Chaos in USA

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in USA

#421 Post by Boac » Sun May 31, 2020 7:50 am

boing wrote:As satisfying as it may feel you cannot rush justice and if you screw up you face the consequences.
Remind me - who said Obama was 'guilty' of crimes?

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#422 Post by BenThere » Sun May 31, 2020 11:05 am

I think maybe I did.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#423 Post by Boac » Sun May 31, 2020 11:57 am

You as well.

Seenenough

#424 Post by Seenenough » Sun May 31, 2020 2:00 pm

The media are totally silent about the pandemic restrictions and requirements being totally ignored during the protests and riots.Masks being worn by the rioters and anarchists are to hide their identity and have nothing to do with the pandemic which is still going on.Where are Cuomo and de Blasio now to tell everyone to stay indoors to stop the virus spreading?

When people protested (peacefully and without rioting and looting )about the lock down there was plenty of complaining coming from the media because the restrictions and requirements were not being observed.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#425 Post by BenThere » Sun May 31, 2020 6:07 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... on-ar-15s/

The riots all over the US in urban Democrat-run cities are disheartening. They can turn a city on a downhill path from which it is difficult to recover. Worse, small businesses that support families and employees get wiped out. With 40 million unemployed already, we are in a bleak crisis.

It seems the military, both State-controlled National Guard and now 82nd Airborne active duty are being deployed to stop the carnage.

While I am about 15 miles from the skirmishes in Detroit, I read today in the Detroit Free Press (one of our two major newspapers) about how protesters have claimed they plan to head out to the suburbs and visit their destruction there. That caused me to take my 12 gage shotgun, .22 semi-auto rifle, and Kimber .45 semi-auto down to the basement to clean and oil to get ready.

I was even thinking of going down to my favorite pizza and sushi store sources to ask if they wanted any shotgun protection. They are both on Ford Road, our major commercial artery, much like Lake Street in Minneapolis (where I lived for three years), which is now quite ruined. Ford Road would be a similar, prime target if looting and arson contagion spread out here on the edge of Detroit.

Bottom line is that I'm going to stand watch if it's called for, sitting on my porch with a 12 gage, and if someone approaches my house with a torch or other weapon he's going to get some 12 gage lead in his chest. That's a manifestation and beauty of the US Constitution's 2nd Amendment.

Call me callous or cruel, but I believe anyone who would torch and loot a business, large or small, is scum who is not entitled to any consideration whatsoever.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#426 Post by Undried Plum » Sun May 31, 2020 6:18 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:07 pm
That caused me to take my 12 gage shotgun, .22 semi-auto rifle, and Kimber .45 semi-auto down to the basement to clean and oil to get ready.

I was even thinking of going down to my favorite pizza and sushi store sources to ask if they wanted any shotgun protection.
Such **** really do exist in a Murrica. I'm not kidding.

It's the way of life which they crave.

nomorecatering
FO
FO

#427 Post by nomorecatering » Sun May 31, 2020 6:54 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:18 pm
It's the way of life which they crave.
I remember how he expressed disappointment, on the other site, that he didn't get to use the little fort he had in his basement, one of the other times the downtrodden demonstrated against systemic oppression.

It is not not normal.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#428 Post by Undried Plum » Sun May 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Thing is: he's not alone.

There's thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of those crazies in a Murrica.

Seenenough

#429 Post by Seenenough » Sun May 31, 2020 7:40 pm

So Plumb, if someone is intent on forcibly entering into your house, while you are there, and then wants to set fire to it ,after stealing what he likes ,you must do nothing and stand aside and let them do what they want?

nomorecatering
FO
FO

#430 Post by nomorecatering » Sun May 31, 2020 8:18 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:11 pm
Thing is: he's not alone
True, in the last 10 years right wing terrorists have killed more people than Jihadi terrorists. It's been said the United States is a paranoid and violent society. Apparently none more so than those afraid of losing their privileges.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#431 Post by Boac » Sun May 31, 2020 8:24 pm

Seen - ring up your mate, tell him to try and act 'Presidential' (for a first), get his Sharpie out and issue one of dem executive orders and stick all 4 cops in jail. It might just defuse. What are a few white people as a sacrifice for the greater good? Then attack a 'Terrorist organisation' (or three) by all means, or just Tweet, of course and play golf.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#432 Post by Undried Plum » Sun May 31, 2020 8:29 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:40 pm
So Plumb, if someone is intent on forcibly entering into your house, while you are there, and then wants to set fire to it ,after stealing what he likes ,you must do nothing and stand aside and let them do what they want?
I don't live in your society, Seen.

I can, perhaps, commiserate with your pain over the fact that you do.

Here, in Britain, we who hold shotgun and firearms certificates do not do so with any intent to ever use those longarm weapons against a yooman being. Such a crazed mentality would actually preclude us from being so licenced.

That's one of many reasons why this is so much a nicer place to live than is yours.

For personal and property protection purposes, we use Teutonic varieties of canines. They are usually much more effective and are much more reliable than bangbangs.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#433 Post by Bob » Sun May 31, 2020 9:03 pm

Bbye America :-h
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#434 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun May 31, 2020 9:14 pm

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#435 Post by Undried Plum » Sun May 31, 2020 9:29 pm

Robert Reich speaks well.:

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#436 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun May 31, 2020 10:44 pm

Arizona curfew declared statewide for next week. ~X(
https://www.abc15.com/news/state/arizon ... s-at-8-p-m
Arizona curfew: Gov. Doug Ducey issues statewide curfew, begins at 8 p.m. :((

Several arrests were made in downtown Phoenix early Sunday morning as a third night of protests came to an end.

Governor Doug Ducey
By: abc15.com staffPosted at 1:19 PM, May 31, 2020 and last updated 3:13 PM, May 31, 2020
SCOTTSDALE, AZ — Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has issued a declaration of emergency, which includes a week-long 8 p.m. curfew that is set to begin Sunday night.

In a tweet, Ducey said he made the declaration "at the request of local leaders and in coordination with the state."

RELATED: What are the rules of Arizona curfew? See the details

"This gives law enforcement an additional tool to prevent the lawlessness we’ve seen here and in cities nationwide. Police will be equipped to make arrests of individuals who are planning to riot, loot or cause damage and unrest," Ducey said in his tweet.

According to the order, the curfew will be in effect from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., and will expire on Monday, June 8 at 5 a.m.

During the curfew hours, people are prohibited from "using, standing, sitting, traveling or being present on any public street or in any public place, including for the purpose of travel."

The most notable exceptions in the order extend to "individuals traveling directly to and from work; attending religious services; commercial trucking and delivery services; obtaining food; caring for a family member, friend, or animal; patronizing or operating private businesses; seeking medical care or fleeing dangerous circumstances; and travel for any of the above services."

Law enforcement and first responders are also exempted from the order.

The order describes a “public place” as either privately or publicly owned property that is accessible to the general public.

If found in violation of the order, a person can face a class 1 misdemeanor charge, punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of $2,500.

Doug Ducey

@dougducey
· 2h
NOTICE:

At the request of local leaders and in coordination with state and local law enforcement, I’m issuing a statewide Declaration of Emergency, with a curfew in place starting at 8:00 p.m. tonight and effective for one week. 1/

Doug Ducey

@dougducey
This gives law enforcement an additional tool to prevent the lawlessness we’ve seen here and in cities nationwide. Police will be equipped to make arrests of individuals who are planning to riot, loot or cause damage and unrest. 2/

1:08 PM - May 31, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
399 people are talking about this
The announcement comes hours after people damaged and looted restaurants and stores in Scottsdale. A dozen people were arrested during the looting, where crowds of people could be seen breaking windows and stealing items from businesses.

Claudia Rupcich
@ClaudiaRupcich
Scottsdale business owner & longtime community leader Bill Crawford responds to last night's riots at Fashion Square. Bill is asking that tonight, the government protects the ppl of Scottsdale so it doesn't happen again. @abc15

View image on Twitter
1:00 PM - May 31, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Claudia Rupcich's other Tweets
It also comes on the heels of a third night of protests in downtown Phoenix, which have primarily begun peaceful, but have evolved into violence and the destruction of property. More than 100 people were arrested after Saturday's demonstrations.

PP

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#437 Post by BenThere » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:46 am

True, in the last 10 years right wing terrorists have killed more people than Jihadi terrorists.
No, that's false. You can't label all the mass shooters as right wing terrorists, as has been done in the media. In fact, right wing activism is minimal.
Such **** really do exist in a Murrica. I'm not kidding.
I don't apologize. I'm going to protect my home and family, with arms if necessary. The US Constitution provides that right and I will exercise it if necessary. You can call me and my country names, but I'm quite happy with the Freedoms I have. I hope you're happy with the Freedoms you don't have.

Seenenough

#438 Post by Seenenough » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:44 am

"Former Obama administration national security adviser Susan Rice bizarrely suggested in a televised interview Sunday that the Russians could be behind the violent nationwide demonstrations following the in-custody death of George Floyd, although she offered no evidence for the incendiary claim.

Journalist Aaron Mate tweeted, "Apparently Susan Rice just told CNN that Russians might be backing or financing this week's protests in the US."

"You cannot make this sh-- up," added Eoin Higgens, a journalist at the progressive outlet Common Dreams, in a post retweeted by Mate. "F---ing deranged."

Never a dull momement over here, Plum.

I have no pain living here in the US.

You still have not answered.Will you just stand back and allow your home to be looted and burned hoping that your canine stops the intrusion?

From bitter personal experience in South Africa,dogs were not able to stop a home intrusion that I experienced.My Mossberg 12 bore pump gun was well up to the task, however.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#439 Post by Karearea » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:28 am

I find this dreadfully disheartening. What a mess.

Watch Live: LA County Has Curfew in Effect as Protests and Unrest Continues | NBCLA

Seenenough

#440 Post by Seenenough » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 am

Dumb asses seem to think they can overrun the White House.