The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#6421 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:06 am

But it must be, according to those who absolutely can nothing more than look longingly through the glass, occasionally licking it, I'm sure, at what we, Americans, are doing, Orange Man Bad.
What you mean is like a lab Rhesus monkey in the cage opposite watching, the unfortunate occupant in the cage opposite him, masturbating furiously in stress before he is taken off to be experimented upon!

You represent the inhuman side of a segment of your society, blind to conscience and care for its own people, let alone humanity.

You truly are an idiot troll aren't you!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6422 Post by John Hill » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:13 am

I have been to only two countries where the inhabitants are firmly convinced the rest of the world envies them!

USA and DPRK.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Seenenough

#6423 Post by Seenenough » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:29 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:00 am
While in the UK the fat greedy bastards short Britain by the pound...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 40581.html
Well ,by your definition Gob ,that makes me a greedy short bastard as I have managed to do OK over the last while by selling(shorting) covered calls as Taleb suggests we should.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6424 Post by llondel » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:13 am

Alisoncc wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:42 am
Reports Captain Crozier has tested positive for Coronavirus. Seems his correspondence was getting personal. Perhaps they wouldn't let him off the boat as well.
They should have leaked that at the time his removal was announced, then implied that he was being relieved because he was infected. Might have limited the PR damage a bit.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6425 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:59 am

The US Forces have an 'Honor Code'.
I heard that breaching it is one of the worst things a US military officer can do.

This Captain knew what he ought to do, so he did it.

Sounds the very definition of 'Honor', to me.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6426 Post by barkingmad » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 am

The Commander-in-Chief stars yet again;

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... c-response

To use that popular tech log phrase, “as previously reported”...

“I know more about screwing things up, big time, than anyone I know. Nobody knows better than I do about SNAFUIng everything. Next question, no, that’s enough questions, I’ve got a golf course to manage!”

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6427 Post by BenThere » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:11 am

TGG - I would caution against engaging in unfair battles of wits with our trolls
Given my assessment of the 'wits' involved, I grudgingly can't fault you for your tactical perception.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6428 Post by Boac » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:39 am

That's not a nice thing to say about.......... :))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6429 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:50 am

Boac wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:39 am
That's not a nice thing to say about.......... :))
Ben, one of the trifecta bum bet that is the troll tag team that operates here... the 3 T's as opposed to Stooges I guess.

Here we have Mo and Larry.. Ben, Brickhead and the other one whose name I forget and whose name may very well be Curly for all I know...

Sigh...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6430 Post by Boac » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:01 am

Just had this warning in the UK
"Bogus medical products claiming to treat, cure or prevent COVID-19 are being sold online - including self-testing kits, ‘miracle cures’ and other unlicensed medicines."

Presumably including snake oil as well. What's the betting boy Jared is busy snapping up all the licences for Hydroxychloroquine & Azithromycin for 'Trump Enterprises'?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6431 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:04 am

Boac wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:01 am
Just had this warning in the UK
"Bogus medical products claiming to treat, cure or prevent COVID-19 are being sold online - including self-testing kits, ‘miracle cures’ and other unlicensed medicines."

Presumably including snake oil as well. What's the betting boy Jared is busy snapping up all the licences for Hydroxychloroquine & Azithromycin for 'Trump Enterprises'?
Contra Indications - Taking hydroxychloroquine with other agents that can affect your heart rhythm may increase your risk of irregular heartbeat, which may be life-threatening.

An antiviral might make sense but this combination is not such and can be deadly.

Absolute lunacy.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6432 Post by ian16th » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am

If the Brits don't do it, the furriners will.
Cynicism improves with age

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6433 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:51 am

Hydroxychloroquine

I wonder if it as bad as mefloquine?

Last taken by me as Lariam in Mozambique in the early 80's...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537086/
Though still prescribed in most countries, both for preventing and treating malaria, Lariam is now known to cause neurotoxicity. ... The studies confirmed mefloquine's potential for causing psychological illness, and all three study reports described an excess of neuropsychiatric adverse effects in the mefloquine arm.
Oops! Iaaaammmm ooook! =))

Military's deadly malaria treatment
“Mefloquine, and many related quinoline anti-malarial drugs, induce an idiosyncratic intoxication reaction that is often preceded by subtle prodromal [indicating the onset of a conditions] symptoms that may be difficult for an individual soldier to identify, particularly in combat settings,” explains Nevin.

“This syndrome can begin with subtle mood or personality change, a sense of unease or foreboding and vivid dreams. With time, and particularly with continued dosing, this can progress to frank anxiety, confusion, restlessness or depression. In certain susceptible individuals, with time or continued dosing, the syndrome can then progress further to frank psychosis, with paranoia, delusions, hallucinations and depersonalisation.

“This psychosis is particularly frightening, and is associated with a risk of particularly grizzly violence and suicide. I often compare this toxic reaction to that illustrated in M. Night Shyamalan’s film The Happening. At its worst, mefloquine is a horror film in a pill.”
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6434 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:23 pm

President Trump spent a portion of Sunday’s press briefing yet again promoting an unproven treatment for the novel coronavirus, repeatedly asking, “What do we have to lose?” So toward the end, a CNN reporter turned to Anthony S. Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert, for his opinion on the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine with a sharper question: “What is the medical evidence?”

Standing at the microphone, Fauci opened his mouth — but before he could speak, the answer came out of Trump’s instead.

The unexpected interruption was an extraordinary moment even in this season of brash behavior exhibited by the president during his daily briefings. While Trump has been at odds with Fauci in the past, repeatedly clouding his administration’s public health messaging, the president has never shut down his top medical expert so abruptly and publicly before, intervening to keep him from answering.
Answer = None.

Trump = Nutcase.

In combination with

Azithromycin = An antibiotic, which is useless for treating a virus but may be used to treat bacterial infections that may arise in a virus infected patient (e.g. pneumonia).
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6435 Post by barkingmad » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:09 pm

A retrospective look at shortly after the great “I know more than anybody else” was elected a mere 3.5 years ago;

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... -tragedy-2

Fast forwards to the present times and the same author summarises thus;

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... oronavirus

And that one is from one month ago, before the latest performances in front of world cameras!

Not very confidence-inspiring are they?

Good news is the inmates are running the asylum.
Bad news is they’ve got the keys to the pharmacy!

Seenenough

#6436 Post by Seenenough » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:43 pm

Gob-
We all had report to "pill parade" and swallow those bitter little pills in front of the Company SM and Medic and then sign that we did.Can't remember if it was weekly or by weekly.

I cant't say that I ever felt a bad side effect.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Never met a nice...

#6437 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:46 pm

South African? American?

Actually this American chap, Scott, (from Jacksonsville Florida) and his South African wife, Cheryl, did a really nice thing for my son whose 29th birthday it is today, in Cape Town, where he is stuck indoors under lock down as are his neighbours for 6 months every year, as they alternate between the USA and Cape Town...

Sent to me by my ex-wife...
Meant to tell you that Cheryl and Scott, who play music from their garage across the road every night at 8, played Joachim a birthday song at 12 midday today to wish him a happy birthday, which was a really nice thing to do in isolation.
^:)^

I remain as ever, the ugly South African with respect to Scott from JAX and his wife...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6438 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:47 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:43 pm
Gob-
We all had report to "pill parade" and swallow those bitter little pills in front of the Company SM and Medic and then sign that we did.Can't remember if it was weekly or by weekly.

I cant't say that I ever felt a bad side effect.
I was mad before I started taking Lariam... o:-)

Never had any issues with it, although one of my friends caught malaria and still suffers recurrences of the illness to this day.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#6439 Post by Seenenough » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:44 pm

John Hill wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:13 am
I have been to only two countries where the inhabitants are firmly convinced the rest of the world envies them!

USA and DPRK.
Big difference, lots wanting to get into the US and many,dying to try and get out of DPRK

brickhistory
Snr FO
Snr FO

#6440 Post by brickhistory » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Big difference, lots wanting to get into the US and many,dying to try and get out of DPRK
I do believe the recent haul included one of them there princes of the UK. I know there's a thread on this already, but it makes my point here.
What's his plan? A Russian doesn't take a dump without a plan.