The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#4681 Post by Woody » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:25 pm

I’m sure that Ben and others will refute this :((

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Slasher

#4682 Post by Slasher » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 am

Worth a look at Ben and Seen. This guy's a bit young but makes a point. I don't think it'll backfire and Trump should initiate it. As soon as California goes broke (and throw in a good dose of gang violence and the odd islamic rape or 50) these Liberal twits will welcome ICE with a red carpet.

Not that anyone cares a sh!t what Cher or any other Hollywood dork thinks.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#4683 Post by Stoneboat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:43 am

Not that anyone cares a sh!t what Cher or any other Hollywood dork thinks.
The Hollywood gang will eviscerate her for speaking the obvious.
Let's not forget that a few years ago when a famous director won an Oscar for the movie The Pianist. The famous director couldn't accept the award himself, he was exiled to Switzerland for getting a 13-year old drunk and screwing her up the a$$ in his hot tub. Didn't stop the stars from giving him a standing ovation though.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4684 Post by BenThere » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 am

The dichotomy is that the border wall is seen as President Trump's mantra and therefore must be opposed, vilified, refuted and ridiculed by 'the resistance' Democrats.

The other side of it is that having given support and credence to the total relaxation of border controls, like ICE and border control law enforcement, the policies they have implemented create new problems, like how and why do we support and accommodate increasing numbers of illegal immigrants at both great expense to our budgets and support of our own citizens, challenged by similar, if not greater adversities already existing. If I were King the needs of veterans in need would come much before the needs of illegal immigrants. But that's regrettably not the policy of either the Democrat party, sanctuary cities, or Congress.

As for Cher, I applaud the current viral quotes, but I'm reticent about jumping to her acclaim as she has shown her perfidy so many times in the past. Sonny Bono, her ex, was quoted as saying Cher was so stupid he convinced her that Mt. Rushmore was created by God to erode its slopes in the images of four American presidents. Whether it's true or not, it fits my narrative.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4685 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:29 am

The dichotomy is that the border wall is seen as President Trump's mantra and therefore must be opposed, vilified, refuted and ridiculed by 'the resistance' Democrats.
Instead of spouting your usual bollox, why don’t you learn from the Senators speech. X(

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4686 Post by BenThere » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:39 am

Would that be the Washington Senators?

By the way, study the usage of the apostrophe for 15 minutes. It'll do you good.

Further, rather than offer a counter-argument you consign the ideas and offering of my post as 'usual bollox'. That's too easy for you unless you are unable to engage with your own logic and better ideas. Never mind, though, it's typical.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4687 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:44 am

Autocorrect :((

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4688 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:49 am

BenThere wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:39 am
Would that be the Washington Senators?

By the way, study the usage of the apostrophe for 15 minutes. It'll do you good.
Still avoiding the link then !

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4689 Post by BenThere » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Your link video to a lightweight, obscure legislator's rant to an empty chamber wasn't, to my mind worthy of comment. He went from declaring how America has utterly failed to how great America is. I don't have time to waste on the nothingness of your link, Woody, with all due respect.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4690 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Maybe I’m not as expert in other countries as you are Ben, but this “obscure “ politician helped draft a $46 billion bill to help secure your borders, which received bipartisan support in the Senate, but was stopped in the House of Representatives by Republicans, included in the Bill was a plan for over 300 miles of wall between the IS and Mexico.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4691 Post by ian16th » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 pm
Nevertheless, the president-slash-marketing intern has a brilliant idea for airplane manufacturer Boeing in the wake of an Ethiopian Airlines crash that killed all 157 passengers on board and grounded the company’s 737 Max line: How about a rebrand?
I thought that Boeing had spent a lot of money and jumped through many hoops to NOT rebrand the a/c from being a 737.

Because if it wasn't a 737, but an XXX, the FAA would like Boeing to jump through even more hoops to certify the XXX a/c type.
Cynicism improves with age

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4692 Post by Boac » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Just shows you, ian - how useless this Chump is. You and I know about 're-branding' v the FAA, but............. A big ego with very little brain.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4693 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4694 Post by John Hill » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:41 am

What's this all about?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4695 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:01 am

Honest Gov't Bitches ... don't they even know how to spell Australian, or was it a play on "alien" ?

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4696 Post by BenThere » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:40 pm

What's this all about?
It's about the New York Times assiduously working on behalf of the US left wing to destroy President Trump. So far the effort has failed miserably.

Today President Trump is riding high, but the fight continues. On a positive note, the Democrat party, is putting forth a large slate of presidential candidates who I don't think stand a chance against President Trump as of today. But there are always black swans out there.

Surfing the net last night I took the time to look at archival post on here, and articles by 'respected' media regarding the whole collusion investigation over the past 2+ years. It gave me great pleasure. I love to see fools exposed. So many predictions of President Trump's demise have turned to dust.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4697 Post by Alisoncc » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:00 pm

BenThere wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:40 pm
So many predictions of President Trump's demise have turned to dust.
Along with America's international reputation. Congratulations.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4698 Post by John Hill » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Ben, the problem is that reality has a left wing bias.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Slasher

#4699 Post by Slasher » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:08 am

BenThere wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:40 pm
What's this all about?
It's about the New York Times assiduously working on behalf of...
Yes Ben I briefly saw online the "breaking news" list which only comprosed the expected usual media suspects - CNN MSNBC ABC Washington Post, NY Times...

Later I'll try to look at BNN PNN Tim Pool, Lucas ("aww mah goodnessss!") and Mark Dice to see what entertaining idiocy Don Lemonhead and Rachel Madcow had to spruke. :))

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4700 Post by BenThere » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:32 am

Along with America's international reputation. Congratulations.
America's reputation is highly subjective depending on which circles you travel. I've found, even in Mexico from where I'm posting, that President Trump, despite his stances on illegal immigration, is respected as a forceful leader.

Yesterday I had a conversation with a worker who was doing electrical work in my home, installing sockets and light fixtures in my house. This particular hard-working man said, "I wish we had a leader like him who could look at conditions in Mexico and direct corrections like Trump does." As an aside, this fellow, working his own business, installed six electrical outlets, chipping solid concrete walls and repairing them to like new, worked like a dog for a day plus two hours the next day. His bill, including the materials (sockets, wiring) was less than $120 USD. In Ann Arbor, my Michigan home, it would have been at least $1000 USD or more.

Mexicans, in my view, are sensitive to any indication that you might think they are inferior. But if you show decent respect, which I always try to do, they tend to be the most welcoming people you'll find anywhere. They are aware of what President Trump is fighting - it's as big a threat to them as it is to the US. The drug cartels, admittedly fueled by US drug demand, feeds on that, the profits of human trafficking, and extortion/corruption . It's a complex and difficult problem - and it takes as high a toll in Mexico as it does in the US.

Where I live most of the time, in Tulum, there is little crime, a rapidly growing expat community with the economic benefits that brings, and what I perceive to be ready friendship offered by the locals. For me, in this part of Mexico, today's ordeals are remote; that's the biggest reason I chose to build a nest here.