A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#1761 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri May 14, 2021 8:36 am

Ibbie wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:53 am
Did y'all any other's detect the change of H's accent? Slight American drawal.
It is thought that he thinks that it will make him better accepted. Shirley if he is playing on his Royal connections he should be speaking like a British Royal. Can you imagine any of the others in the firm visiting the US of A and speaking like a Texan cattle farmer.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1762 Post by Undried Plum » Fri May 14, 2021 9:03 am

He's a sad bastard, in every way.

The poor kid is searching for an identity. Latching on to a semi-black piece of trailerpark trash is the best he can do.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1763 Post by G-CPTN » Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 am

When you consider the traumas that PH has had to experience due to his legacy, consider also someone growing up in care and the traumas that they face.

PRINCE Harry has thrown his dad, the Queen, and Prince Philip under the bus by slamming their parenting style, says a royal expert.

Life has so many such people that one is inclined to suggest that PH had a better deal than most.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1764 Post by FD2 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am

Just for street cred Ibbie. He'll be back to normal for a Bridish TV interview.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1765 Post by Undried Plum » Fri May 14, 2021 11:26 am

He knows that Chuck is not his father and that Philip was not his grandfather.

It's entirely understandable that his family affiliation is with his late mother. His estrangement from the German tribe simply mirrors that of his mother. The only difference is that he's alive and she's not.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1766 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri May 14, 2021 11:34 am

Living dangerously too.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1767 Post by ian16th » Fri May 14, 2021 11:42 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:26 am
He knows that Chuck is not his father and that Philip was not his grandfather.

It's entirely understandable that his family affiliation is with his late mother. His estrangement from the German tribe simply mirrors that of his mother. The only difference is that he's alive and she's not.
I was reading something on't Interweb, that said with the demise of Aunt Betty, the House of Windsor dies and King Charles will be the the first English monarch of a Greek/Danish house.
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1768 Post by OFSO » Fri May 14, 2021 12:02 pm

Harry never knew how unhappy he was being a member of the British Royal Family until he met Meghan. Says it all, doesn't it.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1769 Post by Undried Plum » Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 pm

ian16th wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:42 am
I was reading something on't Interweb, that said with the demise of Aunt Betty, the House of Windsor dies and King Charles will be the the first English monarch of a Greek/Danish house.
That's wrong.

The monarchy of the UK is not passed down patriarchally that way.

Brenda's Germanness is passed down the line from her Germanness, not from that of her German husband.

Phil arrived in Britain without a pot to piss in or a place to put it. He didn't even have a recognised or admitted surname.

He was forever pissed off by the fact that his wee wifey didn't take the surname that he no longer had. He felt that had been banished from the super-race, thus an amoeba.

Mrs Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg wouldn't have gone down well, as a name, with the British/Empire/Commonwealth public, for the same reason that Battenberg had to be changed to the incestuous combination of Mountbatten and the totally artificially adopted name of "Windsor"(sic).

Yes, there really was a whelp somewhere with the godawful surname of Mountbatten-Windsor, though I don't know whether the thing survived or was given the usual banishment that happens to such critters.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1770 Post by ian16th » Fri May 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 pm
ian16th wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:42 am
That's wrong.

The monarchy of the UK is not passed down patriarchally that way.

Brenda's Germanness is passed down the line from her Germanness, not from that of her German husband.

Phil arrived in Britain without a pot to piss in or a place to put it. He didn't even have a recognised or admitted surname. He was forever pissed off by the fact that his wee wifey didn't take the surname that he no longer had. He felt that had been banished from the super-race, thus an amoeba.

Mrs Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg wouldn't have gone down well, as a name, with the British/Empire/Commonwealth public, for the same reason that Battenberg had to be changed to the incestuous combination of Mountbatten and the totally artificially adopted name of "Windsor"(sic).

Yes, there really was a whelp somewhere with the godawful surname of Mountbatten-Windsor, though I don't know whether the thing survived or was given the usual banishment that happens to such critters.
UP

I'm not an expert on these things, but what I read said the the 'Royal House' is not the same as the Monarchy and is passed down the male line.

Just done some giggling, it wasn't an article it was a YouTube.

Dunno if it is correct, just passing on what is said.
Cynicism improves with age

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1771 Post by Undried Plum » Fri May 14, 2021 1:24 pm

Liz's crown would have been thrown down the line, but she'd killed her cousin Mary Stuart.

Then it all kicked off. It all went down through the wimmin.

Wee Jimmy, born of Mary, etc.

The Scots won, though the outcome was uncontested at the time.

The Scots won. The Scots took over England at the moment(s) of the creation of the UK.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1772 Post by 1DC » Fri May 14, 2021 2:35 pm

If the Scots won what is wee krankie trying to get independence from then?

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#1773 Post by k3k3 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:33 pm

1DC wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:35 pm
If the Scots won what is wee krankie trying to get independence from then?
If she takes Scotland out of the union will she have to repay the money received to extricate them from the Darien misadventure?

prospector
Capt
Capt

#1774 Post by prospector » Sat May 15, 2021 12:53 am

Is it a big foot and a little mouth, or a little foot and a big mouth??

https://www.rt.com/usa/523801-prince-ha ... aign=Email

"During a Thursday appearance on Hollywood actor Dax Shepard’s ‘Armchair Expert’ podcast, the prince – who now lives in California after stepping down from his royal duties – said, “I’ve got so much I want to say about the First Amendment. I still don’t understand it, but it is bonkers.” "

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1775 Post by FD2 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 am

Glad he's changed which foot he has in his big gob. Go for it cousins! Maybe they can get him taken away by the men in white coats more easily than the Royal Family.

It's all grist to the mill for anti-monarchists, thanks to Harry and his woman. He should be stripped of any titles, privileges and associations with the Royal Family and then he can do what he wants with that scheming reincarnation of Wallis Simpson in California and be forgotten by us. 'Free Harry the Ginger!' :o)

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1776 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat May 15, 2021 8:40 am

Apologies, from the Telegraph,
if I have experienced some kind of pain or suffering because of the pain or suffering that, perhaps, my father or my parents had suffered
There you have it from the horse's mouth.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#1777 Post by prospector » Sun May 16, 2021 5:19 am

When will they take away his title if he keeps on denigrating where it comes from???

Prince Harry posing for the camera: Watch: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey sent shockwaves through the monarchy.© Image - Instagram/Dax Shepard; Video - Newshub. Watch: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey sent shockwaves through the monarchy.

Prince Harry has once again made his feelings about being a part of the Royal Family crystal clear, dropping a new set of candid revelations in an appearance on Dax Shepard's Armchair Expert podcast.

Pause
Current Time 0:28
/
Duration 8:46
Unmute
HQ
CaptionsFullscreen
'I didn't want to be alive anymore': Meghan Markle reveals suicidal thoughts
Harry described royal life as a "mixture between The Truman Show and living in a zoo", revealing he had been wanting to escape for years.

"It's the job right? Grin and bear it," Harry responded when asked by Sheppard if he had felt "caged" by his royal duties.

"I was in my early 20s, and I was thinking I don't want this job, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be doing this," the Duke of Sussex said.

"Look what it did to my mum. How am I ever going to settle down and have a wife and family, when I know it's going to happen again?

"I've seen behind the curtain, I've seen the business model and seen how this whole thing works and I don't want to be part of this."

Harry has also been accused of "throwing his family under the bus" with his comments about Prince Charles' and Queen Elizabeth's parenting.

"I don't think we should be pointing the finger or blaming anybody, but certainly when it comes to parenting, if I've experienced some form of pain or suffering because of the pain or suffering that perhaps my father or my parents had suffered, I'm going to make sure I break that cycle so that I don't pass it on, basically," Harry said.

Speaking on "genetic pain and suffering", Harry spoke about "piecing together" the similarities between his life and his father's.

"OK, so this is where he went to school, this is what happened, I know this about his life, I also know that is connected to his parents so that means he's treated me the way he was treated, so how can I change that for my own kids," Harry said.

Harry said that moving his family to the US "wasn't the plan", but that he made the decision to put his mental health and his family first.

"Here [in California], I can actually lift my head and I feel different. My shoulders have dropped, so have [Meghan's]," he said.

"You walk around feeling a little bit more free. I get to take Archie on the back of my bicycle. I never had the chance to do that," he said.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1778 Post by Karearea » Sun May 16, 2021 6:50 am

^ The infant was hardly of an age to go bicycling when they were in the UK! :))
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1779 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun May 16, 2021 7:44 am

I think he meant when he was a baby. I wonder if he can actually ride a bike? Have we ever seen a lycra clad Royal?

I see both he and megs have gone slopping shoulders. Is that something to be proud of?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1780 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun May 16, 2021 7:54 am

Pressure from royal aides to give up their titles. Wonder if this is an invitation to do so before they are removed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... itles.html
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.