The NHS and your medical records

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

The NHS and your medical records

#1 Post by Boac » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:52 am

Apparently 'NHS Digital' which stores all our (UK) medical records is proposing to enable our data to be sold to whoever they wish. https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... 1622549507

It is claimed data will be 'anonymised'. If you do NOT wish this to take place you have until 23rd June to 'opt out' There is a draft letter at https://medconfidential.org/wp-content/ ... letter.pdf (This link may produce a Twatter warning but is safe).

Even if this is not your final decision, submitting the form will place a pause on the introduction of data sharing planned for later this year.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

Re: The NHS and your medical records

#2 Post by Smeagol » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Thanks for that. Form printed and will be completed and deposited to my GP surgery.
We hates Bagginses!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am

For those who missed it: The 'deadline' for registration was 'moved' by HMG (when they realised someone knew what they were doing and was complaining) to 1 September. There is now a web opt-out available https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matter ... our-choice where you can request that your GP practice does not share your data with the 'NHSDigital' database.

I have a question: Mrs and I are both currently opted out. The government is still willy-wallying around about Covid vax 'passports' while the rest of the world gets on with introducing them. The NHS app, which allows for 'proof' of vaccination, works directly from a QR code which I assume links to a NHS database. The 'MyGP' app 'passport' (different presentation) presumably also does the same.

What is the position now for those 'opted out' regarding the working of these apps? Somewhat optimistically I have emailed my MP on the matter although since he is a big 'Bojo' mate I doubt............................... :))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:21 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
For those who missed it: The 'deadline' for registration was 'moved' by HMG (when they realised someone knew what they were doing and was complaining) to 1 September. There is now a web opt-out available https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matter ... our-choice where you can request that your GP practice does not share your data with the 'NHSDigital' database.

I have a question: Mrs and I are both currently opted out. The government is still willy-wallying around about Covid vax 'passports' while the rest of the world gets on with introducing them. The NHS app, which allows for 'proof' of vaccination, works directly from a QR code which I assume links to a NHS database. The 'MyGP' app 'passport' (different presentation) presumably also does the same.

What is the position now for those 'opted out' regarding the working of these apps? Somewhat optimistically I have emailed my MP on the matter although since he is a big 'Bojo' mate I doubt............................... :))
Thanks for that... Research and planning... my arse! More like sold to the highest bidder...

nhsoptout.JPG
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:01 am

I was going to tease Boac and suggest that he take his spellchecker back for remedial work but thought "let me stay in the medial plane on this matter and not pull his medial collateral ligament too hard!" =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:06 am

My wife has opted out, me, I am not bothered. Got some casual meds from the doc, used only 1/3, will need to get a new prescription next year as these will timex.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:52 am

I was going to tease Boac
I felt the tug..............I HAD checked my post before posting but not the title - lesson learned.

PN-itis pills ordered via the My GP app. :))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:59 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:52 am
I was going to tease Boac
I felt the tug..............I HAD checked my post before posting but not the title - lesson learned.

PN-itis pills ordered via the My GP app. :))
Always good to rectify the title before it is baked into the palimpsest of shame when the edit right expires! ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:04 am

...and I liked the 'medial' bit - it did not go unnoticed

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:12 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:04 am
...and I liked the 'medial' bit - it did not go unnoticed
=)) ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:50 am

Funny I mentioned my little green pills where I have used only a third of the packet. Had to pop one yesterday, 😕

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:09 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:50 am
Funny I mentioned my little green pills where I have used only a third of the packet. Had to pop one yesterday, 😕
I am sorely tempted to post White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane, but I won't lest I garner any more opprobrium from some of the denizens here...

As sung by the effervescent Grace Slick.
And one pill makes you small. And the ones that mother gives you. Don't do anything at all. Go ask Alice. When she's ten feet tall. And if you go chasing rabbits. And you know you're going to fall.
=))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:26 am

Following on the query on the 'administration' of C19 systems in the UK. I see from, for example, the Boots site that a pre-booked PCR test will return results 'within 48 hours' by email. Anyone done this?

Scenario - suppose I do not have email/tablet/mobile; When I turn up at departures how do I show my results? When I land in Bongoland ditto. Same question for my vaccination status. If anyone knows the answer, where do I find it on the internet?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:31 am

Boac wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:26 am
Following on the query on the 'administration' of C19 systems in the UK. I see from, for example, the Boots site that a pre-booked PCR test will return results 'within 48 hours' by email. Anyone done this?

Scenario - suppose I do not have email/tablet/mobile; When I turn up at departures how do I show my results? When I land in Bongoland ditto. Same question for my vaccination status. If anyone knows the answer, where do I find it on the internet?
There is no answer to your sensible question. The whole idea requires international standards and agreements... go figure!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:35 am

Also
The whole idea requires
A government that knows what it is doing?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:40 am

Boac wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:35 am
Also
The whole idea requires
A government that knows what it is doing?
+1
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:46 am

I registered with NHS App, jumped hoops, sent pictures etc and

Zilch

It also seems that of 650 million lateral flow tests sent out, only 14% have reported results.

ribrash

#18 Post by ribrash » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:29 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:46 am
I registered with NHS App, jumped hoops, sent pictures etc and

Zilch

It also seems that of 650 million lateral flow tests sent out, only 14% have reported results.
I sent off for a box of test kits.I can't find the paperwork but I'm sure you only had to report a positive test.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:55 am

If you go online - report Covid test - you go through a whole list of questions, especially why did you take the test. Then you report it.

Now I have my suspicions. Clearly some people don't bother to report if they even bothered to do the test. Others, I suspect, might not report a positive result knowing that the heavy handed estate might lick them up for 14 days and they lose their wages.

In this case, best result is they minimise their social interaction knowing they may be positive.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:55 am
If you go online - report Covid test - you go through a whole list of questions, especially why did you take the test. Then you report it.

Now I have my suspicions. Clearly some people don't bother to report if they even bothered to do the test. Others, I suspect, might not report a positive result knowing that the heavy handed estate might lick them up for 14 days and they lose their wages.

In this case, best result is they minimise their social interaction knowing they may be positive.
So why bother asking for the test kits in the first place? ;;) :D
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.