of old retired people who see themselves as that character Clint Eastwood played in Gran Torino.

The British ones are in denial about the consequences of Brexit and the Septics are in denial about Trump's impending impeachment.
Jim, you forgot to mention the casual racism, misogyny and bigotry. And of course the name calling, let's not forget the name calling.
I have nothing against old, retired and right wing people. Indeed some of them are my best friends, and indeed some of that could describe me as well, but when we become complacent and too easy in our prejudices then people like K&C act as a necessary counterpoint and a correction to flaccid, unchallenged thinking!

Caco

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Caco, I think you are wrong. It is not what he says but they manned in which he says it. He is resistant to be brief. He also assaults the player as well as trying to play the ball.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:25 pm
Caco, I think you are wrong. It is not what he says but they manned in which he says it. He is resistant to be brief. He also assaults the player as well as trying to play the ball.

I am often wrong Pontius, sadly the days when I could say "I once I thought I was wrong but then realised I was wrong about that" are, wrong, er, I mean, long gone!

As for "he also assaults the player as well as trying to play the ball", we used to try and do this all the time at rugby when the referee wasn't looking! ;)))

Caco

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Caco, I once got penalised for tackling the player. Thought this was very unfair, but the ref pointed out I had the ball!

nomorecatering
FO
FO

#34 Post by nomorecatering » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:49 pm

It requires skill to go after substance. Which of course is why form is so many's favorite.

Capetonian

#35 Post by Capetonian » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:00 pm

I have nothing against old, retired and right wing people. Indeed some of them are my best friends
Indeed, and I am one too, although I suppose that depends on the definition of old, and retired, and right wing for that matter since it's a matter of perspective.

Back to topic, I have no problem whatsoever with somebody directly quoting me. I stand by what I write, and if I make an error, I'll admit it. What I find completely unacceptable is snide, twisted and incorrect references to something I allegedly said or did and this is very much K&Cs 'below the belt' approach.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#36 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:34 am

Capetonian wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:00 pm
I have nothing against old, retired and right wing people. Indeed some of them are my best friends
Indeed, and I am one too, although I suppose that depends on the definition of old, and retired, and right wing for that matter since it's a matter of perspective.

Back to topic, I have no problem whatsoever with somebody directly quoting me. I stand by what I write, and if I make an error, I'll admit it. What I find completely unacceptable is snide, twisted and incorrect references to something I allegedly said or did and this is very much K&Cs 'below the belt' approach.
First, thank you to those who have said kind words on my behalf and in doing so have probably helped increase the sales in effigies and pins by 100%....

And thus to your modest self. Unfortunately, I never misquote or indeed twist posts you make, or for that matter anybody's I merely offer a subjective view of the content. Thus you did once regale us on TOP with a tale of how you informed an elderly French lady on a train that she should speak your language ( expletives deleted ) because I recall asking if you would have been quite so forthright had the recipient of your opinion been, say, a member of the French Foreign Legion, or French Para or indeed any French person likely to respond "robustly "....as in inserting their fist in your gob.

We never did get to learn about what your alleged reason for being subject to blackmail was....the "Monty Python " sketch springs to mind here, or indeed why you were chased out of a Chinese restaurant by a machete wielding owner. But, these all paled into insignificance compared to this offering.....yep, it's cryptic, but, some may recall the event in question.....

And, some more good news, thanks entirely to your efforts on here I may add.....coming soon in 2019 !

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by llondel » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:25 pm

You know what? I'm jealous, because I only got half as many views and responses on my intro thread. Clearly I need to order in more curmudgeon juice.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:48 pm

llondel wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:25 pm
You know what? I'm jealous, because I only got half as many views and responses on my intro thread. Clearly I need to order in more curmudgeon juice.

Yes, K&C is the curmudgeon's curmudgeon, almost up there in curmudgeon hyperspace with Rainboe from TOP, but clearly a nicer a guy at heart than that bitter Captain! =))

Caco

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#39 Post by jimtherev » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:13 pm

Oh come on, Caco, I miss Rainboe. He just knew how to wind us up. (And - shh, but - I sometimes agreed with him, but never let him know it: that would never have done.)

Capetonian

#40 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:23 pm

Rainboe was entertaining and had original thoughts. K&C is a crashing and verbose bore, at least I assume he still is as I don't read his pompous and prolix verbal dysentry (I can spell diarrhoea but thought dysentry was a better description.)

Reminds me of the note from a mum :
Dear Teacher
Johnny can't be coming to school today as he has diarea dire-ear direa diarea dearear the shits.