This is a poll. Who will be UK's next PM?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts

Who will be the UK's next PM?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:01 pm

Michael Gove
11%
Jeremy Hunt
8%
Sajid Javid
No votes
Boris Johnson
50%
Andrea Leadsom
5%
Esther McVey
No votes
Penny Mordaunt
5%
Dominic Raab
18%
Amber Rudd
3%
Liz Truss
No votes

Total votes: 38

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: This is a poll. Who will be UK's next PM?

#201 Post by Woody » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:25 am

I think that we have had enough languid Ex Etonians in Government, we need a good used car salesman or someone with a good track record of running successful Bingo Halls to get us out of this mess with the EU.
Isn’t that what Nigel said at his ego Brexit Party launch and promptly introduced a Rees-Mogg as his first candidate L-)
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#202 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:09 am

om15 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 am
When Blair became PM I instinctively didn't trust him, I thought that he was false and dangerous and was surprised that others didn't see the same, I have the same feeling with Boris.
Nigel is giving a crisp, clear idea of his position, his plan and how he will go about it, this has resulted in a large exodus from the traditional Tory supporting electorate, I feel rather insulted that the Tories think that a main reason for electing him PM is to attract my vote back.
Here is his ideas on his potential premiership,

" I,I,I eh eh, listen, I, I, I, Quod in ludo mentis scriba, err, err, I, I, Cornish pasty, err, err …. hurrah."

It might well be that on 31st October we will be waving union jacks, eating pasties and small children will be excitedly running around in Boris wigs as we vacate the EU, but I doubt it.
Con man.

I think that we have had enough languid Ex Etonians in Government, we need a good used car salesman or someone with a good track record of running successful Bingo Halls to get us out of this mess with the EU.
Sometimes, you get tantalisingly close to reality, notably with Boris, but then, alas, the siren calls and your delusions overtake your logic.

About Nige and your adulatory praise .......and plans. Thus far, nothing called a manifesto has been made public, probably because there isn't one that could be classed as even remotely factual. I had a look on Google and found this..you'll excuse me for saying I didn't click on the link because heaven knows, even with Norton's expertise, I wouldn't like my PC to become infected.

" Let's fight for democracy. Politics is broken. Enough is enough. We need to change politics for good. Let's put the principles of Trust, Honesty and Integrity "

Now nobody would readily equate Nige with any of the above so that's hardly an auspicious start.

I recommend "Greggs " pasties, also "Ginsters " and those from a local bakery, wot obviously you wouldn't be able to get, for your culinary celebrations.

Sadly, or rather thankfully, when it comes to the used car salesman criteria, "Honest Ernie " Marples is no longer available.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#203 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:10 am

Wrong answer guys.

Boris has his faults, and they are all too real, but they don't matter in this case.

He's popular amongst Londoners, and affable.
He's actually a Conservative.
Most folk can see themselves enjoying a beer with him.
He's not totally toxic, like almost all the others.
I could go on.

Against him, he's told fibs. But then again, from a politician, it's not exactly shocking is it?
He's been pumping different women, again, folk are not surprised, he's not exactly the first....

Boris may well go on to lose the next GE to Farage, but he's still the Tories best bet by far, and he may even win it.

Boris has put 'no deal' firmly back on the table, and rightly so. Negotiating a deal with your adversary, without the option of leaving without a deal if negotiations fail, is impossible.
And idiotic.
Imagine trying to negotiate to purchase a car, after you've told the salesman you will definitely buy the thing.
Even in simple deals, one reserves the right to walk.

Boris is flawed, but so is everyone.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#204 Post by Ibbie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:35 am

I recommend "Greggs " pasties, also "Ginsters " and those from a local bakery, wot obviously you wouldn't be able to get, for your culinary celebrations.
All beaten into a cocked hat by the meat and potato pies of the now defunct UCP. Delicious even eaten cold after a few glasses of draft Bass in the Wine Lodge.

Then of course you must also look at Hollands selection. Not as good now as in days gone by.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#205 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 am

Ibbie wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:35 am
All beaten into a cocked hat by the meat and potato pies of the now defunct UCP. Delicious even eaten cold after a few glasses of draft Bass in the Wine Lodge.

Then of course you must also look at Hollands selection. Not as good now as in days gone by.
Oh please ! One is a "Holland's " disciple born and bred.....one has long been a consumer of heaven on a plate, to wit, "Holland's Steak and Kidney pudding, with chips, and mushy peas ( gravy optional ) ...Boddingtons mandatory however. The rest of their product range has also been sampled, many times, over the years.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#206 Post by Magnus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am

BoJo is likely to walk it. I think some contenders will withdraw after today's first vote.

K'n'C, you can keep your list of pastie comestibles. My vote goes to Bain's (of Stenhouse Cross) mince and gravy pies. Delicious.

Incidentally, I once asked for mushy peas with fish'n'chips and was served garden peas which had been blitzed with a hand blender. Sacrilege. Especially as it was in the Anstruther chippie which is reckoned to be one of the best.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#207 Post by Woody » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:06 am

Confidently predict that No Deal Brexit will go the same way as Boris’s other great successes, Estuary Airport, Garden Bridge, Water Cannons and his brilliant stint at the FCO.

Managed to find a pub serving Jock pie with beans and mash at the weekend, nearest thing to culinary heaven South of Bispham Kitchen :D

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#208 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 am

Confidently predict that No Deal Brexit will go the same way as Boris’s other great successes, Estuary Airport, Garden Bridge, Water Cannons and his brilliant stint at the FCO
+1

My breakfast everyday for three years at Kinloss was a Jock Pie with broon sauce, and a fag.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#209 Post by Woody » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 am

om15 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 am
My breakfast everyday for three years at Kinloss was a Jock Pie with broon sauce, and a fag.
Probably best to keep away from the Blood Pressure thread :D

Sisemen

#210 Post by Sisemen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Looks like BoJo swept the board on the first ballot. The rest not within coo-ee

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#211 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:07 pm

The only question is can the Remainers persuade enough colleagues to back two of their candidates and nick a couple of Boris's votes, and thus exclude him from the final two?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#212 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:30 pm

BoJo got 117 votes. Runner-up was Jeremy Rhyming-Slang with a mere 43 and last in that line powdered his nose with only 37.

Loathesome and that tasty totty bint got the boot, as did some bloke I've never heard of.

If Bo's minders can keep the duct tape on his gob for a whole month and persuade him to stick to their script on the few occasions they peel it off, it looks like he'll be a shoo-in. Persuading him to **** for five or six weeks is a hell of a task.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#213 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:29 am

Have watched a very interesting debate in which BoJo was in his element.

Murricanes (yes, I know, he is one technically) will not understand much of this.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#214 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:30 pm
BoJo got 117 votes. Runner-up was Jeremy Rhyming-Slang with a mere 43 and last in that line powdered his nose with only 37.

Loathesome and that tasty totty bint got the boot, as did some bloke I've never heard of.

If Bo's minders can keep the duct tape on his gob for a whole month and persuade him to stick to their script on the few occasions they peel it off, it looks like he'll be a shoo-in. Persuading him to **** for five or six weeks is a hell of a task.
It would appear the duct tape trick has been upgraded.....he's simply not going to appear !....well on C4 anyway. Now why does he remind me of those resort to the "ignore " function, or refuse to answer questions less they implicate themselves .....but. whilst he can be petulant and selective about a tv debate for the reasons stated, how will he cope, if, heaven forbid, he gets the job and has to start talking, and listening, to and with people who he doesn't like.....and who don't like him.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... v-hustings

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#215 Post by llondel » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Boris is probably learning from Trump - any time Trump appears on a news channel other than Fox, he embarrasses himself and the country. Perhaps Boris has learned.

I think what will happen is that he'll easily win the MP vote but will then lose the party vote to whoever comes second. That could be awkward.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#216 Post by FD2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm

PM Disqualifier.jpeg
PM Disqualifier.jpeg (52.57 KiB) Viewed 843 times

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#217 Post by 4mastacker » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 am

Have a massive 'like' for that. Alison, why can't we have a 'Like" or a "Funny" icon??
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Sisemen

#218 Post by Sisemen » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:14 pm

^^^^^ :-bd

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#219 Post by 4mastacker » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Sisemen wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:14 pm
^^^^^ :-bd

That's even better. :-bd
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#220 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:17 pm

Dominic Raab got the bullet today.

Daft prat had threatened to prorogue Parliament. Not the best way to get fellow parliamentarians onside, methinks.

The Capuchin boy is doing well though.

BoJo is storming it. He got more votes than Rhyming-Slang and Gove and Ravi Shankar combined.