Jeremy Corbyn defends Shamima Begum's right to legal aid

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Jeremy Corbyn defends Shamima Begum's right to legal aid

#1 Post by om15 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Jeremy Corbyn has (quite predictably) argued that Shamima Begum is a British citizen and therefore is perfectly entitled to legal aid to fight her case to retain British Citizenship. If we agree with Corbyn it follows that as a British subject she is liable to be charged with high treason, this carries a life imprisonment sentence.
We could have a highly paid circus resulting in a costly imprisonment, or just tear up her passport and not let her in.

Am I alone in being alarmed that this madness, together with a firm support for prosecuting former members of the Parachute Regiment for arguable crimes committed 50 years ago, shows that Corbyn is completely unfit for office, despite apparently leading in the polls at a possible election.

This is only the tip of the iceberg if this malevolent and anti British Trot gains power, his ghastly imbecilic henchwoman Abbott was also this week trying to prevent the extradition of the criminal Assange, don't the public muse on all of this before they decide how to vote, apparently not.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Jeremy Corbyn defends Shamima Begum's right to legal aid

#2 Post by llondel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:18 pm

I sort of agree with him, because there should always be the right of appeal against a decision, and that lack of money should not prevent one from getting access to justice. However, if she does get back into the UK then she should be charged. That may still be preferable to her than being stuck where she is.

The soldiers should be left alone at this point, though. I do not believe it is in the public interest for them to be prosecuted at this point.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:21 pm

om15 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 pm
Abbott was also this week trying to prevent the extradition of the criminal Assange, don't the public muse on all of this before they decide how to vote, apparently not.
Whatever the cause, there are people who will support it - perhaps through ignorance - or even because they are revolutionaries.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by om15 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm

or even because they are revolutionaries.
Ah yes, revolutionaries, just what we need to spend our taxes for us.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by Stoneboat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 am

Paying her legal fees is nothing. The Canadian government paid one of the miserable sob's a cool 10.5 mil because he had been imprisoned in Gitmo for killing a US Army medic in the 'Stan, and while in Gitmo his rights as a Canadian citizen had been violated.

Slasher

#6 Post by Slasher » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 am

As a non-Pom I'm only offering an opinion. Have the bitch shot dead by an 'unknown assailant' and the problem goes away. Either that or have her barged off to Sweden at her own cost. The 'enlightened' Swedish govt will put her and her filthy offspring on the gravy train for life.

What would sh!t me off if I were English is the mere fact had the Daesh not be defeated the bumfcuk would still be baying for English blood to be spilt in horrific manner. She knew EXACTLY what she was getting into, and of course the only reason she wants to 'come home' is to save her own arse and bum off the welfare system.

Daesh were 'soldiers'? Hell no! They were murderous thugs trained in warfare. Their bitches are just as savage as the crap they married. They are NOT entitled to leniency nor mercy. That Begum piece of sh!t will only foster the Daesh philosophy straight out of the Koran to other islamics in England.

Regular real soldiers fighting for a country and who believed they were fighting the good war and lost are a different case. Yes, a nation's character is defined by how it respects those who do not deserve respect. If ex-Daesh returned 'home' at the height of the Caliphate's power and admitted they really screwed up, remorseful etc then ok. Throw 'em in the slammer with hard labour for 20 years. But in this case no - except capital punishment for extremely high treason.

Let the ragheaded moll and her kid rot in Syria. Corbyn (and that ugly fat black thing) should go there too and keep her company.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:19 am

She's a complete idiot.
Listening to the radio yesterday, it seems she was part of the 'morality police' during here time there. So a complete fcukwit IMHO.

But...the money doesn't matter. The UK pisses that much away every nanosecond.
Stripping her of citizenship is quite a big deal though, and that would benefit from being tested in Court.
Can a state do that legally, or not?

I don't think many would weep if she met with a nasty accident out in Syria, and many would say she deserved it and brought in on herself.

Stupid bitch.

Capetonian

#8 Post by Capetonian » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 am

She should be eliminated from the face of the earth, along with Corbin.
Bottom feeding lowlife scum.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:46 am

To lose one child is unfortunate, to lose two is careless, to lose three, some one is telling something.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by probes » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:09 am

om15 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Am I alone in being alarmed that this madness...
no, your're not, but unfortunately there seem to be too many who prefer to forget the victims, be it gang rapes or whatever, and hope to earn from protecting the nasty ones.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by boing » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:08 am

Corbyn is just playing to his audience.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:23 am

Capetonian wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 am
She should be eliminated from the face of the earth, along with Corbin.
Bottom feeding lowlife scum.
Steady up man. Look what shooting paintballs did for 3 Para, poor old Alison might be dragged off to Canberra and have the thumb screws put on.🤕

Capetonian

#13 Post by Capetonian » Sat May 04, 2019 2:56 am

IS bride Shamima Begum would "face the death penalty" for terrorism if she came to Bangladesh, the country's foreign minister has said.
Suddenly Bangladesh goes up in my opinion.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by ian16th » Sat May 04, 2019 9:26 am

Capetonian wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:56 am
IS bride Shamima Begum would "face the death penalty" for terrorism if she came to Bangladesh, the country's foreign minister has said.
Suddenly Bangladesh goes up in my opinion.
Didn't she go off to fight for and to support those that want to implement Sharia Law?

So she must believe in it and want it applied to her.

Or is my logic faulty?
Cynicism improves with age

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by Boac » Sat May 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Why don't we just tell her to go to the ISIS embassy and ask for a passport?

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun May 05, 2019 7:09 am

I understand the merits of Democracy and how to treat your enemies with solid rules, decency and all that. However I fail to see how you can beat an enemy and protect your people when the enemy applies the rules as it fits them.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by John Hill » Sun May 05, 2019 9:05 am

Are there any countries in this modern world who fight 'by the rules'?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 am

Cynic. There probably are. Most recent was the Indian/Pakistan shoot down. While Iraq did not abide with the GC on prisoner handling they did obey some rules. It is non-State actors that do not abide by the Convention. I expect the more intelligent are aware of the principles but the foot soldiers are probably in total ignorance.

I would need to check but suspect masking and handcuffing is not permitted. I do know that a POW should be allowed to retain his helmet, at least in the combat zone.

I think the UK is (or was until recently) very hot on POW or MIA stopping pay immediately one was posted missing lest there was an over issue of pay. :(

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by OFSO » Sun May 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Fighting by the rules: what rules ? I was intrigued recently to hear that a couple of elderly chaps in a rather nice home for the elderly received three-monthly visits from men, neither friends nor relatives, who were interested in whether these gentlemen were losing their marbles and becoming liable to blabbing about their former careers. Both of these men had been employed on strictly classified research ops. I asked my nearest and dearest (or equvalent) who knows more than she should.......what would happen to these old blokes should they happen to discuss their former careers and she said"don't ask". Rules? What rules ?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Undried Plum » Sun May 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Governments should never turn their backs on the rule of Law.

She is not a citizen of Bangladesh and has never applied for citizenship of that country. Stripping her of her citizenship would make her stateless and that's against the rules which we have signed up to.

Another rule is that we do not deport people to a country where that person is likely to face the death penalty for an alleged crime.

In view of the fact that the Bangladesh government has openly declared that she would probably face the death penalty under their rules of guilt by association, it is clear that we cannot deport her.

Therefore we are stuck with her as a citizen. The only choice we have is whether to persecute her for what she did as a minor or not. With the extreme adverse publicity it is clear that she could never have a fair trial by jury in the UK. That leaves setting up a political showtrial by hand-picked Judges and we've seen the enormity of the miscarriage of Justice which occurred when Scotland did that in the PA103 case.