Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#1501 Post by Wodrick » Wed May 15, 2019 8:18 am

Just bought a blood sugar test device as new GP (to be changed) is NFI.
"Ready to use straight from the box" it says except in tiny writing on the box "test strips sold separately"
Nothing in the description on Big River.

Arrghhhhhh.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1502 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed May 15, 2019 2:40 pm

478,000 junk e-mails in the last two days. Just hope our IT guy can sort it out. The whole system is blocked.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1503 Post by 4mastacker » Wed May 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Wodders,

You'll be doing even bigger rants when you find out the cost of the test strips. Oh!...and don't forget the test solution so you can calibrate the machine....and it's lifed for three months/90days from opening.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1504 Post by Wodrick » Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 pm

I have it's disgusting, I'm wondering if they are available on scrip here. Are they not in the UK ?

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1505 Post by Alisoncc » Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 am

Here in Oz the strips are heavily subsidised for the first six months. Will extend if GP signs off on it. Three months back bought 2 boxes of 100 - Accu-Chek Performa, only cost me a few dollars.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1506 Post by 4mastacker » Thu May 16, 2019 6:20 am

Wodrick wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 pm
I have it's disgusting, I'm wondering if they are available on scrip here. Are they not in the UK ?
I get my strips and lancets on prescription for the blood testing machine provided by my GP. If I purchase another model, then I have to pay for the strips and lancet. Like lots of things, the strips may not be interchangeable between machines. Even a company like Life-scan doesn't use a standard test strip for its range of devices.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1507 Post by 1DC » Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am

Mrs 1DC gets her machine and strips free from the GP, here in the UK, the machine is replaced every couple of years. If she wants a different machine she has to buy it herself and fall out with the GP because they still supply the strips but they are expensive for most non NHS machines. She is happy with the NHS machine..
Was supposed to take elderly sister to hospital first thing this am for an X Ray, but when i arrived to collect her she wasn't very well and felt sick so i put her to bed and cancelled the appointment. An hour later she felt better and got up and made her bed with great precision, not a crease anywhere. Considering she has severe dementia not a bad effort. Rebooked her visit for next week but decided on the afternoon as she usually feels better in an afternoon.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1508 Post by CharlieOneSix » Thu May 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Having completed the transfer of my website and emails from one host to another I contacted the former and asked them to deactivate my account. Even though there was time to run until August I wanted to leave as I really wasn't impressed with their support or their renewal terms. Ripping me off would be an understatement. Today I received the following email:
Dear C16

Thank you for getting in touch with us. After our conversation i put forward for your account to be deactivated. Unfortunately you still have active services on the account until August.

Under new gdpr law we cant remove a paid service from an account until it has lapsed.

Hope this helps
Many thanks
Un ffing believable. How the hell does gdpr protect me in this case when I want my details removed from their system! ~X( The world has gone mad!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Capetonian

#1509 Post by Capetonian » Thu May 16, 2019 2:52 pm

I suspect it's total KaknCrap and they've made it up. Rather like the UK car rental company who when I had a dispute with them over their Ts and Cs on 25 June 2016, told me that the Ts and Cs didn't apply any more because "they only apply in the EU, and the UK left the EU yesterday".

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1510 Post by CharlieOneSix » Thu May 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:52 pm
I suspect it's total KaknCrap and they've made it up......
I agree with you. I have made a formal request to the company under Article 17 of the GDPR which states that individuals have the right to have personal data erased. Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which it was originally collected or processed for. They have one month to reply.

There are times when the right to erasure does not apply. I can see no circumstances in the regulations where they could utilise that. I shall enjoy getting my teeth into this!!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1511 Post by G-CPTN » Thu May 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1512 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 am

A bloody tourist sitting here at a taverna table with her own bread, tin of salmon and sprite. Has ordered nothing. I will put a £100 on it that it is a frog. How can anyone behave like this. Pity the owner is not here he would kick her down the street.

I was just waiting for her to leave all the debris on the table but she has cleaned everything up including the crumbs. Now she is using the loo here and washed the fork in there she brought with her. I suppose we are lucky she wasn't sitting in my Chair.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1513 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 am

Wrong Spanish.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1514 Post by OFSO » Fri May 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Time to institute the German practice of "Stammtisch". Get some signs on stands made up, put them on chairs/tables. In Hessen Germany if you sit uninvited at the Stammtisch you vill outside be taken und shot. In Bavaria you will mit der Schnapps beastly drunk be made and then outside be taken and in the horses drinking-trough be gethrown.

The Sunday Lunch Club at the Empuriabrava Restaurant Noray which is embedded in the Very Grand Russian hotel, restaurant presided over by chef Aaron from Manchester (ex Savoy Hotel Grill Room) has a president (the Ayatollah, SAT diving manager, currently in Saudi, drilling for oil) and a vice-president, UK/SA, responsible for coordinating regulars and guests and interfacing with chef Aaron for menus. French are admitted on trial basis only and given permanent residency at the table if they pass the Yorkshire Pudding Test. Tomorrow, Saturday, we are also there for an all-German do, hoeffendlich Schweinehaxe mit Kraut und Himbeer, then Sunday again for Roast Beef and Yorkshire.

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1515 Post by ricardian » Fri May 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Wodrick wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 pm
Everything is free for me a type 2 diabetic for 7 years and now on Metformin & Insulin. Free meter, free lancets & test strips, free insulin pens & needles. Excellent diabetes nurse who is type 2 herself.
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1516 Post by Wodrick » Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Ah but you live in medical paradise compared to Spain, where the facilities are good but Little English is spoken.
The Fluent English speaker in the Pharmacy was not present today so my question was unanswered but there is time.
I am only on Metformina and at the same level as when my previous GP was testing me weekly.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1517 Post by G-CPTN » Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 pm

I read that those with diabetes using insulin are entitled to free prescriptions - but must have an exemption certificate.
Of course, those over the age of 60 are entitled to free prescriptions in England and prescriptions are free for all in Scotland.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1518 Post by OFSO » Sat May 18, 2019 6:05 am

Everyone goes private in this part of Spain and the doctors and dentists are German, qualified in Germany, or in the case of my dentist, married to a German. And all speak English. I don't even know where a Spanish health service practice is. Of course the pharmacist are the experts !

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1519 Post by Woody » Sat May 18, 2019 7:30 am

17th May and the central heating was on :((
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1520 Post by OFSO » Sat May 18, 2019 8:23 am

CH also on here in Spain, electric towel rails too.Ten ack emma and 13° out.