Stay away from #nzhellhole

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Stay away from #nzhellhole

#1 Post by John Hill » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:55 am

Horrific scenes of poverty, starvation and misery.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/nzhellhole? ... %5Ehashtag
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Stay away from #nzhellhole

#2 Post by Karearea » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:02 am

^ very amusing :-bd
Around the world thoughts shall fly In the twinkling of an eye

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:11 am

How awful it must be to live in NZ, a kind of Devil's Island punctuated by sheep, braless women and hairy All Blacks! Now how can I contrive to be banished to such an infernal hell hole! =)) ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by John Hill » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:47 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:11 am
Now how can I contrive to be banished to such an infernal hell hole! =)) ;)))
Steal a stale crust of bread and get yourself transported to Port Arthur. Tell the Skippies that you are really a Kiwi and they will deport you across the ditch.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by Bob » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:19 am

Great people, great scenery, a lets do everything at 110% attitude and almost zero chance of running into a republican with a gun........yep sheer hell
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Woody » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:27 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
How awful it must be to live in NZ, a kind of Devil's Island punctuated by sheep, braless women and hairy All Blacks! Now how can I contrive to be banished to such an infernal hell hole! =)) ;)))
The wine isn’t too bad either 🍷
When all else fails, read the instructions.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:51 am

Woody wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:27 am
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
The wine isn’t too bad either 🍷
Amen to that... there is a young Kiwi lady who works in our local eatery who makes sure I try their resident NZ white wine whenever I go in there. I suspect she is an agent for the NZ Vintners Association/ NZ Winegrowers Board or something like that.

New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is particularly splendid. The road to NZ perdition is washed down with their wine too it seems? ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by ian16th » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:10 pm

I also found that Speights Beer was quite palatable.
Cynicism improves with age

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:19 am

One more reason perhaps to stay away from the paradises of Oz and NZ, who are still chasing the end of the rainbow known as "zero Covid", this seems more like something from the Gulag Archipelago book by Alexander Solzhenitsyn than a return to the valhalla down under which is the home of democracy, freedom and the gorgeous Jacinda;

I trust the Human Rights lawyers there or elsewhere are sharpening their quill pens ready for battle? :-?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:25 am

One's own mind is the only real prison that can bind a man or a woman... break free, soar in the infinity and opportunity of free thought!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by EA01 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:40 am

Hmmm, confess to only ever spending a few hours in the Auckland transit lounge en route LAX-BNE...was fascinated by the 'Big Chiefs' dressed in grass skirts heading off on regional airliners to far flung Pacific Islands in the chilly pre dawn gloom.

But given that so so very many NZ'ers come here, they choose NOT to live in NZ.....tells me all I need to know....it's not somewhere people want to be....same as Melbourne, and Sydney...people keep moving here....

The NZ criminals that we keep sending back to NZ have often lived here for many a year, have chosen to never become citizens, and drive around with 'Silverferns' on their rear windscreens, proudly proclaiming their Loyalty to NZ, but actively choosing not to live there...

'O' sympathy

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by EA01 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:45 am

#nzhellhole , is probably about correct given the amount of NZ citizens actively choosing to leave NZ.....were it so good they'd stay...but NOOOO, they keep coming and telling us how much better it is in NZ, whilst refusing to live there themselves...

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by John Hill » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:47 am

Just one bit of advice for anyone who wants to come to NZ and avoid the quarantine facility, simple really, JUST GET BACK ON THE PLANE AND FAR COUGH!

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by John Hill » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:15 am

All the kiwis living in Oz are only there for their education in criminal ways.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by John Hill » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:01 am

However, if you do insist on entering NZ you might end up like these folks!!!

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:33 am

I also found that Speights Beer was quite palatable.
TUI's not bad, either.

I would LOVE to be able to spend 14 days in Managed Isolation Quarantine prison. MrsExs is American, with many interests and commitments still in the USA that need urgent, and becoming critical, attention, and our booked flights were cancelled last year when Covid 19 struck, no complaint there, who would have wanted to be in Trumpland at that time, but the situation is different now and our personal situation vis-a-vis the USA is becoming dire. but ....we are unable to book a return flight without first obtaining an MIQ booking, and this is proving impossible.

All MIQ slots are taken to the end of November, the latest promulgated, and when December is released they will all go within seconds, as .... self serving entrepreneurs have written computer programmes that constantly "refresh" the website, and make bookings immediately they appear, which they are now offering at eye watering prices, such that only the very rich can afford to buy a space, I've read that one such site is based in Pakistan, but can't confirm this of course, and the Gov't. are doing Sweet FA about it.

The NZ Govt. were rightly congratulated about their initial clampdown on Covid, but they are way behind with getting the population vaccinated, and have totally lost control of the MIQ situation for "normal" people, many of whom are facing permanent isolation overseas because they have been unable to secure an MIQ booking to get home, having been innocently, and reasonably, away when it all started. TV "news" programmes show almost daily shots of people overseas pleading with the Gov't to do something about it.

MrsExs and I have considered leaving on a one way ticket, and taking our chances of the situation improving, but if it doesn't then my USA ESTA Visa thing is only valid for a 3 month visit, after which, if unable to extend it, I would become an Illegal Alien. ( thinks, that mightn't be too bad, I would qualify for all those benefits ! ) At the moment we are thinking that she should take a one way flight now, to attend to what is becoming critical, and get back when she can, but I may never see her again ! Being in our mid eighties the situation ain't funny.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:14 am

The NZ Govt. were rightly congratulated about their initial clampdown on Covid, but they are way behind with getting the population vaccinated, and have totally lost control of the MIQ situation for "normal" people, many of whom are facing permanent isolation overseas because they have been unable to secure an MIQ booking to get home, having been innocently, and reasonably, away when it all started. TV "news" programmes show almost daily shots of people overseas pleading with the Gov't to do something about it.
That is certainly a disgrace and a scandal, but hasn't the same sort of thing happened to many Australians whose government have failed them as well? I know spurious comparisons are odious and the last refuge of the rogue, or a man losing an argument, but NZ is not alone in its somewhat draconian, lockdown, I think.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:02 am

Finally ... the Gov't is being roundly criticised on TV and the Press, for the total shambles, so "maybe" something will be done about it. Australia is considering home isolation for those arriving vaccinated and pre-boarding tested clear. Note .. the few new cases currently occurring in NZ's MIQ facilities all tested clear before being allowed to board. What does that tell us ?

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by John Hill » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:25 am

Like I said, stay well away from NZ as the whole country is in an utter shambles. 8-|

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by llondel » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:20 am

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:33 am
MrsExs and I have considered leaving on a one way ticket, and taking our chances of the situation improving, but if it doesn't then my USA ESTA Visa thing is only valid for a 3 month visit, after which, if unable to extend it, I would become an Illegal Alien. ( thinks, that mightn't be too bad, I would qualify for all those benefits ! ) At the moment we are thinking that she should take a one way flight now, to attend to what is becoming critical, and get back when she can, but I may never see her again ! Being in our mid eighties the situation ain't funny.
Can you turn yourself in to US immigration on the day your ESTA expires and tell them you'd be happy to be deported and would even pay for the ticket.

I wonder how deportations work with quarantine? If you turn up in NZ having been deported from the US, what can NZ do you to?