LAA and Tracey

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: LAA and Tracey

#21 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:19 pm
It would be like a Lieutenant Commander describing themselves as a Commander.
Actually I believe they do.

All Generals rather than Major-General, Lieutenant General etc. Ditto Colonel. Was James Bond a Commander or Lt Cdr?

And some wives have certainly been Mrs Squabbling Bleeder . . .
I think that you are correct you can drop the first part of the rank in the RN and Army but not sure about the Royal Air Force. I don't think that you can refer to a Royal Air Force AVM as an Air Marshal.

I am sure that Bond was a Commander not Lt Cdr.

My first wife never carried my rank on her shoulder. That used to really piss me off when wives did that. Mrs Ex-Ascot had her own very well deserved rank.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Going to a Rotary meeting Monday, presentation on the Lincoln Bomber Command Memorial by an Air Marshal. He was a 2* AVM. Simply I think just less of a mouthful.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:25 pm

The correct abbreviation for Lieutenant Commander is Lt Cdr, not Cdr.

A Cdr is a Commander, not a Lieutenant Commander.

Similarly, it would be wrong for an army Sergeant Major to describe himself as a Major.

Beef Raiser
ATPL
ATPL

#24 Post by Beef Raiser » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:28 am

Similarly, Hon Lt Cdr Royal Navy Reserve is not Royal Navy.

The odd word carefully lost here and there makes a huge difference.

Flintstone
Snr FO
Snr FO

#25 Post by Flintstone » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:38 am

Oh how I wish I'd been a member of this forum while all this was going on.

I confess that I was one of the LAA members who attended the meeting two and a half years ago and voted that the award be rescinded. TCT was not happy, she was very unhappy indeed and when the vote was under way she turned from the front row to glare at those of us who voted against her. Her little entourage of cravat-wearing gentlemen of a certain age (they looked like Tarquins to me) were this >< close to calling us cads, bounders and mountebanks. Oooooh, they were jolly batey.

We thought we'd seen the last of her but just like those things that won't flush she bobbed up again two years later. It's likely she was hoping to make the Homours List but with a scandal like this hanging over her she'd no chance. The fillum of her trip would also not sell so well if she went down in aviation history as a ****.

This time we were ready for her and a few of us spent a couple of months countering her claims in the media with emails and phone calls to editors, journos and presenters. There was no doubt they'd swallowed her story. She's a very good story teller if the audience knows ****-all about the subject. By contrast with her media love bomb I was present when she appeared as the surprise guest at a dinner where the audience were mainly pilots. Without exception they sat agog at her utter fiction of flying over the Dome On The Rock at 200' and listened incredulously to her stories of (for example) a "black air traffic controller" berating her for busting the zone at Victoria Falls and in a neighbouring country overflying the presidential palace despite it being in a Restricted Zone. When de-briefed and told what she had done wrong she claims to have said "You know what? If you wanna create an international incident go right ahead". Clearly strings were pulled to get her out of there. Later on in another country a similar thing happened however the crew of her support aircraft were not so lucky and were detained for several weeks.

One pilot was so nauseated by her utter bollocks he decided to leave. Unfortunately he was stuck in a corner of the room so he simply opened the window and climbed out. :D

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Boac » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am

One pilot was so nauseated by her utter bollocks he decided to leave. Unfortunately he was stuck in a corner of the room so he simply opened the window and climbed out.
- if you can, please pass a note of my admiration for that man.

Flintstone
Snr FO
Snr FO

#27 Post by Flintstone » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am
One pilot was so nauseated by her utter bollocks he decided to leave. Unfortunately he was stuck in a corner of the room so he simply opened the window and climbed out.
- if you can, please pass a note of my admiration for that man.
I will. I refused to talk to him for a while because the bastard spent the rest of the time she was speaking taunting me from the bar via text.

I'll have to upload the video to a site somewhere one day so everyone can revel in the tales of her 'solo' exploits.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:50 pm

It sounds emetic. Image

Flintstone
Snr FO
Snr FO

#29 Post by Flintstone » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:50 am

The lady is a total scoundrel but she has a 'je ne sais stonk' (or after a projectile vomit like that, should it be stink)?

I am only being Caco guys! She is obviously a shameless social climber and a roguette and a very naughty girl!

=))

Caco

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#31 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Please don't start me off again about this stupid bitch.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.