Chaos in USA

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Seenenough

Re: Chaos in USA

#2961 Post by Seenenough » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:48 pm

And Biden received this kind of response from the third most powerful person in the USA

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2962 Post by barkingmad » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:01 pm

Seen sez; "And Biden received this kind of response from the third most powerful person in the USA"

Is she attempting some sort of feminist Masonic handshake with herself?

Perhaps I oughta rephrase that but I can't be arsed... :))

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#2963 Post by Dushan » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:04 pm

It's called "drunk squirrel dance".
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2964 Post by FD2 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:10 pm

Maybe time for an upper age limit for politicians (a biblical 70?) and an assessment of their mental capabilities?

I'm not just thinking about the USA by the way. 8-}

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#2965 Post by Dushan » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:18 pm

Age, on its now, I am not so sure. There are a lot of 75-year olds that are quite sharp and there are a lot of 50-year olds that are not.
However, a real independent (yeah, right who am I kidding) mental assessment would be a good thing.

We used to hear, every year about "the president's annual physical" at Bethesda and results would be posted with great fanfare. Biden?
Crickets...

Re: SOFTU speech. Anyone can have trouble reading a particular word on the teleprompter, but if your brain in't following what you are saying than you're in trouble. The whole world has one country's name on its lips, for a week, and Sleepy Joe says "Iranian"? Oy vey!
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2966 Post by llondel » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:06 am

barkingmad wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:01 pm
Seen sez; "And Biden received this kind of response from the third most powerful person in the USA"

Is she attempting some sort of feminist Masonic handshake with herself?

Perhaps I oughta rephrase that but I can't be arsed... :))
Perhaps she's imagining she's got a copy of his speech in her hands?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2967 Post by barkingmad » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:42 am

Ooops, seems as if the much-derided Orange Man could see the shitstorm coming down the road before he left the crèche in charge of Sleepy Joe;

I just lurve the shocked expressions of the unfortunates on the opposite side of that table as he delicately rammed home the uncomfortable truth about energy dependency!

Though to those of us in the old European fallen empires it’s always been a mystery as to how difficult it is for the ‘murricanes to find and elect a “functioning frontal cortex” out of >330,000,000 citizens, many of whom would pass the proposed intelligence test(s)! :-?

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2968 Post by llondel » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:38 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:42 am
Ooops, seems as if the much-derided Orange Man could see the shitstorm coming down the road before he left the crèche in charge of Sleepy Joe;

I just lurve the shocked expressions of the unfortunates on the opposite side of that table as he delicately rammed home the uncomfortable truth about energy dependency!

Though to those of us in the old European fallen empires it’s always been a mystery as to how difficult it is for the ‘murricanes to find and elect a “functioning frontal cortex” out of >330,000,000 citizens, many of whom would pass the proposed intelligence test(s)! :-?
The UK seems to have a problem in that area too. I think Douglas Adams nailed it with his observations about how no one who wants the job should be allowed near it.

As for dependency on overseas stuff (not just energy, think how much Chinese stuff the US imports), that was the one thing about which I agreed with Trump, even if I didn't agree with his proposed methods for doing something about it.

Seenenough

#2969 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:04 pm

From the day Trump was elected to office the Davos One World Order and their lapdog media worked to get him out of office as well as to paralyze him while he was in office

We now know that the whole Russia,Russia campaign against Trump was a complete hoax that obsessed the US with endless investigations and Impeachment attempts that all went nowhere.

Whatever Trump did and said was ridiculed and scoffed at with the result being that when he said things that were correct and appropriate ,such as at his meeting with Stoltenberg of NATO, about Germany doing more to avoid the Putin Noose ,they all just laughed at him and ignored him.

The consequence of such ignorance is now the horror we are seeing unfold in the Ukraine where Putin has begun flattening cities ,one after the other.

Seenenough

#2970 Post by Seenenough » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:23 pm

The vice that Biden's balls are firmly clamped in is beginning to be tightened from both sides.

There is overwhelming support from the public that all purchases of oil from the Russians must stop.Even Pelosi is in support of it.

On the other side of it, the New Green Agenda supporters ( Bernie Sanders and the "Squad ")in his party are screeching that restrictions he imposed by Executive Order on the US Oil and Gas Industry,cannot be relaxed in order to supply the US its own needs as a result of no longer buying oil from Russia.

Now we have Biden desperately trying to get the Saudis and yes even the Venezuelans to help.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#2971 Post by Dushan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:55 pm

Canada is just a pipeline away. Keystone, anyone?

Don't have to go to the towheads or commies.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#2972 Post by Dushan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:58 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:23 pm
The vice that Biden's balls are firmly clamped in...
How about if Vlad has a few turns on the clamp? What if he has some dirt on the Bidens (note the plural), and is using it to his advantage?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2973 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:24 pm

Dushan wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:58 pm
Seenenough wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:23 pm
The vice that Biden's balls are firmly clamped in...
How about if Vlad has a few turns on the clamp? What if he has some dirt on the Bidens (note the plural), and is using it to his advantage?
I am planning to be in Mississauga in September this year to visit a valued client, and sundry intelligent South African emigres. I would be honoured to have dinner with you and your better half. I promise not to bring up the Congo (which is where I went mad)...

Dinner is on me.

Last time I met you, on a similar trip, was a really pleasant experience... :-bd
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2974 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:04 am

It looks as if Sleepy Joe’s balls may soon encounter a vice closer to home;

“The 30-mile-long People’s Convoy is circling the Washington D.C. Beltway in protest at “unconstitutional” coronavirus restrictions, such as mask and vaccine mandates.

The self-styled freedom convoy departed from the speedway in Hagerstown, Maryland Sunday morning on a journey to parade the 64-mile highway surrounding the capital city.

“Hold the line,” organiser Brian Brase told the crowd of drivers before they headed out, instructing them to stay with the protest.

“I beg of you to stay with the convoy. I beg of you to stay with the convoy and then come back down here, meet again and talk about our next plan.’

Brase, who was met with applause, added: “We are not going to sit idly by. We are going to continue to press forward with our mission, but we are also going to do so with some diplomacy to show that we are not unreasonable and willing to talk, but also flex our muscle if you do not hear us.”

The group plans to circle the Beltway twice – a route that should take about four to five hours. Drivers were reminded to maintain safe distances, speeds of approximately 40 to 50 miles per hour and to be mindful of possible rainy weather conditions.

The convoy is reportedly cooperating with state and local law enforcement and does not plan to cause havoc in the area. Authorities had previously voiced concerns that the trucker protest could result in chaos similar to the January 6th Capitol riot.

Brase told the Washington Post Friday night that the group would continue its route around the Beltway each day this week, clogging one of the main arteries into DC until the group’s demands are met. However, as of Saturday morning, he indicated that plans will be determined day-by-day.

Another organiser did not rule out the trucks honking their horns along Pennsylvania Avenue.

“I can tell you now that there will be select trucks going to the White House,” organiser Dan Fitzgerald revealed on his Friday morning livestream. “I don’t want people thinking we are invading D.C. This is not the convoy going into D.C. commons. This is a few select drivers.”

“Today, we decided that we are going to go on to the Beltway,” Brase said to the crowd of cheering supporters Sunday morning in Hagerstown.

“We are going to do this peacefully, we’re going to do this with some class. We’re going to do this the way that we’ve done it coming all the way across the country. We’re not going to shut anything down today. We’re just going to do a convoy so that they can see that we’re in their backyard and that we are huge.”

The People’s Convoy – a spinoff from a protest in Canada started by truckers upset at vaccine requirements to cross the Canadian border – travelled from southern California nearly 2,500 miles to D.C. on an 11-day journey. The group stopped in major U.S. cities and rural towns along they way, holding rallies and meeting with their supporters. …

The People’s Convoy – which has raised more than $1.6 million in donations made through its own website – is demanding that President Joe Biden end the national emergency originally declared at the start of the pandemic, as well as scrap any remaining coronavirus mandates.

The truckers allege the Government has infringed upon their constitutional rights with the mandates.

While many states are currently lifting Covid requirements, there are still 19 with vaccine mandates of various kinds in effect, and the Federal Government is refusing to end the national state of emergency. A recent effort by the Senate to end the pandemic state of emergency was thwarted by the Democrat-controlled House and the President. So more pressure it appears is required.”

Presumably the National Guard will be deployed to break up this protest, especially if POTUS has his afternoon nap and nighttime slumbers disrupted by truck horns. =))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2975 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:39 am

My God man, you could have said all of this crap in one video! ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2976 Post by llondel » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:44 am

Dushan wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:55 pm

Had they listened to the protesters and routed the pipeline away from ancestral burial grounds and other sensitive places, chances are it would have been built by now, I think there was more argument about "don't build it here" than "don't build it at all". However, that would probably have upset rich people who were happy to have the pipeline built but not on their land. There have been enough spillages that the chance of one occurring without the responsible party doing a 100% clean-up and compensation is high enough that I wouldn't particularly want one on my land either.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2977 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:07 am

The way that things are going that $1.6M might buy them just enough diesel to get them back home. :))

PP

Seenenough

#2978 Post by Seenenough » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:13 am

llondel wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:44 am
Dushan wrote:

Had they listened to the protesters and routed the pipeline away from ancestral burial grounds and other sensitive places, chances are it would have been built by now, I think there was more argument about "don't build it here" than "don't build it at all". However, that would probably have upset rich people who were happy to have the pipeline built but not on their land. There have been enough spillages that the chance of one occurring without the responsible party doing a 100% clean-up and compensation is high enough that I wouldn't particularly want one on my land either.
One assumes from your comments ,there in San Jose ,that you are quite happy paying for gas at near S7 a Gallon,Ilon

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2979 Post by llondel » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:42 am

Seenenough wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:13 am
llondel wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:44 am
Dushan wrote:

One assumes from your comments ,there in San Jose ,that you are quite happy paying for gas at near S7 a Gallon,Ilon
So far I've managed not to pay more than $4.99, despite driving down to LA and back in the van (which achieves an awesome 16mpg if I drive it properly). That may change in the coming weeks though, several hundred more miles of van driving is planned. I will admit to researching the route and tagging optimal places to fill the tank such that we avoided having to pay LA prices. Not seen anything over $6 even there though.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2980 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:49 am

Lead from gasoline blunted the IQ of about half the U.S. population, study says
Leaded gas was banned in 1996, but exposure to the toxin cost people born before then several IQ points on average, researchers estimated.

Well, this explains a lot.
Only question...which half?
:-? :-ss :))

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... -rcna19028

Exposure to leaded gasoline lowered the IQ of about half the population of the United States, a new study estimates.

The peer-reviewed study, published Monday in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, focuses on people born before 1996 — the year the U.S. banned gas containing lead.

Overall, the researchers from Florida State University and Duke University found, childhood lead exposure cost America an estimated 824 million points, or 2.6 points per person on average.

Certain cohorts were more affected than others. For people born in the 1960s and the 1970s, when leaded gas consumption was skyrocketing, the IQ loss was estimated to be up to 6 points and for some, more than 7 points. Exposure to it came primarily from inhaling auto exhaust.

The team behind the study used gas consumption data, population estimates and other data to calculate that as of 2015, more than 170 million Americans had had blood lead levels above 5 micrograms per deciliter in their early childhood years.

Lead is a neurotoxin, and no amount of it is safe. Currently, 3.5 micrograms per deciliter is the reference value for blood lead levels to be considered high; the acceptable amount was once higher.

Principal study author Michael McFarland, an associate professor of sociology at Florida State University and a faculty member of the university’s Center for Demography and Population Health, called the number of people affected by lead exposure “staggering.”

“This is important because we often think about lead as an issue for children, and of course it is,” he said. “But what we really wanted to know is what happens to those children who were exposed?”

In many cases, McFarland said, a 2 to 3 point IQ difference is nominal, unless an individual is on the lower side of IQ distribution.

“If you’re more toward cognitive impairment, a couple points can mean a lot,” he said.

But on a population basis, shifting the average IQ down even a small amount could have large consequences, said Sung Kyun Park, an associate professor of epidemiology and environmental health sciences at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. The entire bell curve shifts, he explained, with more of the population at what was once the extreme low end of IQ scores.

Lead used to be added to gasoline to help engines run more smoothly until other, safer additives replaced it. In addition to being linked to lower IQs, it has also been associated with heart and kidney disease.

Lead can be inhaled or ingested, with children particularly susceptible to its poisonous effects. Children’s blood lead levels have been dramatically lowered in the U.S. in recent decades, but lead exposure still happens, and Black children are exposed more often than white children. Monday’s study, too, estimated that most Black adults under age 45 experienced “considerably higher” levels of blood lead levels in early life than their white counterparts.

The racial disparities are generally due to environmental contamination and infrastructure issues that affect drinking water in low-income and minority neighborhoods, with the water crisis in Flint, Michigan, one of the most egregious examples in recent years.

And while children are the most vulnerable to getting very ill from lead, the toxin’s damage can show up years later, Park said. Lead exposure is believed to put people at risk for chronic and age-related diseases, including cardiovascular disease and dementia.

“Lead is a never-ending story,” he said.

There are medical interventions available for children who have recently been exposed to high amounts of lead, but those wouldn’t work for adults born before 1996. Still, the study findings should not be a major cause for concern, McFarland said.

“There are a host of things that go into IQ,” he said. “This is one that is obviously negative, but if you also have a nurturing home environment, that helped your IQ.”

PP