:-bd ^:)^ ^:)^

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4983 Post by llondel » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:28 pm

flyboy22 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:23 pm
Just a quickie.....Not read everything here and a 'newbie' for posting...So don't want to tread on any toes etc....
I see someone ('BarkingMad') got banned above. What did he/she write exactly, that caused the ban. I.e. are we allowed to post actual facts about this subject matter? Or can we only post things that the MSM and government would allow us to see etc...?
That depends on where you get your 'facts'. If it's from the same dubious sources as BM, then you'll find you get the same general reception from those of us who are aware of the large number of covid-related deaths out there. Conspiracy theories about evil vaccines and control of the population wear a bit thin in that context.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4984 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:23 pm

BM banned, really?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4985 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:24 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:19 pm
I have banned BarkingMad for a month. I have really had enough of his continuous conspiracy *****. It's just too much. Do feel free to discuss.

Admin.
Saves bandwidth

ribrash

#4986 Post by ribrash » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:31 pm

There are a couple on here who should be
banned for ever of given a job with Bunter.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4987 Post by boing » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:44 pm

The international and almost universal response to COVID was a rush to vaccination. This may have been a good first response but it has, unfortunately, morphed into our only response apparently to the exclusion of other possible treatments. The absolutely amazing fact is that alternate possible treatments, even when there is evidence of effectiveness from credible sources, are being rejected out of hand. For example, even though Ivermectin has been advocated by India and various European countries its use is rejected even to the extent that the WHO restrict its use.
The current evidence on the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 patients is inconclusive. Until more data is available, WHO recommends that the drug only be used within clinical trials.
OK, we have a massive pandemic roaring across the World but the WHO recommends against the use of a drug with long demonstrated effectiveness and safety in other viral diseases because trials are "inconclusive". Surely, the correct thing to do is get of your backside and arrange appropriate trials not put a cap on the bottle. The resistance of the WHO and drug companies to investigation of alternative COVID treatments can only raise suspicion, especially since we are moving in the direction of "booster" shots and those same drug companies, who were paid billions to develop the vaccines, are now raising their prices.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4988 Post by Boac » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:53 pm

We've had this discussion before. My theory (and that of many others) is that the 'cheap' (and effective) drugs like Ivermectin are being suppressed for financial reasons - there is NO profit for the big companies there. I asked my MP to look at this and he came back with a DHSS reply that 'it is not approved for use'. No sight of any 'trial' which would, by definition, cost peanuts. So bye-bye.

I even saw that the Chump's favourite (no, not the stirrup pump) was proving effective in ameliorating the disease.

I cannot see how this big block can be shifted. A you say, Pfizer will be rolling even deeper in the dosh.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4989 Post by Boac » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:10 pm

It appears that Chris Whitty has just finished his luxury holiday too - working 4 weeks on a Covid ward.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4990 Post by llondel » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:09 pm

It is interesting to note that certain prominent people in positions of authority in some US states that are enacting policies which make it more likely that people would catch Covid are implicated in buying up shares in companies that make some of the more successful treatments (as opposed to vaccines).

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4991 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:00 am

Ivermectin is effective in the treatment of parasitic worms etc in both animals and humans.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4992 Post by llondel » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:44 am

John Hill wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:00 am
Ivermectin is effective in the treatment of parasitic worms etc in both animals and humans.
Which would be great if Covid was a parasitic worm and the people taking it could figure out the correct dose. See my recent Darwin Awards post on that subject.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4993 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:22 am

I hear that common household bleach and an enema bag is the way to go.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4994 Post by Karearea » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:26 am

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines:

https://journals.lww.com/americantherap ... _of.7.aspx

Dr John Campbell, Best ivermectin meta analysis: (24:10)

Around the world thoughts shall fly In the twinkling of an eye

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4995 Post by llondel » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:49 am

The problem with that is that the trials were small and in quite a few cases the people in the study were taking other weird and wonderful stuff too. Outcomes were not well-defined. Current US NIH advice is that there is insufficient reliable data.

I was talking to someone who works in an animal supply store today and was told that the sort who come in to buy the stuff to take themselves are fairly easy to spot, not least because they spend a lot of time in the horse aisle checking over the various ivermectin products and are looking for the apple-flavoured stuff. They now have a sign up which says "Not for human consumption" in an attempt to limit their liability if someone can't do the maths properly and takes an overdose.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4996 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:24 am

Ilondel, like Jeddah gin supplies, they should sell calculators in the horse section on one on those hanging card things.

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#4997 Post by bob2s » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:56 am

https://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/pub ... t-covid-19
The above gives a good rundown on various medicines being investigated re Covid treatment.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4998 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:01 am

Last updated 2020? I would think there would have been some developments since then.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#4999 Post by Dushan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:10 am

admin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:19 pm
I have banned BarkingMad for a month. I have really had enough of his continuous conspiracy *****. It's just too much. Do feel free to discuss.

Admin.
Congratulations! O-N has joined the woke cancel culture crowd.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5000 Post by Dushan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:13 am

boing wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:05 pm
Admin, your swing-set but you did, of course, consider that your decision puts us on par with Facebook and Youtube.

And to think that O-N was created as a direct result of TOP banning people left, right, and centre, for their opinions and thoughts.
1984 was a warning not an instruction manual.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".