HAI Board of Directors

G~Man
Capt
Capt

HAI Board of Directors

#1 Post by G~Man » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:21 am

Just an FYI... I am running for an open seat on the Board of Directors for the Helicopter Association International, in March.

Feel free to ask questions, and I will tell you where I stand on the issues....

I am in process of writing my bio and resume sheet...I will be at the Heli-expo with SWeMBO in March, and will certainly carve time for any Rotor-heads who make it to Atlanta for the event... I may even buy the beer....
B-) Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here, you may as well dance. B-)

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: HAI Board of Directors

#2 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Beer you say. Have some good SA friends in Atlanta as well Hmmh! :)

Give us some more gen on what you stand for G~Man

I am all for free R44 flights for tyros myself.

Caco

G~Man
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by G~Man » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Here is my official Bio...yes there will be a gathering for adult beverages...I flew with some SA's back in 92 in the world championships....Buzz Bezoidenhout, (maybe not spelled correctly), and some others....

Gordon (Gordy) Cox
Redding Air Service
Office (530) 221-2851 Cell (530)410-3480
E-mail: gordy@reddingairservice.com

Born into an aviation family, I have been in professional aviation since 1982 when I joined the British Royal Air Force. Since leaving in 1989 I have been in managerial positions in the helicopter industry in the US since 1991, having held the roles of line pilot, instructor, Chief Instructor, Chief Pilot, Director of Operations and numerous committee positions, across a wide spectrum of the industry.

Along with still being an active pilot, I strive on a daily basis to run a company as ethically and regulatorily compliant as possible while still watching out for the bottom line. I am a huge proponent of “education and outreach,” and would like to see the industry follow my lead in striving for excellence in all we do.

Aviation Background/Highlights

• I Joined the British Royal Air Force at age 18, served 8 years flying in the back of Nimrods, the British equivalent of the US Navy P3 Orion aircraft, as an Air Electronics Operator chasing Russian submarines and conducting Search & Rescue.
• Trained as a helicopter pilot in 1990 at Helicopter Adventures Inc.
• Former Chief Instructor and Director of Operations for Helicopter Adventures Inc. During the eight years there I wrote nine Part 141 courses, was an administrating official for all VA, J-visa and ACCSCT programs (1990 through 1998).
• During my time in the San Francisco Bay area I was also the named Chief Pilot for Whirlybirds Inc. on their part 133 and 135 certificates. I was part of the initial team of pilots for the Contra Costa County Sheriff Department. I was also designated FAA Air-boss for numerous airshows in the San Francisco Bay area, assuming full control (under NOTAM), of Class D airspace for national airshow performers.
• Was appointed as an FAA Accident Prevention Counselor in the Oakland FSDO in 1992, and continued counseling thru 1998 when I left for Hawaii.
• In Hawaii I flew as a line pilot and again worked my way up to managerial position of Chief Pilot for Island Helicopters Inc.
• Was voted as the Pilot Representative, and FAA appointed member to the Hawaii Air Tour Safety Working Group for the Honolulu FSDO. This work was the precursor to part 136.
• Was Director of Operations and Check Airman for Island Express Helicopters in Long Beach, CA for 5 years, and oversaw the growth of the company from 4 Astar helicopters to a fleet of 3 Astars and 3 Sikorsky S-76’s.
• Currently the Director of Operations for Redding Air Service in Northern California, overseeing a fleet of 8 light and medium helicopters working fire and utility contracts nationwide.
• I am currently the Chairman of the HAI Tour Operator Committee, Vice-Chairman of the Tour Operator Program of Safety, (TOPS), and a member of the HAI Regulatory Safety Working Group.
• I am a graduate of Helicopter Association International, (HAI), Advanced Helicopter Management Course, various “Flying in the Wire Environment,” accident investigation, Leadership, SMS and Advanced SMS courses.
• Throughout my almost 17,000 hours flight time career, I have conducted numerous different types of commercial flying, including: instruction, air shows, ENG, fire suppression, banner tow, law enforcement, oil rigs, aerial filming and photography, tours, and power & pipe line inspections.

More to follow.
B-) Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here, you may as well dance. B-)

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm

G~Man wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:21 am
.....I am running for an open seat on the Board of Directors for the Helicopter Association International, in March.......
All the best with that, Gordy! That is some CV you have! I don't know whether Rossian was on Nimrods or Shacks but you two must surely have crossed paths at some point.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

G~Man
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by G~Man » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:40 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm
All the best with that, Gordy! That is some CV you have! I don't know whether Rossian was on Nimrods or Shacks but you two must surely have crossed paths at some point.
Different times but we know of each other. An article I recently wrote:

Heli-Ops magazine article

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:55 pm

G~Man wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:40 pm
CharlieOneSix wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm
Different times but we know of each other. An article I recently wrote:

Heli-Ops magazine article
I am in awe of course, but had a drink tonight with the son of a pilot who flew from Hemes and then in Patukent River back in the day. His dad advised him to join Her Majesty's Navy to fly helicopters. He decided to become a film camera man instead and is a good fixed wing pilot.

His dad died two years ago and the old man bequeathed me some of his books. I am truly not worthy and am now even more determined to become a good Heli pilot.

With men like you and others alive I know we could fight, at least, a frigate!

Caco