Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Climate Disruption.

#521 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:33 am

Slasher wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:11 am
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:37 pm
All bringing Mrs Slocombe's pussy to mind...
Y’know Gob...Mrs S always raved about her pussy but we never ever got to see it did we. Maybe a good thing we didn’t. All that amount of time she spent feeding and stroking it would’ve made it fat and ugly. :-q
Captain Slasher I agree, probably best that we never did get to see her pussy! =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Sisemen

#522 Post by Sisemen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:10 am

"Environmental officials warned 30 years ago the Maldives could be completely covered by water due to global warming-induced sea level rise.

That didn’t happen. The Indian Ocean did not swallow the Maldives island chain as predicted by government officials in the 1980s.

In September 1988, the Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported a “gradual rise in average sea level is threatening to completely cover this Indian Ocean nation of 1196 small islands within the next 30 years,” based on predictions made by government officials.

Then-Environmental Affairs Director Hussein Shihab told AFP “an estimated rise of 20 to 30 centimetres in the next 20 to 40 years could be ‘catastrophic’ for most of the islands, which were no more than a metre above sea level.”

The article went on to suggest the Maldives, along with its 200,000 inhabitants, could “end” sooner than expected if drinking water supplies dry up by 1992 “as predicted.”

September 2019
IMG_8745.JPG
IMG_8745.JPG (112.75 KiB) Viewed 381 times
IMG_8699.JPG
IMG_8699.JPG (110.68 KiB) Viewed 381 times
IMG_8694.JPG
IMG_8694.JPG (65.59 KiB) Viewed 381 times

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#523 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:06 pm

Isn't there a problem with the models used that are not reliable enough to accurately forecast the future climate.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#524 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:11 pm

No, no, no, no, no.
OK, yes ;)))

And of course putting highly precise 1.5 degree rise limits on top of already inaccurate and imprecise models is just, well, scientific nonsense.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/11/23/ ... -is-kaput/

Let's be blunt here, whatever credibility the AGW scientists had has been completely lost by backing such obvious BS. This really is the endgame of this charade, which is why its adherents are getting ever more hysterical.

Slasher

#525 Post by Slasher » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:31 am

Yeh but Fox the AGW religion itself will continue for quite a long while till Unwashed snowflakes everywhere find something else “to give meaning” to their ***** idiotic lives.

And you can bet the communist global collective will not let it go down without a dirty gutter fight first. They will use every filthy obscene trick in the book and then some.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#526 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:59 am

Slasher alternatively some serious lobby would be needed to explain how badly our lives would be affected (without meaningful impact on the AGW) if their ideas succeed.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#527 Post by BenThere » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:50 am

Looking at the pics above, I can't help but hoping the owners of such properties, convinced that climate change will make them too hot or underwater, will desert them in droves, driving their prices down in a panic. When that happens, I'll be buying some beachfront in Tulum, happily waiting for the deluge.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#528 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:35 am

The US has pulled out of the Paris Accord and is running a trade war. China and India don't have to play climate suicide. Whatever arm-waving goes on, the climate restrictions will collapse elsewhere when jobs start being lost, and/or power blackouts become common- 5 years tops.

Sisemen

#529 Post by Sisemen » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:54 pm

BenThere wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:50 am
Looking at the pics above, I can't help but hoping the owners of such properties, convinced that climate change will make them too hot or underwater, will desert them in droves, driving their prices down in a panic. When that happens, I'll be buying some beachfront in Tulum, happily waiting for the deluge.
The point is Ben, that despite constant warnings of gloom and doom the waters surrounding the Maldives have not altered one jot and the locals are laughing up their sleeves once they’ve got over being bemused.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#530 Post by BenThere » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:52 pm

Sisemen, I apologize for failing to acknowledge the constant wisdom of your posts. Your contribution is valued, read and considered by me, always. Please keep it up.

As regarding your latest, I agree. I spend a lot of time around Tulum, in the Quintana Roo state of Mexico. Around there the only time climate changes is when a hurricane comes through, about once every 20 years. My home is built to withstand hurricanes and I actually look forward to riding the next one out as I have a bulletproof shelter, excellent full-time neighbors for company, generator powered electricity, bottled water. and a healthy stash of Scotland whisky, with ice. I'm pretty sure we'll survive nicely. Our womenfolk partners are epicures and will prepare elegant survival dishes to sustain us all. I've been in a bunker before and it's really not all that bad in the right company, in fact, it's an adventure, which invigorates the soul.

The array of climate change cultists only present a smorgasbord of options to bet and invest against them, as I regard that whole movement as a ship of fools.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#531 Post by Boac » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:43 pm

Not being a cognoscenti, what is the forum opinion of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO)? Their latest report says:

"Using data from monitoring stations in the Arctic and all over the world, researchers say that in 2018 concentrations of CO2 reached 407.8 parts per million (ppm), up from 405.5ppm a year previously.

This increase was above the average for the last 10 years and is 147% of the "pre-industrial" level in 1750.

The WMO also records concentrations of other warming gases, including methane and nitrous oxide. About 40% of the methane emitted into the air comes from natural sources, such as wetlands, with 60% from human activities, including cattle farming, rice cultivation and landfill dumps.

Methane is now at 259% of the pre-industrial level and the increase seen over the past year was higher than both the previous annual rate and the average over the past 10 years."

1) Are they wrong? If so, what are the correct readings?
2) Would these gases have any effect on world climate?

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#532 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:19 pm

The second question is the most important one - as to know if we are chasing our tails.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#533 Post by Boac » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Yes, but if 1) is wrong, we might not need to worry about 2). We await the cognoscenti to pronounce.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#534 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:05 pm

How do they know what the 1750 levels were? Did they have precision monitoring equipment available in those days?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#535 Post by bob2s » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Naughty,naughty Stacker,the climate change mob will be around to see for asking questions like that.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#536 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 pm

I think you can extrapolate from other sources like trees.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#537 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:23 pm

I shall ask senior daughter when she visits this weekend - she's into environmental stuff 'n all that being an environmental scientist herself although she draws a line at the antics of ER when it comes to climate change.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#538 Post by Boac » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:45 pm

In # 532 I wrote:1) Are they wrong? If so, what are the correct readings?
2) Would these gases have any effect on world climate?
Lack of cognoscenti detected - another species extinction.................? :))

Capetonian

#539 Post by Capetonian » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:59 pm

Maybe someone here knows how many people are flying to Madrid for the COP (2019 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) conference next week. I have two family members who are going!

Slasher

#540 Post by Slasher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 am

Can I ask some questions about these Stinky Rebellion/Momentum morons esp in London please:

1. Do any of them actually do real work and earn a proper income? If so, what percentage? 5-6% maybe?

2. Are any of these protesting twits paid to march?

3. And are the rest on permanent Welfare benefits?

4. I notice there are older dorkbrains who one would think would be mature enough to see through the ***** and stay clear of the snowflake rabble. Are they retirees who are just plain bored?

Thanks.