New Political Party

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

New Political Party

#1 Post by om15 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:51 am

The news this week that a new political party is being formed, primarily to address the Brexit issue, but also hoping to attract many disaffected Tories and others.
Do the team think that this will be a success, or will just fizzle out in the way that the SDP did in the eighties. My view is that once Brexit is over everyone one will just go back to the parties that they have always supported and this new party will only attract the political outcasts, corrupt and extreme elements of society.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

Re: New Political Party

#2 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 am

om15 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:51 am
The news this week that a new political party is being formed, primarily to address the Brexit issue, but also hoping to attract many disaffected Tories and others.
Do the team think that this will be a success, or will just fizzle out in the way that the SDP did in the eighties. My view is that once Brexit is over everyone one will just go back to the parties that they have always supported and this new party will only attract the political outcasts, corrupt and extreme elements of society.
This happened some time ago now......the party was known as UKIP.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Boac » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 am

The news this week that a new political party is being formed, primarily to address the Brexit issue
- I say, Carruthers - a bit late, old chap?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by om15 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:03 am

Not really, it hasn't been solved yet, and the more jaundiced of our countrymen feel that it won't be, hence the new party.