Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#801 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:40 am

Estate agent cancelled photoshoot as pouring with rain. I did tell him it would be, but just in case we tidied the house. Now have to do it all again tomorrow, should good weather make a wrong turning and arrive over us.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#802 Post by Woody » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 am

Sitting in the Audi garage, whilst my Q3 has oil change and service, judging by the quote it’s obviously being performed by the Chief Pilot or equivalent as they say in Yorkshire “How Much “ :-o
When all else fails, read the instructions.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#803 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:09 pm

The e-on saga continues. More e-mails and telephone calls. Told him "You are wasting your time. It's with Ofgem now for bullying and harassment". He replied in an 'Oh FFS, sh@t is going to happen' voice "There was no need to do that Mr 4ma. I'll mark your account as opted out and we won't bother you again". Twunts!!
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#804 Post by OFSO » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:55 pm

Waited and waited and waited for estate agent to turn up, finally decided to have lunch as getting late. And just as we were tucking into the dessert of apple and raspberry sponge, "ring ring" at the front gate...wanker !

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#805 Post by CremeEgg » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:59 pm

Gas Board contractors again. Contractors doing a surprisingly good job but so slow.

Next door have large metal sheet placed over hole in road so they can still use their drive. Been like that for a week - no problems - a lip of about 10mm above the road surface. What looked like a H&S audit man turns up this morning in a sparkling new hi viz vest and makes contractors put a dribble of blacktop around the edge of the sheet. Not compacted and disturbed every time the sheet is moved. So bits of tarmac now spread liberally over the road and by default our driveway.

Later on contractors move the compressor for their jack hammers onto the very wide grass verge where no one walks. Guy then spends ten minutes collecting plastic barriers from up the road and placing them all around the compressor and another five minutes trying to get them all interlocked so we walk into the barriers rather than the compressor. The compressor a highly visible bright yellow thing about 6 foot long and 5 foot high - that one is unlikely to walk into - as no one walks across that bit of the wide verge. I'm sure I'd sustain more injuries walking into plastic barriers with rails and posts than a nice smooth cased compressor with nothing sticking out.

Mr H&S Audit had no answer when I suggested he should have visited after the weekend when all the plastic barriers were blown over.

Little wonder Britain has such a low productivity rate. H&S my ass.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#806 Post by llondel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:54 pm

CremeEgg wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:59 pm
Little wonder Britain has such a low productivity rate. H&S my ass.
I was talking to a gas company employee some years ago. I asked him what they'd do if they turned up one morning and found a body in the hole they'd dug.

"First thing would be to check that all our barriers were intact and in position"

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#807 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:13 am

"First thing would be to check that all our barriers were intact and in position"
Taxying into Bombay, missed the lighted sidemarker indicating where to stop, but managed just in time to prevent ramming number 2 engine into the boarding ramp. First on board was a turbanned Sikh who looked out of the F/O's window and said, with accompanying head wobbling - " The lights were on, it wasn't our fault." No, I said, but you were all down there in front of me, watching, couldn't one of you at least crossed your hands over your head, to give me a clue. " We are not trained aeroplane marshallers" he said.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#808 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:25 pm

The E-on saga, next stage.

Ofgem have confirmed that E-on are talking bowlocks and no such directive has been issued to energy suppliers to chase customers for reasons for declining Smart meters. Just after Ofgem's e-mail arrived, a not-so-bright young thing from E-on rang again spouting their cr@p. I let him ramble on a bit and then said I would read him the text of Ofgem's e-mail. There was a few moments silence, a cough, an "errr" then he started off on his company's script. Now, I'm a mild mannered chap who normally switches off when the company blurb is being peddled but this time I interrupted this clown and, according to Mrs 4ma who was listening, ripped him several instead of just the one. Did he get the message?? Only time will tell.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#809 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Woody wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 am
Sitting in the Audi garage, whilst my Q3 has oil change and service, judging by the quote it’s obviously being performed by the Chief Pilot or equivalent as they say in Yorkshire “How Much “ :-o
Mrs C16’s Audi A3 Quattro came up with a “Service due in 28 days” on the MMI display. The 5 year extended warranty expires next month as well. Coincidentally she was advised by email from the local Audi dealer that the cambelt should be changed as the car is 5 years old next month and that the charge would be £495 instead of the website price of £575. Another email reminded her that the MOT is due but if she had the cambelt changed then this MOT and all future MOT’s would be free.
So I rang the Service Department. As usual I was unable to speak to anyone relevant as they were all too busy. An hour later comes the callback. No idea who it was who called as she failed to leave a name. I explained all the above.

Me: I know it makes sense to change the waterpump whilst you are diassembling bits to replace the cambelt.

Her: Yes, that will be £725 for those two items.

Me: That’s the website price. As I said, I have an offer by email of £495 for the cambelt change so how come the two items combined are the same as the combined non-discounted website price. It should be £645 to reflect the discount.

Her: £725 is what it says on my screen.

Me: No way! Check with your Manager please.

Her eventually: My Manager says the combined price with discount is £649.

Me: No it isn’t. The price of the waterpump fitting is £725-£575= £150. Add the discount cambelt fitting of £495 and that’s £645.

Her: Well that’s what my Manager told me.

Me: Okay, let’s leave that for a moment. What is the Service Due on the MMI relating to?

Her: That’s an Interim Service and costs £184.

Me: But your website says the cost is £170.

Her: £184 is what my screen tells me.

Me: What about a brake fluid change?

Her: What about it?

Me: Well it’s two years since it was done so it’s now due.

Her: Oh, is it, well that would be £65 if you want that done.

Me (now frustrated): Let’s terminate the conversation and I’ll come in and speak to someone to sort all this out.

I was going to suggest a Haldex AWD oil and filter change as it has never been done – should have been done at 3 years but the dealer never told me it was due - but gave up at that point. She wouldn’t know what Haldex was if it bit her on the backside. It wasn’t the caller’s fault – she just hasn’t been trained properly and probably has never seen under the bonnet of an Audi.

Oh for the days when you rang the Service Department and got hold of someone who knew the cars inside out and didn’t need a damn script in front of them. It was like talking to a BT customer “adviser” in India who sticks to the script and nothing but the script. I’ve no intention of going to the Audi dealer to sort this shambles out. Fortunately there is an independent garage not too far away I can use where the long serving mechanics are Audi trained. We used them for the last two cars once they were out of warranty. I’m waiting for a price from them but can confidently predict it will be slightly over half the price of the main dealer.

I really do object to paying inflated prices just so the employees can sit in their expensive offices and showrooms. Each time I take a car for service under warranty to the Audi dealer I make sure the screenwash is fully topped up to the correct strength. Each time they try to charge me for topping up the screenwash. Each time I point out they couldn’t have done it as it was topped up by me. I almost enjoy catching them out. The excuse is that it’s part of the standard service…so that must mean they charge a fixed amount regardless of whether an item needs doing. Pillocks!

Anyone fancy a new Audi A8 50 TDI quattro 286 PS Tiptronic? List Price £81,808. Offer price saves you £19,782 on that. Shows you what the mark up margins are!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#810 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:23 pm

The reason I have bought Ford after Ford after Ford is that Franz who runs the service department is a guy who knows the costs/charges inside out, let alone the engine. I invariably get freebies. Ordered latest car with tow bar, it arrived without, they ordered one up and fitted it with new computer, two day job as it involved removing and cutting rear valance. No charge for towbar or fitting. Services are all-in fixed price which never increases if I ask for additional work such as 'could you take a look at...'

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#811 Post by llondel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 am

If you find a good garage/mechanic then treasure them. We had one in the UK, 400 yards down the road, and we did once push a car there from the driveway when it refused to start.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#812 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:39 am

Feckin' BBC and other media giving airtime to some traitorous tart who thought ISIS was the best thing in the world and went to join the murdering scumbags. Now that the tide has turned she wants to come back to this country to raise her (as yet) unborn third sprog- no doubt demanding the tax-payer funded benefits from a system she so clearly disowned and despises. I would let her rot in the **** sandpit she thought was heaven but no doubt some huggy fluffy do-gooder will persuade our soft government to let her back in - they might even name a community centre after her in Bethnal Green.

Capetonian

#813 Post by Capetonian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:58 am

She should only be allowed back on the premise that once inside the UK she will be executed for treason.

On an unrelated matter, a few months ago I met a middle aged Yorkshireman, pleasant, mild mannered, nicely spoken, salt of the earth type, who has been taken advantage of by his loathsome scumbag employer (whom I happen to know by chance), paying him late, making him work longer hours without pay, and just generally treating him disgustingly. He has not yet been paid for January, despite his contract stating that he would be paid on of before the last Friday of each month. The guy is in his 50s, living in what is little better than a squat, and surviving as he best can. He will only accept help reluctantly, last night I managed to get him to let me cook him a pizza.

I know that sometimes when people end up in such situations, they have been a victim of their own poor judgement, and maybe he has, but it makes my blood boil to see someone treated like that by this smug young ***** who inherited all his money and just walks over people. However, the sweet smell of revenge is in the air!

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#814 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:03 am

. However, the sweet smell of revenge is in the air!

Looking forward to hear the details

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#815 Post by Hydromet » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:51 am

the sweet smell of revenge is in the air!
Noice! looking forward to reading all about it, especially with your imaginative talents applied to it.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#816 Post by ian16th » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:20 am

4mastacker wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:39 am
Feckin' BBC and other media giving airtime to some traitorous tart who thought ISIS was the best thing in the world and went to join the murdering scumbags. Now that the tide has turned she wants to come back to this country to raise her (as yet) unborn third sprog- no doubt demanding the tax-payer funded benefits from a system she so clearly disowned and despises. I would let her rot in the **** sandpit she thought was heaven but no doubt some huggy fluffy do-gooder will persuade our soft government to let her back in - they might even name a community centre after her in Bethnal Green.
I saw one quote where she 'simply wants to live a quiet life'.

So she should be asked how she plans to finance this quiet life!
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#817 Post by OFSO » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:25 am

Answer is obvious: the taxpayers will finance it. She's British and has a right to live in the UK.

What a bunch of idiots we are !

Octopussy2
Capt
Capt

#818 Post by Octopussy2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:53 pm

It's difficult not to feel a degree of sympathy for someone who, at the age of 19, has already lost two children and fears for her third.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#819 Post by 1DC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Perhaps you could Octo if the circumstances were different but she still supports Isis, when interviewed yesterday she appeared to have nothing but contempt for the Brits and only wanted to come home so that her unborn child would get a better life. Her child might deserve a better life but she deserves only what isis can give her and should never be allowed back into the UK..

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#820 Post by CharlieOneSix » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Sorry Octo - I totally disagree. My sympathies are with the families of the 22 tourists murdered by ISIS in the Bardo Museum in Tunis, the families of the 38 tourists murdered on the beach in Sousse, plus the two Scandinavian backpackers murdered in Morrocco and the innumerable prisoners executed by ISIS. The sight of their heads in bins didn't phase this criminal woman one bit and she has no regrets about her time with that murderous crowd.

Let her rot out there. That woman has given up her right to British citizenship in my opinion and should not be allowed back in the UK. She chose a life with ISIS and would have continued to live with them if they hadn't been almost wiped out. She made her bed, now let her lie in it.

At least it would be a difficult journey back to the UK as no airline will fly her at 9 months pregnant.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org