Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#461 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:55 pm

Use the folks currently unemployed - withdrawal of benefits if they refuse to co-operate.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#462 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Coronabollocks
Right, so you now understand that you were incorrect to say that the Tory belief is that there is no such thing as society.
Oh dear, now you are being deliberately disengenous. Boris, has backed away from the traditional Tory position on society and the words of her holiness have not aged well.

I wonder what Mrs T would have said in regard to the actions of the toilet roll panickers and the young people clearing the shelves of grocery stores during pensioners shopping time. Would she have nodded and repeated her refrain, "yes people have to look after themselves first. It's not the job of government to tell people how to behave."

As my 89 year old father said, regarding the empty shelves in his local supermarket, "at least in the war we had ration books".
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#463 Post by Nick Riviera » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Jetex Jim wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:57 pm
Right, so you now understand that you were incorrect to say that the Tory belief is that there is no such thing as society.
Oh dear, now you are being deliberately disengenous. Boris, has backed away from the traditional Tory position on society and the words of her holiness have not aged well.

I wonder what Mrs T would have said in regard to the actions of the toilet roll panickers and the young people clearing the shelves of grocery stores during pensioners shopping time. Would she have nodded and repeated her refrain, "yes people have to look after themselves first. It's not the job of government to tell people how to behave."

As my 89 year old father said, regarding the empty shelves in his local supermarket, "at least in the war we had ration books".
Oh dear, it appears you are not intellectually able to understand the point here. I shan't waste any more time on this.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#464 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:26 pm

Attila the Hen really did say "There is no such thing as society".

She said it and she meant it.

Her audience, a gathering of Presbyterian ministers of the non-cabinet type, was ill-chosen, but her wider audience, the world far beyond the top of The Mound, got the message and some of us knew exactly what the sociopathic psychopath intended to do to Society.

In her dotage, in her last post-retirement tv interview I think, when asked what she considered to be her greatest success and legacy: she pointed to a photograph of Phoney Tony BLiar at the door of Number Ten; and said simply, with some evident fondness: "Him".

She'd have done as little as BoJo and Chump did in January when the nature and extent of this epidemic/pandemic became clear. She'd have tried to prop up the Stock Market.

What about the poor?

She'd have given the same answer as Chump:

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#465 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:50 pm

Oh dear, it appears you are not intellectually able to understand the point here. I shan't waste any more time on this.
One of the things that amuses me about this site is that people can run out of ideas but generally feel as though they must respond with something, no matter how lame.

How many other times have you used that line when you've got stuck?
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#466 Post by Nick Riviera » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:10 pm

Jetex Jim wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:50 pm
One of the things that amuses me about this site is that people can run out of ideas but generally feel as though they must respond with something, no matter how lame.

How many other times have you used that line when you've got stuck?
Suppose I'll have to drag myself back in to this now to answer your pathetic attempt at superiority.

One of the things that amuses me about this site is that people cannot accept they are wrong and try to squirm out of the situation by assuming that they know best.

I don't use lines when I get stuck - I accept I am stuck and admit my error. The fact you cannot speaks volumes.

Please feel free to respond with something, however lame.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#467 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:30 pm

Just keep on digging Nick.

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#468 Post by Nick Riviera » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:36 pm

Jetex Jim wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:30 pm
Just keep on digging Nick.
From the person who talks about lame responses.

I usually abide by the rule about arguing with fools but sometimes I succumb. Having realised that I shall now properly depart. Feel free to reply with whatever pithy comment makes you feel good about yourself.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#469 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Ok Nick I'll do the decent thing and let you have the last word.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#470 Post by Woody » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:59 pm

At least nobody’s mentioned Hitler.......DOH :(( :((
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#471 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:21 pm

We need a hamster wheel thread

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#472 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:25 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:21 pm
We need a hamster wheel thread
Heaven forfend that this friggin virus and lock down will last that long! =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#473 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:55 pm

I just thought we had a couple of hamsters here.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#474 Post by ian16th » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:52 pm

Jetex Jim wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:57 pm
And for 7 years after the war!

I took my Ration Book with me when I took the Queens Shilling in 1952.
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#475 Post by OFSO » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:31 pm

A rumour spread in Spain tonight that their severe lockdown was due to be extended until April 26th. Actually it's only been extended by seven days. A political decision, I feel, rather than because the situation is improving.

Seenenough

#476 Post by Seenenough » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:35 pm

"Feel free to reply with whatever pithy comment makes you feel good about yourself."

Dont worry Nick,there are a bunch of old ,self proclaimed rocket scientist soaks ,who hang about here unable to get over what they once were so they end up comming up with elementary school level humor that they laugh at themselves.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#477 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Italy has extended it to the 12th of April.

Statistically, the UK is about 15 days behind Italy in terms of deaths or infections (I can't remember which), so I guess we're hermits until the end of that month at least.

My expectation is that they'll ease the lockdown off gradually and in stages.

Seenenough

#478 Post by Seenenough » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:50 pm

“There is no sign that the Navy hospital ships that the president made such a big deal of, the Comfort and the Mercy, there is no sign that they’ll be anywhere on-site, helping out anywhere in the country, for weeks yet."
— Rachel Maddow/March 20

This is the BS the press spew endlessly, which the likes of Bo lap up like an under fed puppy.

My my ,how wrong did she get it.Mercy arrived almost a week ago in LA and Comfort docked today in NY

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#479 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:54 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:50 pm
Mercy arrived almost a week ago in LA and Comfort docked today in NY

So that's alright then.

No need to do the: Test; Contact Trace; Rinse & Repeat routine that was recommended by the WHO and which worked so well in China and Singapore.

Just fly the flag of militarism instead. Yeah, that'll work.

Seenenough

#480 Post by Seenenough » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:55 pm

"No, the Royal Navy Isn’t Sending a Hospital Ship to London
Contrary to some media reports, the Royal Navy’s casualty-receiving ship Argus is not deploying to London to bolster the city’s hospitals as the coronavirus continues to ravage the United Kingdom. That’s because Argus isn’t really a hospital ship." The National Interest

Really well equiped your Royal Navy appears to be.