Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Racism

#81 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:16 pm

boing wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:14 pm
John,

Thank you for confirming that Trump has never made a racist remark about Obama,

I did not confirm anything of the sort. I confirmed that I had not said what you claimed I had said.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#82 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Lars

I never even suspected that you were having a go at the USA. In any case as someone who lives here I can produce a much longer list of my complaints than you could produce in a year.

Story.

My wife, children and myself finally moved to the US.I had checked with the US Embassy in UK in London about the move. The fellow there looked at my UK passport and said I was fine since I had a US Visa valid for "multiple visits with an indefinite length of stay" - just don't take a job. At Seattle airport I am "impounded" over a Visa problem. I point out that I have a Visa saying "multiple visits with indefinite length of stay". The immigration officer simply said "I know what it says but it does not mean that." Doh.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#83 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:49 pm

I did not confirm anything of the sort.
For tidiness how about clearing the point up, has Trump ever, or never, made racist remarks about Obama or do I put you down as a "don't know"?
I confirmed that I had not said what you claimed I had said.
But what you did say is that somebody at the highest level subjected Obama to race based opposition. Tell me about it, I'm all ears.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#84 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:51 pm

Boing, you played your card and you do not get to play the same card again.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#85 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:28 pm

John,

The reason we are playing the cards again is because you refuse to answer a question raised by one of your comments. If you would just answer the question of who at the highest levels subjected Obama to race based opposition we could call it a night and go home. You can't just throw an unsubstantiated claim out on to the floor and walk away from it, well you can but that marks you as a shallow commentator. I have spent several pages trying to get you to justify one simple claim that you made and all you do is deflect and evade. One simple answer to one simple question is all it needs. Name names if you can John but you can't, you buried yourself by throwing out of your typical anti-right gut reaction response and now you can't get your foot out of your mouth. Your comment was ill-considered, inaccurate and unjustified and this is amply confirmed by your reluctance to provide a simple reply.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#86 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:32 pm

I did not say what you claimed I said.

I am sorry old chap but you have dug a deep hole and the smart thing would be to stop digging.

Bye bye.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#87 Post by boing » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:26 am

John

Here is exactly what you said, it is a quote from your post.
When Obama got to be POTUS he was subjected race based opposition from whites of the highest levels, why was that?
I said " If you would just answer the question of who at the highest levels subjected Obama to race based opposition we could call it a night and go home."

Who were the "whites of the highest levels"? The only name you supplied was Trump but you did mention "birthers".

How can you possibly say you did not say that, it's there in black and white.

You are avoiding the issue because you do not have an answer and walking away from a simple question proves it. You must have missed the fact that the digging I've been doing is to put the dirt in a pile so I can stand on it and see further.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#88 Post by John Hill » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:52 am

I did not say what you claimed I said.

I am sorry old chap but you have dug a deep hole and the smart thing would be to stop digging.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#89 Post by boing » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:49 am

Well John,

Since I thought I was quoting you verbatim and you are saying you did not say what I claimed you said I'm totally confused.

How about removing the mystery and tell me you think you said -- or what I should understand from what you said. I think???

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#90 Post by John Hill » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:20 am

Do you remember posting this?
You have made a statement that needs to be verified, that Trump has made racist remarks about Obama. That is the single subject of your claim, whether Trump made comments about his employees or Scottish golf courses is not relevant.
Your statement is not true yet your perverse logic somehow expects me to defend it?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#91 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:58 am

John Hill wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:20 am
Do you remember posting this?
You have made a statement that needs to be verified, that Trump has made racist remarks about Obama. That is the single subject of your claim, whether Trump made comments about his employees or Scottish golf courses is not relevant.
Your statement is not true yet your perverse logic somehow expects me to defend it?
Welcome to a Kafkasque world, where there are no facts, no empirical principles, no morals, no scruples, no truths except those, and the illogic, that Trump proclaims and then denounces John. Welcome to the world of the morally and mentally unwell. Where people are high on extreme nationalism, lies, bile, fear, racism and doubt. A world where where ignorance, and the repudiation of the truth is paramount.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#92 Post by John Hill » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:55 am

Where are you boing?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#93 Post by AtomKraft » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 am

My gentle, and sincere enquiry about why there are zero black athletes in Olympic swimming pools remains unanswered.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#94 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:35 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 am
My gentle, and sincere enquiry about why there are zero black athletes in Olympic swimming pools remains unanswered.
What is your point Atom? Are trying to prove some congenital, or genetic, link between race and drowning? I have already disabused you of that fact. Why make an Olympic sized pool out of a puddle?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#95 Post by AtomKraft » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:16 am

Gobbers.
No. I just wondered why such athletic folk never appear in the swimming?

Do you know?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#96 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:22 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:16 am
Gobbers.
No. I just wondered why such athletic folk never appear in the swimming?

Do you know?
Maybe black folks dissolve in water Atom? =)) ;)))

Seriously though, I suspect it is because of cultural and financial reasons and the fact that there are not many bucks to be made in the swimming game. There weren't many black folks playing tennis until before Arthur Ash and the WIlliams sisters got going. Most sports clubs subtly dissuaded blacks from joining etc. until recently.

I put money on the fact you will see a black swimming gold before you sink into the big sleep! :-bd
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#97 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:27 am

Certain BAME groups fail the swimming course permanently when they go swimming in lakes and coasts around the UK.

As a percentage of the population they have featured prominently in recent years in multiple drownings.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#98 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:33 am

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:27 am
Certain BAME groups fail the swimming course permanently when they go swimming in lakes and coasts around the UK.

As a percentage of the population they have featured prominently in recent years in multiple drownings.
I am always surprised at what poor swimmers the British, whatever their race, are. Sure there are some very good swimmers here but the general populace has a huge number of non swimmers and doggy paddlers. Too cold to be bothered, cultural reasons etc?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#99 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:37 am