The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Slasher

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#4001 Post by Slasher » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Seenenough

#4002 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:19 pm

Bo-Last night Fox News could not get a single Democrat Congress person to be interviewed during prime time shows despite approaching over 30 to be interviewed.

May I call on your absolute and infinite wisdom about US politics to ask why it is that all of the Democrats who were approached declined to be interviewed.

Seenenough

#4003 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Slash-The clip you posted will give the Amigos a bit of indigestion I suspect.

What they struggle to understand and thus cannot accept is that a coin has and always will have two sides neither of which is right or wrong.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4004 Post by John Hill » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Seenenough, am I to understand that all American politicians are liars?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Seenenough

#4005 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 pm

John -Politicians almost everywhere have for centuries battled with telling or acknowledging the truth.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4006 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 am

Seen wrote:Canada signed also Bo.
- indeed, but there has only been a small upturn on the CSE since its October high.

I apologise for my error in my post #3999 - Mexico have SIGNED but the agreement is not yet ratified - even by Canada, I believe. Opposition by Republicans to the agreement appear to have been stifled.

Apart from 'Zero tariff' on US cars sold into Mexico, which will not produce ANY direct income to the US treasury, I am struggling to see anything else which will produce these Pinocchio billions of dollars to 'pay for the wall'. Could you highlight the parts of the agreement where you see this income arising?

Seenenough

#4007 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Bo-I would bet a fair bit of money that the trade agreements between USA,Canada and Mexico will require each country of to uphold and enforce their borders.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4008 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:49 pm

You are, I'm afraid, lost in this thread, Seen. The topic is the billions of DOLLARS Mexico is going to give to the US under the USMCA. Any ideas on topic?

Seenenough

#4009 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Bo-How many illicitly earned US Dollars, derived from drugs trafficked into the US from Mexico, go back over the US border and into the funding of the Mexican economy each day ?.

Also how much money is sent back to Mexico by Mexicans illegally working in the US along with the drug money?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4010 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:17 pm

No idea at all, Seen, but can you answer the question? Remember, Mexico is going to pay for the wall - after that 'mis-speak', the Chump now claims it will be 'paying' via the USMCA. How? Over to you. If you don't know, it is quicker for all of us if you say so.
Also how much money is sent back to Mexico by Mexicans illegally working in the US along with the drug money?
- you had better ask the Chump on that one - he employs them.

Seenenough

#4011 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Bo-It costs Mexico money to enforce their side of the border as they are in sheltering the cravaners while they wait to enter the US.

It also seems to you that a loss of revenue is not a cost.Ask Tim Cook he will set you straight on how costly a revenue drop is.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4012 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm

OK - so you don't know. That's simple. You and the Chump make a good match.

Seenenough

#4013 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Bo -I would be a bit more worried about the rumor that Ruth Bader-Ginsburg is not quite as healthy as the media are indicating.

Could Trump get to appoint a third Supreme Court Justice soon?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4014 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Yes - I'm really losing sleep over that.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4015 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Has any TV channel, left or right, produced video of the hordes of savage terrorists Chump says are storming the
border? We need to see them.

(Excerpts from 'Zulu' or a John Wayne movie not permitted')

Seenenough

#4016 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 pm
Has any TV channel, left or right, produced video of the hordes of savage terrorists Chump says are storming the

You obviously did not see the CNN clips of the Border Patrol firing tear gas at the crowd trying to rush the border fence.

Their story went on about how cruel the Border Patrol was for firing teargas at mothers and children.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4017 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 pm

No, Seen - I do not normally watch CNN as I have said before but a link would be good.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4018 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm
Boac wrote:

You obviously did not see the CNN clips of the Border Patrol firing tear gas at the crowd trying to rush the border fence.

Their story went on about how cruel the Border Patrol was for firing teargas at mothers and children.
Seenenough, as a South African, did you ever get to shoot bullets, rubber or otherwise, or teargas at women and children? Do you think it is right to do so?

Do you think it right to allow others to do so on your behalf?

Do you ever think that your problems, your nightmares in your mind, are actually of your making, and that they haven't changed from one continent to another?

Just asking?

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4019 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm
Boac wrote:

Oh come on. I love the Welsh singing...

The Zulus aren't bad either... "No top tenors though" ;)))

Caco

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4020 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Apparently the Chump (the quick learner) has now discovered that people can actually tunnel UNDER walls and fences so he has gone away to ask Ann Coulter what to do.