#262 Post by OFSO » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Mad or stupid or mad AND stupid. 10/10.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in the UK

#263 Post by OFSO » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:23 pm

OFSO's Rules

If you feel healthy you are healthy. No action required.

If you feel you have Covid go home, stay at home, don't bother with driving hundreds of miles for test but take paracetamol, liquids, large dose vitamin D, steroids (Ventolin) if you can get them. Rob an asthma sufferer. Did you get your pneumococci vaccination? If not, too late. I did say months ago.....

Still ill after a week or getting worse? Doctor, clinic, hospital etc etc.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#264 Post by barkingmad » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:22 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:23 pm
OFSO's Rules

If you feel healthy you are healthy. No action required.

If you feel you have Covid go home, stay at home, don't bother with driving hundreds of miles for test but take paracetamol, liquids, large dose vitamin D, steroids (Ventolin) if you can get them. Rob an asthma sufferer. Did you get your pneumococci vaccination? If not, too late. I did say months ago.....

Still ill after a week or getting worse? Doctor, clinic, hospital etc etc.
What?!?!? No gin mentioned in that list of medication! Though you did mention liquids...?
But if the sense of smell and taste has gone it might be a waste anyway.
I wonder if the Ardbeg Corryvrechan 57% ABV Whisky would cut through to the taste and olfactory bulbs? :-B

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#265 Post by Ibbie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:33 am

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#266 Post by Woody » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:03 pm

I’m starting to agree with the DM :-o

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... l#comments
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#267 Post by Boac » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:05 pm

Starting?? We've agreed with it for most of the year. The guy is a bluffing buffoon. Some idiots elected him and some idiots support him.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#268 Post by OFSO » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:49 pm

Do Covid Marshalls get to wear a tin star ?

ribrash

#269 Post by ribrash » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:43 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:49 pm
Do Covid Marshalls get to wear a tin star ?
Yes.They take a picture of their arsehole,reduce it in size and put it in a plastic case.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#270 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:53 pm

Not so much a tin star, more a chocolate starfish.

ribrash

#271 Post by ribrash » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:09 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:53 pm
Not so much a tin star, more a chocolate starfish.
+1 =)) or a rusty rivet. :-bd

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#272 Post by OFSO » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:23 am

"Do not forsake me oh my darling..... "

Waiting at the train station for Covid to arrive...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#273 Post by barkingmad » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:54 am

In case anyone doubted there is Chaos in the UK, here is a sideways look at how things are going swimmingly;

“We’re worried that Christmas will be cancelled this year. But the Telegraph‘s Parliamentary sketch writer Michael Deacon thinks there’s no cause for concern. Won’t happen, according to him.

Not even Agatha Christie could have dreamt up a twist like this. Before he entered Downing Street, Boris Johnson was, above all else, a vigorous defender of personal liberty. A tireless opponent of the nanny state. An implacable foe of bureaucratic bossiness. If he believed in anything at all, it was freedom.

And what does he do when he gets into power? He makes Christmas dinner a criminal offence.

No one could have seen that one coming. The man himself certainly didn’t. Only a couple of months ago, he told the country he was looking forward to a “more significant return to normality” by the end of the year, and declared that “the good solid common sense” of the British people would see us through.

Yet now, it seems, his faith has wavered. His resolve has shrivelled. Because here he is, just a couple of months later, banning all social gatherings of more than six people. So unless this new law is lifted soon (unlikely), the traditional family Christmas is cancelled.

Or is it? Actually, I don’t think it can be – whatever the Government says. In practice, cancelling the traditional family Christmas would be impossible. It doesn’t matter what laws the Government lays down, nor how many Boris Busybodies – aka “Covid marshals” – it recruits. The fact is this. Every Christmas, around 12 million people travel across this country to visit their families. And if, this December, 12 million people – or half that, or just a quarter, or even a sixth – decide that, to hell with the new limit, they’re going to spend Christmas with their families anyway, there are no practical means by which the Government can stop them.

What are the Boris Busybodies going to do? Erect a police road block at the end of every street? Ban the sale of petrol? Spend the whole of December going from house to house, slashing the tyres of every Volvo in Britain? It can’t be done. If people want to visit their sister Muriel or their uncle Clive, they will visit their sister Muriel or their uncle Clive. Not because they’re selfish and reckless. They aren’t planning an all-night rave for 400 people. They’re planning a turkey lunch and a game of charades. Because they’re responsible, intelligent adults who have spent the best part of a year dutifully following all the necessary precautions, and are now well capable of assessing the risks for themselves, and acting sensibly.”

There will be a few maidens throughout the land who will be relieved to hear that “His resolve has shrivelled”?! =))

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#274 Post by AtomKraft » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:31 am

The UK is heading down the **** at a hell of a rate.

The situation is extreme on so many fronts but I think the measures required to arrest the decline are too heavy to contemplate.

After a degree of thought, I've decided not to return.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#275 Post by OFSO » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:19 pm

My niece on the phone, near tears, can't allow visits from her parents or her sister with husband and children. She's very law-abiding. Suggested she tells law-makers to get stuffed. Boris can't put everyone in the courts..

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#276 Post by om15 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:13 am

There is the alternative thought that if everyone just simply did as they were told we may resume normal life sooner rather than later, and that they might be more of us to do so.

The consequences of the virus are not just Boris Johnson making rules for the sake of it, if Christmas piss ups have to be curtailed to save lives it isn't much of a price to pay. Michael Deacon would be better employed writing articles for adults.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#277 Post by barkingmad » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 am

With the median age of Covid-1984 deaths being north of 80 years old, perhaps it’s not a case of ‘saving lives’ and more a case of ‘delaying deaths’, which is subtly different.

We’re all going to die and every year in history it was accepted that as winter arrived in either hemisphere, the death rate, particularly amongst the elderly and infirm, would rise. Vide winter 1968-69 with 80,000 EXCESS deaths in the UK alone.

And yet the world did not end, particularly for the younger bipeds in the community, until the mass hysteria of the beer/bat virus arrived and guvvment’s round the globe panicked in case they were seen to be getting it wrong and the lawyers sharpened their quill pens.

Nor at any time when I was young and had the ‘flu several times was there any mention of hospitalisation. One stayed warm, plenty of fluid intake, sweated it out and returned to skule feeling washed out but alive.

Let’s look forwards, not only in the UK, to see the “spike” in ‘Covid’ cases as a result of the common ‘flu which will strike as the weather turns.

As a species we have survived, to the detriment of the planet, for millennia and still no one has found a ‘cure’ for the common cold and we are unlikely to succeed, despite all the research (Porton Down’s military volunteer program excepted!).

The prospect of being jabbed with a hastily cobbled up vaccine fills me with horror so it’s likely I will take my chances of catching it in preference to being deliberately infected with some concoction, which, like current ‘flu jabs, is automatically out of date anyway if they’re using last year’s version of whatever swept the land.

Let’s face it, WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE-SOONER OR LATER! Let’s not wreck the world in a futile Canute-like attempt to “control” a virus.

No tin hat on and I’m not going out to run away from the baying mob. ~X(

But it’s a nice day and a bikeride beckons, so if you see a mad burka-clad cyclist you can call out the local Plod to deploy the Stinger device to take me outa circulation! =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#278 Post by Boac » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 am

With the median age of Covid-1984 deaths being north of 80 years old,
Where do you get that? Do you have a link? As far as I know there has been no analysis of C19 deaths by age in the UK, whereas Germany has. I suggest the 'median age of deaths' is probably also 'north of 80 years old', so not earth-shattering news?

Why are you wearing a face covering whilst riding your bike? Is there some local ruling?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#279 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:11 pm

The BBC gave it as 82 a few days ago.

This whole reaction to Covid is completely stupid.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#280 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:54 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:54 am
In case anyone doubted there is Chaos in the UK, here is a sideways look at how things are going swimmingly;

“We’re worried that Christmas will be cancelled this year. But the Telegraph‘s Parliamentary sketch writer Michael Deacon thinks there’s no cause for concern. Won’t happen, according to him.

Not even Agatha Christie could have dreamt up a twist like this. Before he entered Downing Street, Boris Johnson was, above all else, a vigorous defender of personal liberty. A tireless opponent of the nanny state. An implacable foe of bureaucratic bossiness. If he believed in anything at all, it was freedom.

And what does he do when he gets into power? He makes Christmas dinner a criminal offence.

No one could have seen that one coming. The man himself certainly didn’t. Only a couple of months ago, he told the country he was looking forward to a “more significant return to normality” by the end of the year, and declared that “the good solid common sense” of the British people would see us through.

Yet now, it seems, his faith has wavered. His resolve has shrivelled. Because here he is, just a couple of months later, banning all social gatherings of more than six people. So unless this new law is lifted soon (unlikely), the traditional family Christmas is cancelled.

Or is it? Actually, I don’t think it can be – whatever the Government says. In practice, cancelling the traditional family Christmas would be impossible. It doesn’t matter what laws the Government lays down, nor how many Boris Busybodies – aka “Covid marshals” – it recruits. The fact is this. Every Christmas, around 12 million people travel across this country to visit their families. And if, this December, 12 million people – or half that, or just a quarter, or even a sixth – decide that, to hell with the new limit, they’re going to spend Christmas with their families anyway, there are no practical means by which the Government can stop them.

What are the Boris Busybodies going to do? Erect a police road block at the end of every street? Ban the sale of petrol? Spend the whole of December going from house to house, slashing the tyres of every Volvo in Britain? It can’t be done. If people want to visit their sister Muriel or their uncle Clive, they will visit their sister Muriel or their uncle Clive. Not because they’re selfish and reckless. They aren’t planning an all-night rave for 400 people. They’re planning a turkey lunch and a game of charades. Because they’re responsible, intelligent adults who have spent the best part of a year dutifully following all the necessary precautions, and are now well capable of assessing the risks for themselves, and acting sensibly.”

There will be a few maidens throughout the land who will be relieved to hear that “His resolve has shrivelled”?! =))